v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

button colors now white/gray

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

button colors now white/gray

Post by Antison »

I updated my DROID x's operating sysyem to android 2.3.3and now the game looks terrible and in some cases is hard to use.
99% of the buttons are now gray/white. Included in these buttons are the "hero", "chest", "info", "conversion ", and "loot" . The only one that was unaffected was the out of focus tab button on the menu screen.
The "loot" Window also has a gray rectangle shaped image that spans its width.
The dialog widow used in the conversationout with the trader in BWN that sells the fatigue potion is completely gray and the yellow text for his name is nearly impossible to read now.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
kabbie1882

Re: button colors now white/gray

Post by kabbie1882 »

Have you update Andor's Trail to the newest version 6.9 ???
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Antison

Post by Antison »

kabbie1882 wrote:Have you update Andor's Trail to the newest version 6.9 ???
Of course I have. Been playing it for weeks now.
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

OK

Thought maybe there was a update conflict thing going on.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Antison

Post by Antison »

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

I'm on a DroidX, but I haven't updated it. I'll certainly be paying attention to this thread though.

Have you tried reinstalling Andor's Trail (after backing everything up)?
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18
Antison

Post by Antison »

pelligrini wrote:I'm on a DroidX, but I haven't updated it. I'll certainly be paying attention to this thread though.

Have you tried reinstalling Andor's Trail (after backing everything up)?
I have not tried anything except looking for color display settings within the phone settings.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Hi tek,

Thank you for the report. I have read other reports from people doing that update having the same problem with other applications. It seems the manufacturer (Motorola?) included a theme update in there, which makes a lot of applications show up this way. Do you see this behaviour in other applications also?

Regardless, this is something I really would like to look into. Unfortunately, I have no way of testing this myself, since neither the emulator nor my Android device shows this problem.

Would you be willing to try a few test versions of Andor's Trail to test what works and what does not work? I'll PM you the details in that case.

Thanks in advance,
/Oskar
/Oskar
Antison

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:Hi tek,

Thank you for the report. I have read other reports from people doing that update having the same problem with other applications. It seems the manufacturer (Motorola?) included a theme update in there, which makes a lot of applications show up this way. Do you see this behaviour in other applications also?

Regardless, this is something I really would like to look into. Unfortunately, I have no way of testing this myself, since neither the emulator nor my Android device shows this problem.

Would you be willing to try a few test versions of Andor's Trail to test what works and what does not work? I'll PM you the details in that case.

Thanks in advance,
/Oskar
Yes it is a Motorola.
Antison

Post by Antison »

oskarwiksten wrote:Hi tek,

Thanks in advance,
/Oskar

Oskar,

I have tried sending you 6 PMs but all six are still sitting in my "outbox". I have no idea why they wont send.

anyway, I would love to help test the solution to this issue.