v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Crit Boon

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Nick
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Crit Boon

Post by Nick »

I was thinking how a crit build gets shut down pretty hard against crit immune enemies.

Skill- Piercing Crit: allows for slight crit damage to get though vs crit immune monsters. a small amount say 5% of a critical strike damage that could get through per skill point with a max number of skill points being set to 4.

Any thoughts?
Usirim
android_version: 8.0

Re: Crit Boon

Post by Usirim »

Yeah, it's hurts to see, what isn't possible if the monster oppose of you has immunity to crit.
That's the reason why I never build a crit hitter. :-/

I had some ideas about crit hits and crit immunity, but never calculated if those ideas are worth a big discussion.
Chance for crit (xx% for yes:crit or no,normal) is changed to a yy% of max(!) amount of crit damage. Means, your possible max damage is always modified between(!) 1 and your crit multiplier. Limited to max. 75% chance of max damage multiplied with max crit factor.
So the immunity to crit is a (limited to max. 75% chance) chance to reduce the amount of crit modified damage (the non crit damage is not reduced, only the +damage through crit modification).
That would mean: any crit damage build would work against monsters with imunity to crit damage, but on a lower chance base. To balance the game, every weapon got a low chance for crit damage and the crit reduction is applied only as a xx% chance for reduction instead of a permanent reduction of crit chance. And the lowest chance for crit is 5%, never lower.

Don't know if that is an alternative to disguss about?
Usirim (v2.2):
Lvl: 200
XP: 145.569.369
Gold: 5.8M
RoLS: 17
ElyR: 9
RoL: 6
ChaR: 9
GoLF: 2
ShaF: 7
SRoV: 15
VSH: 7
WMC: 12
GoW: 6

Base values
HP: 1000
AC: 280
AD: 90
max AP: 10 (12)
BC: 180%
DR: 0
(Jun 2017)
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Nick wrote:I was thinking how a crit build gets shut down pretty hard against crit immune enemies.

Skill- Piercing Crit: allows for slight crit damage to get though vs crit immune monsters. a small amount say 5% of a critical strike damage that could get through per skill point with a max number of skill points being set to 4.

Any thoughts?
"Piercing Criticals" sounds good, a bit more realistic.
Voom
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

I don't want this idea to die out because, like Usirim says, s/he never builds crit'ters. I don't want anything to discourage forming builds based on critical strikes! The following is what I believe to be a reasonable skill named "Piercing Criticals."

Piercing Criticals:
Skill Point (1) -> 10% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (2) -> 20% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (3) -> 30% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (4) -> 40% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (5) -> 50% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.

Example:
ECC = 30%, CM = 3.0, AD = 34-40
CD = ECC x (CM - 1) x AD = .30 x 2.0 x (34 + 40) / 2 = 22.2
Piercing Criticals (1): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 10% = (34 + 22.2 x .10) to (40 + 22.2 x .10)= 36 to 42 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (2): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 20% = (34 + 22.2 x .20) to (40 + 22.2 x .20)= 38 to 44 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (3): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 30% = (34 + 22.2 x .30) to (40 + 22.2 x .30)= 41 to 47 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (4): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 40% = (34 + 22.2 x .40) to (40 + 22.2 x .40)= 43 to 49 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (5): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 50% = (34 + 22.2 x .50) to (40 + 22.2 x .50)= 45 to 51 (rounded)

CD is used to measure total possible damage overtime (average). You don't critically strike every hit, but if you did it would be the amount of CD, which is attack damage multiplied by the critical chance (and multiplied by CM minus 1 to differentiate between AD and CD, e.i., CD is everything beyond AD). That's the rationale.

*** 10% of CD is the same as 10% of ECC when calculated.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP
android_version: 4.3

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:I don't want this idea to die out because, like Usirim says, s/he never builds crit'ters. I don't want anything to discourage forming builds based on critical strikes! The following is what I believe to be a reasonable skill named "Piercing Criticals."

Piercing Criticals:
Skill Point (1) -> 10% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (2) -> 20% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (3) -> 30% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (4) -> 40% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.
Skill Point (5) -> 50% of Effective Critical Chance (ECC) exists when fighting a creature that is immune to criticals.

Example:
ECC = 30%, CM = 3.0, AD = 34-40
CD = ECC x (CM - 1) x AD = .30 x 2.0 x (34 + 40) / 2 = 22.2
Piercing Criticals (1): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 10% = (34 + 22.2 x .10) to (40 + 22.2 x .10)= 36 to 42 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (2): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 20% = (34 + 22.2 x .20) to (40 + 22.2 x .20)= 38 to 44 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (3): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 30% = (34 + 22.2 x .30) to (40 + 22.2 x .30)= 41 to 47 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (4): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 40% = (34 + 22.2 x .40) to (40 + 22.2 x .40)= 43 to 49 (rounded)
Piercing Criticals (5): Total possible damage = AD + CD x 50% = (34 + 22.2 x .50) to (40 + 22.2 x .50)= 45 to 51 (rounded)

CD is used to measure total possible damage overtime (average). You don't critically strike every hit, but if you did it would be the amount of CD, which is attack damage multiplied by the critical chance (and multiplied by CM minus 1 to differentiate between AD and CD, e.i., CD is everything beyond AD). That's the rationale.

*** 10% of CD is the same as 10% of ECC when calculated.
Instead of CD = ECC x (CM - 1) x AD
I think it should be just CD = ECC x CM x AD
As the -1 seems a bit random to me.

Also this would make crits stronger so ECC might become 10, 15, 20, 25, etc..
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it.

If CM = 3, then when you strike a critical by your luck the max damage would be AD (just CM of 1) plus CD (everything beyond CM of 1 -> CM of 2). CD is supposed to be only that which is critical damage as opposed to the regular attack damage. Let me put it this way: CD = Total damage - AD.

If you think ECC should be more we can adjust it to 15, 30, 45, 60, 75% of ECC or higher. Forget about the CD, it was just to show average damage, but ECC adjustments is what matters.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:Thank you for the input, I really appreciate it.

If CM = 3, then when you strike a critical by your luck the max damage would be AD (just CM of 1) plus CD (everything beyond CM of 1 -> CM of 2). CD is supposed to be only that which is critical damage as opposed to the regular attack damage. Let me put it this way: CD = Total damage - AD.

If you think ECC should be more we can adjust it to 15, 30, 45, 60, 75% of ECC or higher. Forget about the CD, it was just to show average damage, but ECC adjustments is what matters.
Ah, I just saw what you mean.
The formula does make sense.

But I think that ECC perhaps has to be decreased to keep crit-immune monsters powerful.
It's probably just trial and error so we can decide ton the exact percentages later.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Check out all possibilities with the case example:

Here's the full excel file, play around with it, change the Case Scenario numbers -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lniepj1a8nbyl ... .xlsx?dl=0
CM3PC.JPG
CM2PC.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Voom
twirlimp
VIP

Post by twirlimp »

Voom wrote:Check out all possibilities with the case example:

Here's the full excel file, play around with it, change the Case Scenario numbers -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/lniepj1a8nbyl ... .xlsx?dl=0
CM3PC.JPG
CM2PC.JPG
I like the figures.
Since eventually ECC will be high enough to bypass immunity completely, we should really be careful with how much percentage we give someone per level.
ideas plox
Voom
VIP

Post by Voom »

Just looking at these numbers I think that 5, 10, 15, 20, 25% is viable. Also, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50% is viable, too.

Does anyone else have an opinion?
Voom