v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Actor conditions

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Giulio

Re: Actor conditions

Post by Giulio »

I vote for changing the old monster. And I suggest to implement a different monster icon for those monster with poison. All the snake in the cave has the same icon, but could be different (example with red background) on those with poison.

Also I agree with idea of some antipoison potion and equipment
Lvl: 9, XP: 11592, Gold: 517, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 37, AC: 106%, AD: 6-10, AP: 5, CC: 0%, CM: 4, BC: 23%, DR: 2

Post by EvilLucky »

I'm gonna have to agree with the others, I say change the existing monsters. If the monster icon needs to change, then can the same icon be used, just in a different color? Just thinking in the way of keeping it simple.
Level: 29 Running Android 2.2
HP: 45
Unequipped Stats
AP Cost: 3
Atk Chance: 80%
Atk Damage: 7
Block Chance: 42%
Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

I also think the best option is to change the monsters. If you have poison in the game it wouldn't make sense that snakes were not poisonous, and even less so if they are called "poisonous snakes". A certain existing weapon should be made poisonous too, as well as the guy who holds it.

If this makes it harder to level at the beginning, this could be balanced by making other areas more worthwhile (for example the wilderness areas near Crossglen/Fallhaven?) I have noticed that the value of the snake cave for grinding is disproportionate anyway, I'm quite new to the game (I'm just level 9 at the moment) but from what I have seen if one wants experience, gold and loot there is no much reason to go elsewhere since snakes are easy and drop interesting stuff. So it wouldn't be a bad thing to encourage players to hang out in other areas rather than repeatedly grinding that cave.
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Thanks for all your input. The old monsters will be updated to include poisonous effects. And yes, there will be antidote potions :)
Good point lady black about lowering the chance of an attack actually causing poison. I'm thinking something like 10% or 5%. I will also reduce the other stats of such monsters slightly.

Ofcourse, old items will also be updated. A certain dagger will get a poison effect on successful hit. :)
/Oskar
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

oskarwiksten wrote:Thanks for all your input. The old monsters will be updated to include poisonous effects. And yes, there will be antidote potions :)
Good point lady black about lowering the chance of an attack actually causing poison. I'm thinking something like 10% or 5%. I will also reduce the other stats of such monsters slightly.

Ofcourse, old items will also be updated. A certain dagger will get a poison effect on successful hit. :)

Another reason to regret selling off that dagger, before really understanding the game... :(
Any possibility for future updates to allow us to re-fight a boss if our inventory shows their drop item isn't there?
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

Mino wrote:Another reason to regret selling off that dagger, before really understanding the game... :(
Any possibility for future updates to allow us to re-fight a boss if our inventory shows their drop item isn't there?
I don't think re-fighting is such a good idea. Then you can fight the boss indefinitely just by selling the item again and again.

Instead i suggest you do as I did, start a new game. Catching up won't take that long as leveling is quick in the start.
Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Johan wrote: I don't think re-fighting is such a good idea. Then you can fight the boss indefinitely just by selling the item again and again.

Instead i suggest you do as I did, start a new game. Catching up won't take that long as leveling is quick in the start.
Two possible solutions that are common in RPG's:

- Unique items cannot be sold.
- Unique items can be sold but then stay at the shop and can be rebought later on.

I agree that having a player lose an unique item forever due to selling it is too harsh a punishment (especially since it isn't obvious that that item is unique).
Johan
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Post by Johan »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote:- Unique items cannot be sold.
As with quest items today.
Al-Khwarizmi wrote:- Unique items can be sold but then stay at the shop and can be re-bought later on.
Then shops should also have persistent amounts of the other items and preferable also gold(1). Shops could furthermore be limited to trading certain item groups and have different prices, creating a richer game where you have to travel to make the best profit, or even to trade at all.

(1) To prevent shops from running out of stock, some fictive npc-trading is necessary.

Perhaps this is a too large change with too little gain?