v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Spoilers for the main story?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Spoilers for the main story?

Post by oskarwiksten »

I have ofcourse already determined what the main story of the game is, and several parts that make up the story. This includes things such as what role the different tows have in the main story, and certain characters and phenomenon. I also have a rough sketch of the world map that I use when making new maps.

Now that we are expanding to more people doing maps and quests, how should we handle the main story with regards to not spoiling what the story is? In my view, there is a point to keeping parts of it not revealed until you have played through it, that probably makes for a better gaming experience. But I can also imagine that we will need to discuss parts of the story that might spoil it for some players.

Is there any reason to keep the sketch of the worldmap hidden as well, or is this only applicable to the story?

How should we handle this? Should we reveal everything on these forums in some way?

** spoiler **

Shadow be with you :)
/Oskar
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Spoilers for the main story?

Post by sdevaney »

How about anything that is a spoiler would be required to be placed in a spoiler tag (done in bbcode) and thus hidden unless someone clicks to view it.

Then people that want to know can know and the people that would rather find out by playing can find out by playing.
Moondawgie

Post by Moondawgie »

Imo I would definitely encode anything that regards to the main storyline but as far as the world map goes I don't think it would reveal anything that could be considered a spoiler.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Wrote a quick spoiler script
You can't see this. Like a ninja :D
CaptainDoug

Post by CaptainDoug »

That's perfect!