Combat UI change proposal with mockup

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Re: Combat UI change proposal with mockup

Post by twirlimp »

Zukero wrote:Well, I believe that mission would be well served by having the top icons from the mockup be onscreen all the time (or displayed depending on a user-changeable preference).
That could work, but I think that the flee/shield /potion/AP might be a bit irrelevant outside combat, and it would make more sense to just shrink the HP bar and put a crosshair next to it.

That's just my humble opinion anyway, and I need to check if the 2.8" screen has enough free space to cut out from the Hp bar like the 4.8".
ideas plox
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Zukero wrote: In terms of combat system, it would allow the following new features:
- Usable shield ! I was thinking that using the shield could put the player in "defensive stance", granting BC and/or DR bonus for one round, while costing "attack cost" AP.
- Combat consumables. Equip Poison vials or Acid bombs in your off-hand, and unleash them on your enemies in battle for the cost of "item use cost" AP. Could even have area of damage (poisons all enemies surrounding you for example).

Does this sound like fun to you ?
Do you like the proposed UI ?

I've got to say, this is an excellent idea. Love the UI. With what is currently being constructed concerning ranged weapons, I think will be great but perhaps difficult to combine...
Raner wrote: 3.a) This is the way to go if there are serious plans to implement (i) strike types, e.g., wild blow, careful strike, etc., or (ii) any of the 'combat skills' that have been proposed, e.g., changing Concussion from a fixed percent on every strike to a focused attack with much higher probability and differing AP usage.
Yes, I hope so. Currently, I'm only available for the cheer team and bouncing ideas off of. ;) :)
Voom
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote: I've got to say, this is an excellent idea. Love the UI. With what is currently being constructed concerning ranged weapons, I think will be great but perhaps difficult to combine...
It will not be difficult to combine at all :P

Ranged weapons would only add a single button to the UI ("Safe Aim"), and that's only outside combat for aiming.

The other button (to enable/disable automatic aiming) should be toggleable in the game settings.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

twirlimp wrote:
Voom wrote: I've got to say, this is an excellent idea. Love the UI. With what is currently being constructed concerning ranged weapons, I think will be great but perhaps difficult to combine...

Ranged weapons would only add a single button to the UI ("Safe Aim"), and that's only outside combat for aiming.

The other button (to enable/disable automatic aiming) should be toggleable in the game settings.
Then I have to agree, considering you are the main proprietor of the development of ranged combat mechanics. :)
Voom
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:
twirlimp wrote:

Then I have to agree, considering you are the main proprietor of the development of ranged combat mechanics. :)
Only agree if you want to. :P
Seriously I'm not yet sure where to place the aim button.

I'm considering putting it beside the player icon on the bottom left,
but I'm not sure there will be enough space for HP bar left.

Edit: It could be inside the chest mini-menu (bottom right) but then it would be too annoying to use repeatedly.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

twirlimp wrote: Only agree if you want to. :P
Seriously I'm not yet sure where to place the aim button.

I'm considering putting it beside the player icon on the bottom left,
but I'm not sure there will be enough space for HP bar left.

Edit: It could be inside the chest mini-menu (bottom right) but then it would be too annoying to use repeatedly.
I personally don't mind it being right above the chest. The thing is, setting options are useful for this sort of thing, allowing personalization of convenience (already implemented for an opened chest mini-menu). There is a way to take a poll in this forum to get an idea of where everyone would like the default aim button to go.
Voom
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

Have you already considered tapping the hero (himself, not the hero button) to enter aiming mode?
I think, this has no function yet (though I cannot say, if I ever tried it).
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Mayweed wrote:Have you already considered tapping the hero (himself, not the hero button) to enter aiming mode?
I think, this has no function yet (though I cannot say, if I ever tried it).
You're right, I think this has no current function yet.

Yet do you think that people might accidentally click on the hero to enter aim mode?
It'll probably annoy them because they can't move and have to click again in order to remove it.

But you're right, I think this is less bothersome than having to press a "Safe Aim" button over and over again.
What's a more accessible button than the hero in the middle of the screen?

I think I might poll this question on my topic thread but I don't think anybody would object.
(And your opinion is very welcome for the newest features in the latest post )
ideas plox