v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Rumours, leads, and pointers.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Rumours, leads, and pointers.

Post by Mourngrim »

I don't think there is any way to generate random conversation threads, so they will probably need to be added to various NPCs as conversation options, perhaps with random pre-requisites for fun, and when all other conversations have been exhausted. This is also a way for random players to add a little bit of content without having to go down the whole write a quest route :)

"Have you heard of any powerful magic?"

"It's said there's a sword that will steal a man's soul, and feed it to you to make you stronger. Way I heard it, a young man from Vilegard went off to climb up a mountain, and when he came down, he looked a hunner years old! Never spoke a word when he staggered back in to town, and his eyes were blank, staring at the Shadow they say. He died the very next day. Stay away from magic says I".

"In the far East, there's a smith with a magic helmet. My wife's sister's cousin says he made a suit of armour for some lord or something, who was so happy with it, but so jealous, he cut out the poor blokes eyes so he wouldn't make anything for anyone else. I dunno how it happened, but the smith then made himself a helmet by touch alone, and the blood from his empty eyes got into the metal. When it had cooled, he put it on, and he could see, better than ever before. Some say he fled, others that he killed the Lord, but everyone reckons if you put on that helmet you can see in the dark and all sorts!"

"Hmmmm, lemme think. There was a priest of the Shadow a long time ago, went mad and decided to clean up the land single handed. One day he just left his church and wandered into the woods with nothing but his robes and his bare hands. He was seen from time to time fighting with amazing speed and skill, and that he killed a wolf with one punch to the head. And if he ever got hurt he would just sit down and pray, and his wounds would just close up! He never wore armour, or used a weapon that anyone saw, but some say he had this ring, half black, half white for the Light and the Shadow that kept him alive. Ha! Great story for children if you ask me".

"Oh aye, there's a suit of armour that will stop every blow, and a sword that can cut through solid stone. Trouble is it's at the very top of a volcano, and guarded by Unicorns. Get out of here kid".

Rumours

"Anything interesting happening?"

"I heard that Lord Geomyr wants to outlaw magic. All objects are to be handed over to be destroyed".

"The priests of the Shadow are raising an army to fight Feygard".
Anyone else?

M
Last edited by Mourngrim on Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Re: Rumours, leads, and pointers.

Post by Tomas 3 »

i love the rumours,in many RPG there lots rumours ,in AT we can make lot about Nor City or Feygard
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
Mourngrim
android_version: 4.0

Post by Mourngrim »

Thanks Tomas. Feel free to add your own rumour ideas.

One option is for posession of one item to act as a trigger. Perhaps the first rumour is unlocked the first time you get a Rare or Ext drop, or possess a certain item, then each time you get the item mentioned, you unlock the next rumour.

I'd rather new players were led to items this way, rather than getting the exact details from the forums.

M
Lvl: 49, XP: 2184338, Gold: 15918, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 86, AC: 256%, AD: 30-35, AP: 3, ECC: 0%, CM: -, BC: 108%, DR: 1
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

It's great idea. Please note, that in AT world we have legendary items without legends ... Only Xul'viir has his own story. I think, that rumors and some stories will sure make the game better.
Tomas 3
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Tomas 3 »

i'm going to say ideas for have some rumors.
Some rumors in RPG are given from books(there lot bookshelf in AT),some paper in the ground(there some in AT) or characters(for legendary weapon from some adventurers friends for example the guy in remgard who say to keep the oegyth crystal)
En train de traduire AT en français 60% fait

Lvl:70 HP:169 AC:283% BC: 134% AD:31-43
Gold:150k XP:6169352 AP MAX : 12
AP:4 CM:2.0 ECC:27% RD:6
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Mourngrim, I like the idea of adding rumors to the game but for now we should add rumors which inform you about existing locations/ circumstances.
What about telling the player about the collapsed mine leading to Prim and the argument going on there?
Or the player could be informed about the lich haunting the cave near Loneford? Etc.

I may include such rumors (Feel free to suggest more ;) ) in the game. But I have definitely planned that the player learns something about the legendary and extraordinary drops throughout the world. This is really needed...
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I have the base idea and some writing for a low level quest giving a clue to some leg or ext item.... too bad it is still too low on my todo list ;)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2