MUSIC?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Re: MUSIC?

Post by duallifes »

insink71 wrote:I agree with Oskar's position. That being said a separate sound effect/music pack could be made as optional download [future dev idea]; hooks would need be added to base. Music or video [scenes] add too much bloat to be baked into [base] app imo.
This could already be implemented; have people create AT-like soundtrack in mp3 format, add it to your phone and use 'insert-your-favorite-music-player-here' while you play AT. This way it would not bother people who absolutely dont want any sounds.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

We talked about this in-depth on another thread but I can't seem to find it...

The simple answer is, I would love music and/or environmental sound. As long as it goes on SD, and has an option to mute sound, it would be great. :D

*edit* found it: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... und#p15190

The search is working great now. :D
avgvst

Post by avgvst »

Downloaded the game earlier today and noticed the silence.

I composed an RPG soundtrack for projects just like this. You guys can totally use it, if you think the quality is sufficient and it fits the atmosphere of the game.

http://opengameart.org/content/generic- ... soundtrack

Not sure if you can get a software synthesizer running on Android, but if that's a possibility, the file-size would only be around 75kb. I'd have to edit the instrumentation for that, but it wouldn't take much work.
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

If this is implemented, I'm with those who ask for mute lol but after reading this thread, I downloaded some RPG tracks to play on repeat while I played... I'm rocking the original Legend of Zelda theme- pretty darn cool :D
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

While I might love the music (which I do) the majority of the time I play Andor's Trail is spent in locations or at times when noise of any kind would not be welcome so I'd have to agree with SuFiC8 that if this does get implemented, a Mute option would be useful (I still need to receive emergency calls so can't always turn the volume on the device down).
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

avgvst wrote:Downloaded the game earlier today and noticed the silence.

I composed an RPG soundtrack for projects just like this. You guys can totally use it, if you think the quality is sufficient and it fits the atmosphere of the game.

http://opengameart.org/content/generic- ... soundtrack

Not sure if you can get a software synthesizer running on Android, but if that's a possibility, the file-size would only be around 75kb. I'd have to edit the instrumentation for that, but it wouldn't take much work.
Thanks for the offer. We have said if the right music comes along we wouldn't be opposed to adding it. I will certainly bring this post up at the next dev meeting.
Lady Drager
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by Lady Drager »

nyktos wrote:
ExotiCAT wrote:Hahahaha! One main reason I love this game is its total silence! Though there has been RPG 'jingles' I enjoyed, I prefer to listen to my own mp3 files or nothing when playing. I've even told my husband to shut up...oops, I didn't say that lolz
:mrgreen:
right?

:lol:

silence is golden, like when the baby is sleeping inches away...
as you slay a demon & grab a new sword - in total silence!

:twisted:

all you can hear is breathing...
yes, even mute - this game packs a punch.

:D
I agree! Most game music just gives me a headache anyway!
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
Equipped L&E Items: RoLS, SH, Mwt, DoSP, BotD
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

I just had a thought: would it be possible to set up AT so the player can choose a sound effect from those already installed in the phone to be played only when you've obtained something big (like a RoLS)?
Update coming soon Nina Lvl: 49 XP: 2209302 Base; HP: 79 AP: 10 AC: 75% Dam: 19 Def: 75%
WA1, HH1, BS1, QL1, IF1, Ev1, Rg1, FM1, MF1, DBoS1, DP1, LAP1, HAP1, FS:DW2, S:DW1
rijackson741

Post by rijackson741 »

Like the finale of the 1812 Overture? :D

That would certainly be possible, but I'm not sure how much work it would be.

Edit: A problem with this is that Extraordinary and Legendary items are not advertised in the game. Without changing that (and there are good reasons not to), there would be no way for someone to set the ringtone.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Lady Drager

Post by Lady Drager »

OK, then use it for that AND important story elements like Quest completion. As for the overture: maybe the most famous clip. I'm not thinking about songs or ringtones, though. I'm thinking more like your alarm tones.