Not bugs but typos...

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Not bugs but typos...

Post by Mino »

Found another one while playing a new game.

When talking to Wyre about her son, Rincel.

Wyre: I also told Rincel of how bad idea I thought it was to recruit more people to the royal guard.
Should be: I also told Rincel how bad an idea I thought it was to recruit more people to the Royal Guard.

(The "of" in front of "how" isn't needed, add "an" in front "idea", and not sure about "royal guard" but if its the name of the group, it should be capitalized".)
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Elyon
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Elyon »

Ok after I finish talking to the drunk in Fallhaven, I go to Unnmir in the warehouse and one of his lines read: Nice little town here. A lot thieves around though, but they don't bother me.
It should be: Nice little town here. A lot of thieves around though, but they don't bother me.

Also when talking to Thoronir in fallhaven church he says: shadows protect us from the dangers of the night. I'm not sure if it was meant to be said that way or if that's a typo and instead was supposed to be: the shadow protects us from the dangers of the night.

1 more :D (For now) ;)
After Unnmir sends me to Nocmar in the smithy in Fallhaven the line reads: Nocmar: Beware the liches of Undertell, if they still are around. It should be: Beware the liches of Undertell, if they are still around. The words 'still' and 'are' swap spots.
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Elyon wrote:Ok after I finish talking to the drunk in Fallhaven, I go to Unnmir in the warehouse and one of his lines read: Nice little town here. A lot thieves around though, but they don't bother me.
It should be: Nice little town here. A lot of thieves around though, but they don't bother me.
Good points.

One more: "Though" is a concessive conjunction and isn't needed in this sentence when you already have a coordinate conjunction like "but". Of course, since this is in dialogue and characters don't always have correct grammar, it could pretty much be however you want it to be provided you make it consistent with the rest of this characters dialogue.

If you want the character to have correct grammar then it should be "A lot of thieves around, but they don't bother me."

Reference
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Instead of just ignoring all the text mistakes that I see I decided to post them as I stumble upon them.

After I bring the meat to Athamyr in The Key of Luther quest Athamyr says: You have my permission enter the catacombs of Fallhaven Church.
For it to be correct there needs to be a comma after permission or the word 'to' must be added after the word 'permission'.
Last edited by Elyon on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

Thanks everyone, this will really help polish the final product!

(not to mention the next update)

It is greatly appreciated.

:D
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Haha this is nearly the longest post ever.

•I was talking to Pickpocket and Smug Looking Thief in the Thieves Guild, and after I ask "what is this place" I am presented with the option of saying: Hello. Do you know where I can find Umar?

I'm not sure if its just me but that word 'Hello' in that spot is really random considering the fact that I'm already halfway in the conversation. I believe it should be deleted.

•Also Umar in the Thieves Guild says: We in the.......conflict. Our business is so far unaffected by all this. The word 'of' needs to be added. Whereas he says: ..... Our business is so far unaffected by all of this.

•In the Disallowed Substance quest, Thoronir the Fallhaven priest says: Thank you........fine. Now I can start creating some bonemeal healing potion for you. The word 'potion' needs an 's' at the end of it. Ex: Thank you.........fine. Now I can start creating some bonemeal healing potions for you.

•When I just walk into Vilegard I talk to Kaori and she says: I don't.....you. Go talk Jolnor in the chapel if you want to help us. It should be: ..... Go talk to Jolnor in the chapel if you want to help us.

•When I just walk into Vilegard I talk to Erttu and I am presented with the option of saying: What can else you tell me about Vilegard? It should be: What else can you tell me about Vilegard? Those two words swap spots.

•When I ask Jolnor in Vilegard to tell me more about the Shadow he says: The Shadow protect us from the dangers..... It should be: The Shadow protects us from the dangers.....

•When I ask Jolnor if there is anything I can do to gain your trust, he says: .......There are three people I can think of that are influential here in Vilegard, that you should try help. It should be: .......here in Vilegard, that you should try to help, or ....that you should try helping.

•When talking to Wrye about her son Rincel she says: A few of days passed...... It should be: A few days passed.... The word 'of' is not needed.

•When talking to the guard outside Foaming Flask Tavern I am given the option of saying: The Shadow protect us. It should be: The Shadow protects us.

•In the quest log for the quest "A Lost Potion" the second sentence of the log says: Umar in the Fallhaven thieves guild told me I that I will need ...... It should be: Umar in the Fallhaven thieves guild told me that I will need ...... The first "I" in the sentence is deleted.

•Right before I attack Maelveon in the Gargoyle Cavern, the last line reads: [the figure lift his hand and points at you] It should be: [the figure lifts his hand and points at you]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Elyon: Definitly one of the longer ones, but i think Ctnbeh still has you beat.

Great job! Thank you for finding these! :mrgreen:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elyon

Post by Elyon »

Pyrizzle wrote:Elyon: Definitly one of the longer ones, but i think Ctnbeh still has you beat.
I was thinking of editing my post and adding to it till I created this ginormous behemoth of a post but then I remembered Oskar tends to come out with extra large posts when announcing new updates.. He wins! :D

I'll just keep posting any typo/grammer I find.

•When talking to Winged demon in Ancient Secrets quest he says: Yes..... My undead army will spread far outside Flagstone once.... It should be: ..... My undead army will spread far outside of Flagstone once.... Added the word 'of'.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Elyon wrote:I was thinking of editing my post and adding to it till I created this ginormous behemoth of a post but then I remembered Oskar tends to come out with extra large posts when announcing new updates.. He wins! :D

I'll just keep posting any typo/grammer I find.

•When talking to Winged demon in Ancient Secrets quest he says: Yes..... My undead army will spread far outside Flagstone once.... It should be: ..... My undead army will spread far outside of Flagstone once.... Added the word 'of'.
:mrgreen: Great job. Thank you again for all your help

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

Mino wrote:Wyre: I also told Rincel how bad an idea I thought it was to recruit more people to the Royal Guard.
Elyon wrote:Nice little town here. A lot of thieves around though, but they don't bother me.
the shadow protects us from the dangers of the night.

Beware the liches of Undertell, if they are still around.
fiernaq wrote:A lot of thieves around, but they don't bother me.
Elyon wrote:You have my permission enter the catacombs of Fallhaven Church.
For it to be correct there needs to be a comma after permission or the word 'to' must be added after the word 'permission'.
Elyon wrote:• I'm not sure if its just me but that word 'Hello' in that spot is really random considering the fact that I'm already halfway in the conversation. I believe it should be deleted.

•Also Umar in the Thieves Guild says: We in the.......conflict. Our business is so far unaffected by all this. The word 'of' needs to be added. Whereas he says: ..... Our business is so far unaffected by all of this.

•In the Disallowed Substance quest, Thoronir the Fallhaven priest says: Thank you........fine. Now I can start creating some bonemeal healing potion for you. The word 'potion' needs an 's' at the end of it. Ex: Thank you.........fine. Now I can start creating some bonemeal healing potions for you.

•When I just walk into Vilegard I talk to Kaori and she says: I don't.....you. Go talk Jolnor in the chapel if you want to help us. It should be: ..... Go talk to Jolnor in the chapel if you want to help us.

•When I just walk into Vilegard I talk to Erttu and I am presented with the option of saying: What can else you tell me about Vilegard? It should be: What else can you tell me about Vilegard? Those two words swap spots.

•When I ask Jolnor in Vilegard to tell me more about the Shadow he says: The Shadow protect us from the dangers..... It should be: The Shadow protects us from the dangers.....

•When I ask Jolnor if there is anything I can do to gain your trust, he says: .......There are three people I can think of that are influential here in Vilegard, that you should try help. It should be: .......here in Vilegard, that you should try to help, or ....that you should try helping.

•When talking to Wrye about her son Rincel she says: A few of days passed...... It should be: A few days passed.... The word 'of' is not needed.

•When talking to the guard outside Foaming Flask Tavern I am given the option of saying: The Shadow protect us. It should be: The Shadow protects us.

•In the quest log for the quest "A Lost Potion" the second sentence of the log says: Umar in the Fallhaven thieves guild told me I that I will need ...... It should be: Umar in the Fallhaven thieves guild told me that I will need ...... The first "I" in the sentence is deleted.

•Right before I attack Maelveon in the Gargoyle Cavern, the last line reads: [the figure lift his hand and points at you] It should be: [the figure lifts his hand and points at you]

Excellent finds, everyone. Thank you so much for finding them and taking the time to post them as improvements to the forums. These changes are now committed to the production branch in git.
/Oskar