v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Enchanting

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Baulven
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop

Enchanting

Post by Baulven »

Is there any chance that an enchanter can be worked into the current system? I don't know if this has been asked, and I am willing to do the leg work for it if approved. It will mainly be for ridiculous sums but you can improve stats on items with it (100k for 1ac, 500k for 1ad, 175k for 1bc, etc) and there would be a use for money in late game when people have millions.
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Enchanting

Post by Melarec »

There's already a guy who improves items, but it's only certain items, and they aren't that great.
High prices like that would only make sense (to me) if they were permanent.. Perhaps something that lasts for a set period of time? Like the power drains out of it? It would open up a lot of possibilities..
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Currently, items are defined in static drop lists. So it's possible to "change" an item, but only by having the new version already defined in a drop list, and removing the old version from the players inventory when they acquire the new one. So arbitrary changes to any item are not feasible without some (major) changes to how items work.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Melarec
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Melarec »

Not sure how the AT code works, but if it was JS, I would make each weapon an array..
Like:

Code: Select all

["name", AC%, Min Dmg, Max Dmg, Crit, Crit Mult, BC%, Category, Condition 1, Condition 1, Condition 3]
["Iron sword", 5, 10, 1, 3, 0, 0, 0, "Longsword", 0, 0, 0]
Then call from the array when the weapon is used.. It would make improving a weapon as simple as calling the stat and adding the bonus to it.

Though, this probably isn't how AT's code works.