Ideas for The Next Meeting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: About The Meeting... (Sunday, the 10th)

Post by phydeaux »

I don't think this takes into account actor conditions the mob might (and probably will) give you...
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nyktos wrote:i'd say a toast pop-up / if L & E items get one at all...

(that's what you're seeing on the "Short Loot Display")

it's a small, quick pop-up that you don't have to dismiss...

(fades away after a few moments)

---edit---

don't get me wrong,
i'm not stating an opinion either way.

actually, feels a little like hand holding though...
you need to pay attention to your loot in game like this!
I'm gonna have to disagree with your non-opinion, I have bought at least 1 of everything available in the game. To scroll down to the bottom every few minutes can really eat at your grinding time. (IMHO)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

i drop almost everything i have near my exit point,
just for that reason...

:lol:

let someone try to take it!

:shock:

my hero is begging for a fight!!!

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Pyrizzle wrote:Suggestion:

Adding a dialog box that pops up only when you get a Legendary or Extraordinary Item

"Hmmmm what is this?.... This could be useful." or something to that nature.

I have seen support for this addition and personally would like to see it added to the game. :mrgreen:
I really like this idea, and if I remember right others did, also. ;) So, ya may want to add it to the list.

One of my suggestions was to make this an option that had a checklist. You could choose what type of items to display a loot window for. Normal would select all items to be displayed, and then you have rare, extraordinary, and legendary.Unique items will always cause a loot window with a "unique" dialog.
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Things I picked up from the reviews on Google Play...

-Disable finger direction (slide/tap) control when using d-pad (maybe add option for that)
-More Lvl 15-30 quests to alleviate boredom.
-More frequent updates, saw A LOT of these, so... (Suggest giving players updates twice as often, splitting the planned update in two. This gives the illusion of more frequent updates even though it is really just the one.)
-Lower Experience Loss (maybe start it at 25% instead of 30%, Failure skill would need to be modified also)
-Retrain Option (allow resetting of skill points every 50 levels for cost, ie. 50k gold@50, 500k gold@100, etc.. Do not allow level up stats to be changed)
-World Map/Fast Travel/Placetags
-Explanation of Combat System ("Game Instructions" talked about in thread)
-Needs Sound stars lost from lack of sound. Some say AT's boring because of it, one guy even says he fell asleep (add Music/Environmental Sound/Mute Sound options)
-Black Dungeons (some say the dark dungeons killed the game for them. Is there any way to carry something like a torch to illuminate 3x3 maybe?)

These aren't necessarily my complaints/ideas, though there are some I would love to see implemented. I just added some basic suggestions for dealing with them. These are complaints/suggestions from the Google Play comments. Some of these items we have discussed here, on the forums, but I thought I'd try to help be the voice of those there that haven't made it to the forums. ;)

I guess you could say that these are subjects they might like to see in the meetings. :D

*edit* Sorry about that. Was concentrating so hard on what those at Google Play were saying, I didn't even realize I was the last one to post. :(
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Props to Oskar and team, but a thought on the more frequent updates thing, an update doesn't nessecary need to be a restructuring of the game engine & mechanics... Could do much more frequent content updates for map and quest addition... Especially with the new editor, forum writers submit content to the team, beta test with something like approve/modify/deny ratings, and release content updates every 5-10 approved quests and/or every 20-50 map tiles...

(numbers were picked at random, you get the idea)
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

I have started sewerall times new build with new strayegy and I have notised something.

IMO there should be more easy quest (lvl 1-10). Game is still guite hard in the beginning. Things going much easier after level 10 and somepoint after level 20 it is easy.....
Last edited by Sarumar on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Sarumar wrote:I have started sewerall times new build with new strayegy and I have notised something.

IMO there should be more easy quest (lvl 1-10). Game is still guite hard in the beginning. Things going much easier after level 10 and somepoint after level 20 it is easy.....
I agree, there should be alot more quests to keep you running around from area to area and if done properly it would help guide players into areas they haven't explored yet when they are at the approprite level to be trying them.

Great suggestion

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome

Post by oskarwiksten »

sdevaney wrote:All mobs have the same basic stats that a hero has, so the difficulty is figured by averaging and comparing those two sets of stats.
You take those stats, and figure out how many turns it would take for the hero to kill the mob and the mob to kill the hero.
Take the two number of rounds put them into a formula {50 + (turnsToKillPlayer - turnsToKillMonster) * 2} which gives you a number 0-100. That number corresponds to a difficulty rating.

0-19 = Impossible
20-39 = Hard
40-59 = Normal
60-79 = Easy
80-100 = Very Easy
Thanks for a good explanation, sdevaney. The above description is indeed how the difficulty rating is calculated.
To calculate the estimated number of turns it would take to kill the player or the monster, the game calculates

Code: Select all

turnsToKillTarget = maxHP / averageDamagePerTurn

where:
averageDamagePerTurn = averageDamagePerHit * attacksPerTurn
attacksPerTurn = maxAP / attackCost
averageDamagePerHit = averageDamage * chanceToHit
averageDamage = (damageMax + damageMin)/2 + criticalHitDamage - damageResistance
See http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/wiki/combat for an explanation of how "chanceToHit" is calculated.

Now, this method has some drawbacks, mainly that it won't take attack effects into account, such as those that some monsters cause when attacking. For example, "weapon feebleness" or "dazed". It also does not take into account the fact that the player can heal while in combat.

It will always be a subjective opinion on whether a monster is "hard" or not, and the game can of course never match that subjective opinion. What it does provide, though, is an indication on whether it might be a bad idea to attack some particular monster.
/Oskar
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

oskarwiksten wrote: It will always be a subjective opinion on whether a monster is "hard" or not, and the game can of course never match that subjective opinion. What it does provide, though, is an indication on whether it might be a bad idea to attack some particular monster.
+1 Very well said, Oskar! ;)