Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Battle Arena?

Post by Antison »

SuFiC8 wrote:WELCOME TO THE THUNDER DOME :lol:

Lot's could be done with this idea, I like it...
I also like the idea of disabling your potions... Maybe they are taken before you enter, and reclaim them when you leave.. " we have rules hero, please drop your potions before entering ..."
The arena could be placed in a big city like faygard ( for the locals amusement ) like the Roman days... Even have spectators watching... As far as prizes, could be like grinding for L & E items... Compete as often as you wish, but no guarantee you will get a drop...
Yah, meanwhile Andor is getting further and further away.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

tek wrote: Yah, meanwhile Andor is getting further and further away.
I bet andar was kidnapped and forced against his will to compete in the arena :shock:

No, but seriously.... Andor could at least call! He's probably out living the dream while I'm out chasing farts in the breeze for our lazy dad, who can't walk a block to get a loaf of bread :roll:
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

SuFiC8 wrote:
tek wrote: Yah, meanwhile Andor is getting further and further away.
I bet andar was kidnapped and forced against his will to compete in the arena :shock:

No, but seriously.... Andor could at least call! He's probably out living the dream while I'm out chasing farts in the breeze for our lazy dad, who can't walk a block to get a loaf of bread :roll:
My point is that the hero doesn't have time to compete in a battle arena.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

I got your point... goes without saying, does our hero have time to rum pointless errands, grind for item, build lvl 100+ chrs?
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

I'm kinda with tek on this. Also surely you would have to grind to develop a fighter for the arena. AT has some way to go in its development. Sounds fun but it would take some work!
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

deja vu?

Link: Arena Combat, Multiplayer Concept.

Didn't someone say they would code it, if they saw enough member support?

*still digging for the post*

i'm not really concerned with multi-player,
at the moment, i'm focused on the story - finally getting to the juicy stuff!

*cough*
Necromancy?
*cough*

but, i know that a hand full of players around the world would perk...
(at multiplayer, i mean...)
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
SuFiC8

Post by SuFiC8 »

Lol multiplayer would be cool, but not real feasible (imo) and don't get me wrong, I'm all for grinding, leveling up, an running mindless errands that have little to do with the story... Just pointing out that a lot of the game has nothing to do with finding andor in reference to tek saying " there's no time"
As for moving on with the story, I can't wait! AT is AWESOME, and I'm sure I will enjoy any new content in future updates, as will many others I'm sure :)
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

[Be prepared for the Modd Mash]

Topics have been combined!

MY opinion hasn't changed: Not a fan (thumbs down), if i wanted to play a MMORPG I'll go log onto my laptop.

Don't like the idea of getting extra permissions for the game and the possibility for cheating.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SuFiC8

Re: Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Post by SuFiC8 »

Oops... I hadn't realized this thread was about multiplayer when I posted my opinion on the arena, my apologies ...
My thoughts were more based on the concept of fighting monsters in my original reply... I understand we are moving forward with the story, but unrelated events like this one, and many other good suggestions are not only good for in between updates, but even after it is a finished product, and we all have done all there is to do... I'm sure many of us will continue building our heroes, but I think afew ideas like an arena ( monsters only) would be a nice touch...
^SuFiC8^
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Re: Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Post by Wyrmspawn »

The doppleganger character idea seemed to get a hearty reception from the forum users... maybe if the arena possessed a doppleganger character, that would mean that you wouldn't have to grind for levels to fight inside the arena. So, maybe another strange dungeon? The player enters the dungeon, and then immediately sees something (A shapeshifter) exactly like him... With 50% of everything in his stats... Player defeats him once, then he reappears again, saying he was only getting warmed up... Fights again with the shapeshifter with his exact same stats. Player defeats him again, the shapeshifter says that he's still only charging up for his attacks... Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 150% of the player's stats... Player wins again, Shapeshifter says: Argghh!!! That's it! You've made me mad now! I'm going to give you all I have, and then some!!! Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 200% of his stats.

Yeah, this isn't exactly what most of you had in mind, but won't it be a solution of sorts? This way, the character won't have to grind for a gazillion xp to enter the arena without losing, and the player can still have fun.
Hey guys, I'm back.