v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

New equipment

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
thebeast
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

New equipment

Post by thebeast »

I think it would be nice to see some more diversity in equipment. Some items like weapons for instance have so many choices to pick from and others are pretty few or the choices are pretty bad in comparison. I think new legendary gears should also be made. The legendary gear should also be of a more significant quality because after all it is called legendary for a reason not slightly better gear. I understand not wanting to make gear that's op but at the same time it needs to be well worth the time invested in grinding for it. Another thing I would like to see is some sort of colosseum. One where you can enter and fight set numbers and difficulty of enemies. Also it should include an endless type or something of the sort where the enemies constantly spawn in and are aggressive so you couldn't just stand and regenerate. Another thing that would be interesting would be to see gems used in some sort of way other then just to sell or hang onto such as combining with gear to create a one time upgrade based on the quality of gem you use. It would be nice to see more beginning quest made as well. I've made many characters and there's not enough quests to start the game off.
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
Lvl 45 HP: 111 AP: 12/3 AC: 333% AD: 34-51 BC: 96% DR: 6
skills: BS +2 CS +2 IF +2 REGEN +1 FS:DW +2 S:DW +1 OH SO +2 LAP+1 HAP +1
ROLS: 1
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: New equipment

Post by rijackson741 »

thebeast wrote: I think it would be nice to see some more diversity in equipment. Some items like weapons for instance have so many choices to pick from and others are pretty few or the choices are pretty bad in comparison.
Agreed. This is something we need to work on. Some classes of items (e.g. necklaces) should be harder to get than others, but there are too few shields, helms/hats, etc.
thebeast wrote:I think new legendary gears should also be made. The legendary gear should also be of a more significant quality because after all it is called legendary for a reason not slightly better gear. I understand not wanting to make gear that's op but at the same time it needs to be well worth the time invested in grinding for it.
Extraordinary and legendary items are unusual, but they may be unusually bad ;) Some are worth having, others are mainly curiosities. There will be more of them, but that principle will not change.
thebeast wrote:Another thing I would like to see is some sort of colosseum. One where you can enter and fight set numbers and difficulty of enemies. Also it should include an endless type or something of the sort where the enemies constantly spawn in and are aggressive so you couldn't just stand and regenerate.
Sorry, but I don't think that really fits with the style of AT. AT is a story based RPG, not a gladiator contest.
thebeast wrote:Another thing that would be interesting would be to see gems used in some sort of way other then just to sell or hang onto such as combining with gear to create a one time upgrade based on the quality of gem you use.
I agree that we need to find a better use for gems, but I'm not sure the well worn use of combining them with other items is the answer. So I'll throw this out as a question to anyone reading this: "what should we do to make them more useful?"
thebeast wrote:It would be nice to see more beginning quest made as well. I've made many characters and there's not enough quests to start the game off.
Agreed. Mostly, anyway. I think the very early levels are OK, as are the later levels. It's more the intermediate levels that are a problem. We are working on adding more intermediate level quests in the next release to address this.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

I understand that some extraordinary items could be bad as well but I don't agree that legendaries should be nor should they be just a minor improvement over a relatively cheap purchased item. For instance the rols is barely better then a ring you can purchase at lvl 1 if you sneak around to the duliean road. And I know if I don't wanna spend the time grinding for it don't but I enjoy the challenge of the grind I just anticipate a more just reward. Also i realise the rols has shadow regen as a unique quality but it doesnt stack.The gems I'm not entirely sure what to do other then weapon upgrades or possibly even trading a very high quantity for a great piece of gear or to use as a currency to be allowed into a particular area in the game such as possibly the glowing door south of fallhaven or the cave for heartsteel maybe.
Old veteran player from 2011. On my 13 character now lol. Hopefully this one lasts a bit longer :shock:
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

The extraordinary and legendary items were introduced for those that wanted to have something to do between releases. That was to collect them. They are not needed, and will never be needed, to complete the game. View them as collectables, not the best gear in the game. Some are great though:

The RoLS is, by far, the best ring in the game. It has the highest AC and the highest AD of any ring. It also has 5 BC, 6 CC, and shadow regeneration.

RoL gives you 0-3 HP on hit and 3 HP on kill. You cannot buy anything even close to that.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

Don't get me wrong I agree those are the best in the game and I'll always grind to get them because it's something to do but maybe it's just me that thinks that way.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

thebeast wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:53 pm Don't get me wrong I agree those are the best in the game and I'll always grind to get them because it's something to do but maybe it's just me that thinks that way.
no, you're not the only one! :twisted:
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
thebeast

Post by thebeast »

Glad to know I'm not the only one that thinks that way and on the subject of the rols I'm currently after 1/2 of them and gonna stay there til I get them