v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Spears/Halberds

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyborn
android_version: 7.0

Spears/Halberds

Post by Wyborn »

Now I know ranged combat is frowned upon like bows and magic, but what about a weapon set that has a positive negative effect? Such as long reaching melee weapons being added where you can engage an enemy with an empty space between you where you hit at full damage, but if they get close you only deal half damage. I know this would create a problem with a lot of bosses though, so there'd have to be a fix on them where you can only attack in the usual fashion of toe to toe making these items pretty much useless against them. I think it'd make for a fun strategic effect, but they'd just have to be high ap to swing so you can't remain constantly safe moving a space to swing at full damage. There would also be the condition where you can't pull the old runescape trick of swinging over an obstruction to be unreachable (rocks, plants, fences, etc.)
lucifer
android_version: 4.2

Re: Spears/Halberds

Post by lucifer »

This maybe a good idea, but again, its been too late for updates like this. It can change many aspects.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Re: Spears/Halberds

Post by Zukero »

No change is too big to be too late. Well, we won't make it a FPS obviously, but whatever is beneficial to the game can be considered.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2