v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

gold digger

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

gold digger

Post by tom1250tom »

Is it possible to have a cave where certain tiles of the floor could be attacked(with shovel equipped) to reveal gold? Very similar idea to the super Nintendo legend of zelda, where you dug up grass looking for the flute. But here you attack the ground and if you have a shovel equipped there could be chance of gold(side note maybe better shovels have higher gold%? ) of course there would be loads of monsters to "guard"  the gold/tiles from low lv players making it not so worth skipping the normal grind for gold we all have done at low lv's. 
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: gold digger

Post by Melarec »

Interesting concept..
Could work with graves as well to dig up loots and fight ghosts.. Graves would be once only, I should think, and "gold tiles" would be sparse, but respawn over time..
Very interesting..

EDIT: Oh, and maybe one time "buried treasures" on beaches and such. Some Extraordinary loot perhaps?
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

I think this sounds great! Especially with looting graves! I would not suggest "attacking" the tiles, but rather a dialogue window with (should you have a shovel equipped) the option to dig at the tile when you step on it.
Why not aggravate people a little (in true AT-spirit) and give graves a Legendary drop? With the same drop rate as usual Legendary items, of course. Make the search a little more interesting!

Still, a great concept and i second it :-)
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

I like your idea lunaticbpsf. A conditional dialog on graves, shown only when a shovel is equipped sounds fun.
As for legendaries in it, I already picture our hero digging through the planet without ever getting one :)
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Mayweed
VIP
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mayweed »

I like the grave-robbing idea, too. But since there'll be nobody going around, refilling the graves, they should not "respawn".
Once looted, they should remain looted. So legendaries would not make a lot of sense here, but I could imagine some
nice grave-only-items with a 1% dropping chance.

The shovel should be equipped as a 2-handed weapon (and have some poor weapon stats) to make this option work.
And when you answer "Yes, I'd like to robb this grave", there should be a chance of being attacked - by guards if you
are in a city, by ghosts, zombies or liches, when you are in the wild.

Could be a lot of fun.
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

Melarec wrote:Interesting concept..
Could work with graves as well to dig up loots and fight ghosts.. Graves would be once only, I should think, and "gold tiles" would be sparse, but respawn over time..
Very interesting..

EDIT: Oh, and maybe one time "buried treasures" on beaches and such. Some Extraordinary loot perhaps?

Mm
Lunaticbpsf
android_version: 3.0

Post by Lunaticbpsf »

Mayweed wrote:I like the grave-robbing idea, too. But since there'll be nobody going around, refilling the graves, they should not "respawn".
Once looted, they should remain looted. So legendaries would not make a lot of sense here, but I could imagine some
nice grave-only-items with a 1% dropping chance.

The shovel should be equipped as a 2-handed weapon (and have some poor weapon stats) to make this option work.
And when you answer "Yes, I'd like to robb this grave", there should be a chance of being attacked - by guards if you
are in a city, by ghosts, zombies or liches, when you are in the wild.

Could be a lot of fun.
Yes, I suppose that a legendary item would be troublesome as they wouldn't respawn - it would be cause for excessive save/load. But definitely 1% items! Then, however, I would not recommend making them only available through graves, as they would be very limited in access. I would greatly look forward to a grave digging quest!

A legendary item would perhaps be more suitable for other Digging Piles and such, should they be made to randomly respawn. At a beach or in a forest it would make sense for random Piles to occur, as you may not find things at the first go (you could very well be half an inch from detecting a very valuable item wherever you dig).

I agree that the shovel should be two-handed. Digging with one arm would prove highly ineffective no matter how strong you are.
I would also lile to see a pickaxe for mining, should digging be implemented :-)
Ethyr
Lvl 90, XP 13574803, Gold 271808, HP 337, AC 289%, AD 49-60, AP 4/12, ECC -, CM -, BC 151%, DR 4
On Hit 0-3 HP, On Kill 3 HP, Shadow Regen.

RoLS 2, ElyR 1, RoL 2, ChaR 1, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 1, VSH 1, WMC 1, GoW 3

CS 2, QL 10, IF 6, MF 2, DBotS 1, OSP 1, SP 1, LAP 1
Unused 2
Melarec

Post by Melarec »

Uaaaahh!
A pick! YES! Perhaps from a quest after you help Prim/Blackwater.. Then you could clear the cave-in in the mine on the way into that area..
And the miner guy who asks for milk.. Maybe you can get in there once you have a pick!
Sod the shovel.. Just kidding! Hope both get added/at least thought about!
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Post by tom1250tom »

Getting back to the original idea I think the shovel being a 2 handed weapon is on point. Maybe for how we get the shovel is someone tells us of a time him and his buddy lost the tresure in a cave somewhere. After talking to him for a bit he says if you find him his tresure he will share it with you (he has many things but give you an oegyth crystal thinking it's worthless). He gives you a shovel and you go find his tresure. You can't dig any Graves at this time. After finding the tresure and returning to the guy he takes the shovel back giving allowing you to keep the crystal in return. Once he has the shovel he tells you how you can dig up Graves and anytime you need a shovel he will rent his out to you. With this you can dig up Graves only once each renting period and when you return the shovel the Graves reset. That way the drop% doesn't need to be to high but still makes it difficult to gain legendary weapons.
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2