v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Set idea: Sentinel's Strength

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyborn
android_version: 7.0

Set idea: Sentinel's Strength

Post by Wyborn »

Now that I've finally realized the importance of defense in the game, I realized there's some enemies that even defense can't help against really when they're blasting out 40+ crits commonly, along with not being able to be hit with a crit in return. Figured I'd proposition a set that helps combat that, but at the cost of adding on a new actor condition if possible. Since my idea of a sentinel is a big, burly, armored menace that will stand in your face and fight for days, it's going to have its drawbacks to your gain.

Sentinels Casque: +15%(ish) BC, -5%(+) A.C., +1 or 2 DR
Sentinels Chest plate: +20% BC, -10% A.C., attacks cost 1 or 2 more AP, move cost more so too, +3 DR
Sentinels Shin guards: +8% bc, -2% a.c., increased move cost, +1dr
Sentinels band: +7% AC, +15 Bc, - damage (almost like feeble weapon actor)

Full set gives benefits of: Take half critical hit damage, but at the cost of completely losing your ability to flee (that's the new actor I was speaking of, thinking of it as something like Stand and Deliver).

Now I know the numbers can totally be adjusted, which is where I need the help of y'all balancing it so it doesn't just look like some supreme set that makes you invincible. Thinking instead of a drop set, this could be done in the future when Nor is introduced, and it's a quest reward in the conflict between them and Feygard. This would be the set you receive for siding with Feygard as I see them being decked out in armor, and I am currently thinking up something for a thieves set coming from Nor (I like the idea of the sets giving bonuses that was suggested before, like from Nor you get a set with a built in light boost to magic finder and treasure hunter since it stays in the vein of greedy, rouge types). If anyone even remotely liked the idea, feel free to give any criticism or suggestions, and without knowledge to players, may need a dev to look and see if this is doable to write up a quest line for it.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and participate, and best of luck grinding till the update y'all.
Tomcat
VIP

Re: Set idea: Sentinel's Strength

Post by Tomcat »

I like the idea of this, especially associating it with Feygard. The "No Flee" condition might be hard to code, so maybe increasing move points to over 10 (or even over 12 to outweigh CS skill) might be the easiest approach. Though this would let speed potions help you get away, unless you set move cost to something ridiculously high.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Wyborn

Re: Set idea: Sentinel's Strength

Post by Wyborn »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:04 pm I like the idea of this, especially associating it with Feygard. The "No Flee" condition might be hard to code, so maybe increasing move points to over 10 (or even over 12 to outweigh CS skill) might be the easiest approach. Though this would let speed potions help you get away, unless you set move cost to something ridiculously high.
That actually makes a lot more sense than trying to add a specific detail for only one item set, so yea jumping move to 20 so even speed pots wouldn't help definitely would make it easier to create. Was even thinking of a weapon to include, probably two handed, that would allow 1/2 damage crits on things that were originally immune to them, but I'm not sure if it would go on this or the Nor set I'm thinking of since I think of thieves being more about the crit strike. I know I fought like crazy to get through green maze with my rogue character since I wasn't able to hit very much on a lot of enemies