*Change* Quest - The Path Is Clear To Me.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

*Change* Quest - The Path Is Clear To Me.

Post by Taledus »

I have not heard or seen anything coming about from this quest, so I thought I would add on to it.
This takes place after you chose to defeat Rogorn and his henchmen and gotten the 3 art pieces, or sides with Rogorn and (I don't know, I did not choose that way).
Minarra is married to Rogorn's younger brother, Fregorn. Rogorn happens to be the prince of (insert faraway kingdom here).

What appears to be 3 art pieces are actually 3 pieces of a map that Rogorn actually did take from Minarra, however, he was taking them back for his kingdom. In an attempt to have her husband become the next king of (insert faraway kingdom here), she decided to steal the map leading to a back way into the kingdom that the Crossroads guards planned on going through and attacking the kingdom, and kill the older prince Rogorn and his father the King.

Rogorn, seeing her sneak away after stealing the map, took 2 of his best bodyguards and stole it back from her one night. They tore it into 3 pieces to better safeguard it.
However, now that Minarra has all 3 pieces again, and Rogorn out of the way, her husband is now going to be the next king of (insert faraway kingdom here).
At a later quest, your actions in what is listed above define what happens in this next part:

You venture off into (insert faraway kingdom here) and meet the current king who is looking for his oldest son, Ragorn, who took 2 of his best bodyguards to locate some stolen map pieces some time ago, and hasn't been heard from since.

(...to be continued...)
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Re: *Change* Quest - The Path Is Clear To Me.

Post by phydeaux »

Sounds good so far :)
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

I have a lot more to the story to fill it out, I just have to put the rest of it in there, but a lot of advancing this idea depends on certain other aspects that will go on in the game's main storyline...like if there will ever be "other kingdoms".
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

sure, we've even talked about "other lands"...

:twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Sounds slightly far-fetched for Andor's Trail. There aren't any kingdoms as far as I know, and the closest thing you can have to a king would be a lord (Lord Geomur). So, not really sure about this one.
Hey guys, I'm back.
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Sounds slightly far-fetched for Andor's Trail. There aren't any kingdoms as far as I know, and the closest thing you can have to a king would be a lord (Lord Geomur). So, not really sure about this one.
+1 , this story does not fit in
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Taledus

Post by Taledus »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Sounds slightly far-fetched for Andor's Trail. There aren't any kingdoms as far as I know, and the closest thing you can have to a king would be a lord (Lord Geomur). So, not really sure about this one.
Sarumar wrote:+1 , this story does not fit in
That whole layed out design document doesn't sound so bad right about now, does it?

Without one it makes things very difficult to tie into other areas more fluidly, without touching the main storyline...I hate to say it, but some of the quests are just too short and could be much more filled out/expanded upon for a more in-depth experience.

This one would just continue at some other point in the game, based off your decision on the original part.

However, it does seem that none of my ideas work within the context of the game, whatever it may be. Requests for additional content without details are subject to having these effects for people like me who work more on a logical level rather than a premonition-based one.

I have posted my thoughts and suggestions for this to be discussed for the next meeting, in order to fix issues such as this. But with having 3 of my ideas discussed on the last meeting, and still no progress or input on them before this meeting, I strongly feel that no matter what happens, things are going to continue at the pace they have been, with little-to-no implementation for more structured or efficient methods for game development.

And before someone goes off on a tangent about the above, please note that I say these things with the utmost respect for the community and the dev's work. If I have offended you thoughts or beliefs in any way, remember my opinion is just that, mine...I highly doubt it is of much importance for anyone else...
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

don't worry, we'll get you some info & put you to work!

:twisted:

[the morgue's downstairs...]

:lol:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
pez
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by pez »

i found if you have an open quest with Minara, at the crossroads guardhouse, she won't speak to you about the loneford quest until it's complete
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Good find.
The dialogue tree that you reach when "The path is clear to me" is on-going is the only one where you can't get Minarra to talk about "Flows through the veins".
I think a fix for this might be a good idea.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2