Rare Mobs and Drops

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
NickyScissors

Rare Mobs and Drops

Post by NickyScissors »

Hi Everyone, 1st post!

I download the game a few days ago and have really enjoyed it! I'm really looking forward to future content and figured I would chime in my two cents...

One of my favorite things to do in RPGs is hunt for rare mobs or fight mobs with a small (can be very small) chance of getting a rare drop. I know this isn't a new concept to this forum but after looking at the General Game Discussion section, it looks like of of people spends a fair amount of time grinding for the "Ring of Lesser Shadow". The reward for FINALLY getting the drop to happen (or mob to spawn) is well... quite rewarding! For those of you who have ever played EverQuest and specifically have done the original Monk epic quest, you know what I am talking about when it comes to camping rare mobs and items. :lol:

Another thing about this concept is it seems "fairly" simple to introduce in the game with out needing a ton of new code. The the loot tables are already in place (as seen with the "Ring of Lesser Shadow") and I imagine it wouldn't be too painful to make this available for mob spawn rates. I could be completely wrong here but just my observation.

Thanks and hope you all enjoy the game as much as I have!
Nick
ArcAngL

Re: Rare Mobs and Drops

Post by ArcAngL »

Sigh... the ring of the ancients... man I miss everquest.
Level: 34
Experience: 689808
AP Cost: 3
Atk Chance: 146%
Atk Damage: 20-21
Crit Chance: 25%
Crit Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 51%

Updated: 4/15/11
Droid X 2.3.3 Gingerbread (Leaked "official" non-rooted manual install )
NickyScissors

Post by NickyScissors »

ArcAngL wrote:Sigh... the ring of the ancients... man I miss everquest.
Stupid Ancient Cyclops... I camped him for hours upon hours and he never spawned for me. Thankfully some friends helped me MQ this quest to get the JBoots.

If you never tried the Monk epic questions, check out some posts on Raster from Lower Guk. Some of the Monk camp stories are insane... Hundreds of hours camping him and he never spawned. I have quite a story to tell about it but I'll save that for another time/post.

I miss EQ too. If there was a retro server for Velious and earlier content, I might consider joining again.
demon

Post by demon »

Ahhhh what a game that was, right clickable epic staff and speed boots. Man i miss everquest