Quick Idea For Inventory Organizations\Useless Drops

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Quick Idea For Inventory Organizations\Useless Drops

Post by Antison »

PK17 wrote:Also for those of us who like to switch gear based on the current enemies would have to think twice before taking all the gear they think they'll need.

A weight restriction would create more strategy for this exact reason. I'm not in favor of this, but being a very logical person I can see the merit in introducing such a restriction.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Well of course realistically this makes sense, just imo I'm way against wieght restrictions.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

I can see why it would add realism if added, but weight isn't something i would be interested in having to deal with. Having to deal with weight in games is annoying IMHO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Thystonius wrote:
nyktos wrote: yeah, everything in the game has been given a new marker - to put it into a certain category.
this was done for a few reasons...

for one, we might end up organizing our gear by said category...
and weapons must be divided properly if there are going to be specializations...
also ~ alchemy-type crafting would need a group to pull from [e.g. ingredients]

the backpack idea seems t have turned into a place we can stash stuff that we wanna keep,
but we dont want it in our inventory - taking up valuable screen space.

Yes, +1. I love categorizing (and sorting by category) but would love it even better if we could have some (belt) pouches and backpack. Or travel sack. The list I have to scroll through is huge, and if I find new stuff to keep it is a lot of work to keep things tidy.

Also, carrying 3000 rocks is imho silly, something like strength (limiting the total weight of your inventory) and weight for items would add a little of realism.

3000 rock... hmm IMO that is something like a good start :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

A simple way to limit carrying capacity is a max number of inventory slots. Combine that with a max number of a given item type per slot (200 rocks, 1 sword, 50 potions, or whatever number) without having to add alot of calculation of encumbrance, etc.

Or we could continue to ignore the whole issue lol. I don't have a strong feeling either way.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Sarumar
VIP

Post by Sarumar »

Tomcat wrote:A simple way to limit carrying capacity is a max number of inventory slots. Combine that with a max number of a given item type per slot (200 rocks, 1 sword, 50 potions, or whatever number) without having to add alot of calculation of encumbrance, etc.

Or we could continue to ignore the whole issue lol. I don't have a strong feeling either way.
Hmmm.... i have 250+ differend item and severall of them i own over 10k pieces...

So personally i don't like your suggestion :lol:
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

I have piles of items at the house (your's and Andors). I have them organized as follows...

1 pile for each type
Weapons
Armor
Healing item / Potions
Jewlery
Counting Items
Other

just make sure you have loot dialog box set to on before you go to get something, otherwise you will pick up the whole pile. The house is like an armory, could support a militia
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

Sarumar wrote:
Tomcat wrote:A simple way to limit carrying capacity is a max number of inventory slots. Combine that with a max number of a given item type per slot (200 rocks, 1 sword, 50 potions, or whatever number) without having to add alot of calculation of encumbrance, etc.

Hmmm.... i have 250+ differend item and severall of them i own over 10k pieces...

I did say ”if” lol
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Urbain
VIP

Post by Urbain »

I like the idea of organizing inventory; it's a bit annoying and cumbersome having to scroll through an undifferentiated list of items.

As for the restrictions that have been suggested, I can't really get behind them. I don't play this game for a dose of reality. Like many others I play it for a brief escape. I don't want to have to keep going back to a place to sell stuff or to just not pick things up. I just want to pick up things and keep going.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
porpoisepower
android_version: 4.3

Post by porpoisepower »

Sarumar wrote:

I think if your PC has killed that much stuff, he's probably super-human and can carry as much as he wants :P
Urist
Lvl:52 Gold:32k HP:130 AP:3/12 AC:245% AD:21-34 CHS:19 BC:171% DR:4