v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

A few ideas..

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.

Would you like to see different types of attacks implimented?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 7

n1cky0
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

A few ideas..

Post by n1cky0 »

I'd like to see a new interface with;

1). Either a D-pad or joystick like toggle stick to move character.

2). Upto 3 buttons for different types of normal attacks such as stab, slash, crush.
Stab atk = 3AP high accuracy, low damage, -10% of weapon's original crit bonus
Slash atk = 4AP medium accuracy, medium damage, +10% of weapon's original crit bonus
Crush atk = 5AP low accuracy, high damage, +20% of weapon's original crit bonus

This would also work for similar range/mage attacks if they are every introduced.

3). Maybe an epic special attack from a weapon/armour/skill that uses between 10-14AP. With some kind of limit or cooldown period so you can't use too often.
Or 3 different specs for each style of attack. Quick stab combo (8 low hits), Double Slash hit (2 high crit hits), Crushing blow (1 high damage hit with splash damage to surrounding enemies)

If range and or mage's are introduced, There would need to be a range value. I would suggest all mellee attacks are 1 tile range, apart from big a$$ axe's/swords/Halberds could have 2 tiles range. Mager's 3 or 4 tiles. Ranger's 4 or 5 tiles.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: A few ideas..

Post by Zukero »

For 1) there's a D-Pad already. Check in the Preferences from the main menu.

For 2) and 3), there have been discussions already, and while different battle options will surely come to life someday, ranged and magical ones are definitely not on the roadmap so far.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Thrimian

Post by Thrimian »

And I'd like to add that this game is not runescape. Albeit the idea is great the problem lies with the weapons. Not all weapons are useful in those types of attacks. Say for instance a dagger. Daggers are piercing weapons and have capabilities to be slashing weapons but using one for a blunt attack is obsurd. Daggers do not have the weight to be used as a blunt weapon effectively.
Thrimian LV:32
HP:56 AP:10/5
AC:201% AD:23-29
ECC:22% CM:2.0
BC:102% DR:5
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

While these ideas (2 and 3) are a nice to have, I'm more interested with the devs expanding on the game itself. Once the maps are extended and the quests developed fully, then building on these specialty attacks can be tackled.

Thrimian, while I agree that, in most cases, while one would not use a dagger for bludgeoning, pommel strikes to the unprotected temple, nose, or jaw are a legitimate form of incapacitation. We teach this in our WMA classes. However for coding this would be a nightmare.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Thrimian

Post by Thrimian »

I understand those maneuvers urbain. It's something we get taught in the military. But due to the fantasy aspect of the game with creatures and beasts that are fiction, these types of attacks are rendered useless to the main character. there is not, atm, a lot of encounters with other humans in that nature.
Thrimian LV:32
HP:56 AP:10/5
AC:201% AD:23-29
ECC:22% CM:2.0
BC:102% DR:5
timsp1

Post by timsp1 »

Thore are pretty good ideas.
Regards John