Legendary shield (oh what a pain it will be)

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Baulven
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Legendary shield (oh what a pain it will be)

Post by Baulven »

First I must preface this with the following: I plan to build a large cave network system infested with monsters and dragons that will (hopefully) be added near Nor once it is complete. The idea is as follows

Bastion of Light
This shield is a holy relic passed down through the centuries by the religion of light. The wielder is extremely difficult to kill, and able to take more damage than a normal person.
Stats: -10AC, -2AD, +25BC, +2DR, +10HP
Method of acquiring: In order to get this item you need to kill a legendary creature, the Great Wyrm of Darkness. I won't post stats at the moment but expect it to be sufficiently ridiculous that people might really wish grinding was an alternative.

For those following Nor city the dragon also has a quest available. This is for the Tower of Darkness, the Nor city equal to the above shield (i.e. same stats). It is a massive, difficult, time consuming quest that involves wiping out the guard units in a lot of the towns and facing guard groups as the player. If the player attempts to rest before the mission is complete it resets and everything must be done again (like I said this is supposed to be difficult). The final battle will be against the Captain of the Feyguard and two lieutenants, which will be slightly less strong combined than the legendary dragon. They will still be an extremely difficult encounter to overcome.

Alternatively it could simply be two grind mobs in the area for these legendary items and the Great Wyrm could be used for alternative quests for Nor declared individuals. Most likely elder dragons of some flavor and dragon knights.

Thoughts on the shield and acquisition method?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Legendary shield (oh what a pain it will be)

Post by Zukero »

There are some interesting ideas, albeit some aren't feasible with the current code (reset quest when dead or rested, although I've been looking into it recently).
The shield both too overpowered and not unique enough IMHO and the two shields should be different.

Moreover, I'd like to keep the current acquisition method for legendaries, but uniques are another story.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Baulven

Post by Baulven »

Like I said it could be out on grinding jobs instead. The dragons numbers were going to be 580 A.C. 330 BC 18000hp etc etc. I can diferentiate the shields and scale then back a bit but I was thinking of it more like "this shield is a major problem, but you probably won't be replacing it" mentality.
Baulven

Post by Baulven »

Would -10ac,-2ad, 20bc, 1dr, 5hp be more in line? Also the tower of Darkness revised stats are 7ac, -2ad, 16bc, 1dr. I am considering special powers as well which would tweak the numbers again but I can't think of any good ones right this second.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

For the unique trait, I was thinking about some variation on the evasion skill : unable to flee, but monsters can't engage battle.
I'd also add a AP penalty, like +2 to attack cost.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
thebeast
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by thebeast »

I like the idea of having legendaries or unique items a bit OP. It would definently help with the ideas being brought to attention about more shop items being as good or some better then existing legendaries. Cause isn't the point of legendaries to make them better then what you can buy?
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
Lvl 45 HP: 111 AP: 12/3 AC: 333% AD: 34-51 BC: 96% DR: 6
skills: BS +2 CS +2 IF +2 REGEN +1 FS:DW +2 S:DW +1 OH SO +2 LAP+1 HAP +1
ROLS: 1
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

I agree that legendary weapons have to be at least a little OP. Each tier of weapons should be in a class of its own and should be harder to get than lower tiers. I don't like the reasoning that we have to have two extremes to balance an equipment's stats. For instance, having 40% AC does not always have to be balanced by -15% BC and more AP. The only balance should be the difficulty of finding it.
Voom