v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Arena combat, multiplayer concept.

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:The doppleganger character idea seemed to get a hearty reception from the forum users... maybe if the arena possessed a doppleganger character, that would mean that you wouldn't have to grind for levels to fight inside the arena. So, maybe another strange dungeon? The player enters the dungeon, and then immediately sees something (A shapeshifter) exactly like him... With 50% of everything in his stats... Player defeats him once, then he reappears again, saying he was only getting warmed up... Fights again with the shapeshifter with his exact same stats. Player defeats him again, the shapeshifter says that he's still only charging up for his attacks... Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 150% of the player's stats... Player wins again, Shapeshifter says: Argghh!!! That's it! You've made me mad now! I'm going to give you all I have, and then some!!! Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 200% of his stats.

Yeah, this isn't exactly what most of you had in mind, but won't it be a solution of sorts? This way, the character won't have to grind for a gazillion xp to enter the arena without losing, and the player can still have fun.
I like the idea of upping the stats after each victory!

I think it should start lower @ 75%, then 100%, then 125%, then 150%, then 175%, and finally 200% (you are DOOMED! :lol: love it)

Everytime you come back after you killed the Doppleganger you would say

"hey i thought I killed you"

"Well you thought wrong kid and now i am stronger than ever!!! You will never defeat me now!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Pyrizzle wrote:
Wyrmspawn wrote:The doppleganger character idea seemed to get a hearty reception from the forum users... maybe if the arena possessed a doppleganger character, that would mean that you wouldn't have to grind for levels to fight inside the arena. So, maybe another strange dungeon? The player enters the dungeon, and then immediately sees something (A shapeshifter) exactly like him... With 50% of everything in his stats... Player defeats him once, then he reappears again, saying he was only getting warmed up... Fights again with the shapeshifter with his exact same stats. Player defeats him again, the shapeshifter says that he's still only charging up for his attacks... Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 150% of the player's stats... Player wins again, Shapeshifter says: Argghh!!! That's it! You've made me mad now! I'm going to give you all I have, and then some!!! Player fights the shapeshifter which now has 200% of his stats.

Yeah, this isn't exactly what most of you had in mind, but won't it be a solution of sorts? This way, the character won't have to grind for a gazillion xp to enter the arena without losing, and the player can still have fun.
I like the idea of upping the stats after each victory!

I think it should start lower @ 75%, then 100%, then 125%, then 150%, then 175%, and finally 200% (you are DOOMED! :lol: love it)

Everytime you come back after you killed the Doppleganger you would say

"hey i thought I killed you"

"Well you thought wrong kid and now i am stronger than ever!!! You will never defeat me now!"
+1 nice idea, but... in current AT combat system we have this one problem - first strike. So I suggest that this enemy starts at 50% of all of yours stats except HP is *2.... next time 60% of ... and HP *3, etc ..
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
dmob
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by dmob »

I am not going to take tha credit for this as these are just a collection me your ideas. Iv just put them together and added abitta info lol.
I know Youv good through this conversation but maybe you dont need a server?

...Upload and download...
As in you upload your character to the main website and other people just download it? Tha files for your uploaded player are fully protected and cannot be replicated or changed. When uploading- your player is sent within tha base level eg. In lvl 36 I would be placed in tha 30-39 categorie, and when fighting, tha game automatically gives me a lvl 35-37 player to fight.

* no consumables are allowed. if the fights are in rounds tha player receives a third of his health back? Every 3rounds he receives half his health back: round 1 2 3 he receives a third health, round 4 completion gives half his health back. Process starts all over again increasing difficulty,*

...offline Players...
To those tha dont have internet access they can fight their doppleganger, a introduction to this fight could be seeing an dream weaver and she puts you in a deep sleep to fight your fear, Pride, anger, and so on separately one after the other if you win, hence the no reward system and andor isnt too busy for a bitta butt whoopin, online players can do this too while maybe waiting for new players to upload their character.

*no consumables are allowed. Full health is recovered as you conquer a bad of you.*

...fight mosters...
I kinda like this idea...this is where items gold and maybe xp can be gained from. I have seen farming from other games by this 'waves of enemies'/ slaughter room, if xp is given or thought about I reckon tha actual xp gained per moster should be roughly between 25-50% if tha monster drops are given, if not, maybe the xp received could be from 50-75%. Tha chest box idea? Maybe tha chest could contain a choice between winning co item in; weapon armour helmet ring and so on...based on tha wave achieved tha item level quality can be based on that?

Sorry about all this being all raw, I an typing this on my phone and smoking hehe, he you want me to collaborate or add your ideas? Dont let me stop you! :-P

And yeah in satisfied by the new update lol, Would like to be given a 'choice' to do tha quests again though...otherwise its just grinding and exploring doing new quests that isnt linear to tha story maybe, would love to start doing tha missions top to bottom so tha near end quests are a challenge muwahahahaha!
Shadow be with you!
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed curse word