v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Adjustment to Quest "The Dark Protector"

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Kater Karlo
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Adjustment to Quest "The Dark Protector"

Post by Kater Karlo »

Hi there,
I just finished the three Ulirfendor-Questst.
(See my other post in the "General Game Discussion")

I like to make a sugestion that there are consequences for both decisions.
Some background first and please correct me if I got it wrong.
The helmet is connected to the deamon Kazaul. He had and has lots of underlings and one of the recent things he did
is causing the infection of the village Loneford wich includes several casulties. The helmet contains some residue of the deamon and
as long as it is not destroyed he has the power to do harm to this world.
So when I choose to either restore the power of the helmet or to destroy it once and for all there should be significant remifications.

Reanimate the helmet
There should be severe consequences. For one the helmet has powerful atributes. The wearer deals more damage and takes less. He will strike more successfully. And the little drain in health is not really a big deal. So in my opinion keeping the helmet should come at a cost.
1) First there should be only very little to none XP for the adventurer.
2) There should be more victims to the sickness in Loneford and I mean everytime the hero visits the town. The villagers shall say stuff like:
"Oh now Larry died" or "We lost two more people to the desease" or something like that. Maybe its possible to implement this like the respawn rule.
3) The prices in Loneford should double.
4) Every Mearchant everywhere(!) should ask first for 10 to 25 medium or big health potions before engage in trade and the prices should rise about 10 to 25% because they feel unwell suddenly.
(Maybe #4) is only if the hero has the Dark Protector in the inventory or wearing it)
Destroy the helmet
To let this mighty piece of equipment pass the hero should be highly rewarded.
1) 35.000 XP for destroying the helmet an 42.000 for declining the blessing.
2) Loneford should throw a party. Every dialog should start with some sort of relief or thankfullness or happyness.
That is a very important point to me. I can skip the party but the dialogs have to be changed!
3) The prices in Loneford shoud drop about 10 to 20% and there should be more and better items available. Maybe even a very, very expensive last-of-its-kind piece out of heartsteel.
(#2 ist most important. Even if you disregard all other suggestion for consequences for keeping or destroying the helmet but #2 is a must)
What do you think? Is it over the top? Are some things called for? What is feasable?
Thank you
Kater Karlo
=^oo^=

L: 45, Exp:~1.699K, LP: 84, AP: 3/12, AC: 294, Dmg: 16-28, Crit: 37->22/2.0, BC: 123/2;
QL: 1, IF: 1, Reg: 1, CS: 2, MF: 2, FS:DW: 2, Spec: DW, prof: 1HS & LA
Armor: HIS, S'sH, Tm'sG, V'sBOA, Weapons: F'sP, BSS, Bling: PRoB, RolS, JoF
Firefly84
android_version: 8.0

Re: Adjustment to Quest "The Dark Protector"

Post by Firefly84 »

First of all:
The lich isn't the cause of the decease.
When you reach Lodar, you will learn more.

This quest is the only one earning a free skill.
Firefly
Lvl: 114, PV: 497, FQ: 63
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 2, HoF: 0, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 4, SRoV: 6, VSH: 3, WMC: 1, GoW: 1, BD: 1
DP: 0, X: 0, M: 1, BoGt: 1, SotA: 0, RofLS: 1
HP: 505, AC: 262, AD: 89-105, AP: 4 each, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 156, DR: 4
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Adjustment to Quest "The Dark Protector"

Post by rijackson741 »

There is no significant connection between the helmet, or the lich, and the disease in Loneford.

Some of what you propose would be feasible (although since there's no connection between the helmet and the disease, not desirable), but some not. There are rather limited ways to make NPCs respond to events.

There will indeed be consequences to keeping or destroying the helmet. There are, or will be, consequences to many decisions you make ;)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1