v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Just a quick idea

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Just a quick idea

Post by The Gray »

thats a cool idea
:D
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

On the second page of this thread, there is a really good suggestion for the changes in quest "of mice and man".

Is it possible to vanish the rats now?
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

It's on my to-do list to look at this, but not before the release of 0.7.2
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
T-rex2298
android_version: 8.0
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

A few idea's.

1. The reward of a very few quests are skill points.

2. Perhaps in Nor or Feygaurd City there is a market place where you can purchase a stall (for like 50,000+ gold) after you complete a quest. At your stall you can trade with residents and get better or worse prices depending on the person you barter with. You can also get rare items from the customers. ;)

3. Have a more diverse array of quests.
Things like:
The lost girl following you. (That was fun and sort of challenging)
Having to run and 'jump' to get the Key of the Glade.
The Kazul Rotworms. (It puts pressure on you to complete the quest as quick as possible)
Stoutford Castle. (Having to clear it out)

4. Perhaps coming in contact with your brother. (Not seeing him, just hearing a voice maybe)
Example:

: You hear a voice through a crack in the wall.

(Andor), Is that my sibling?

: You're about to reply when Andor cuts you off.

(Andor), What are you doing here! Leave at once, it isn't safe for a little kid like you!

: You hear a shuffling on the other side of the wall and then receding footsteps.

(You), Wait! Noo....
---------------------------------------------
Just an idea, because seriously, the game is about finding your brother. And during the game you probably will forget that you are looking for your long lost brother. (Just saying!!)

5. Be able to explore around areas like Blackwater mountain, Lake I forgot the name, etc. (Just saying this because I'm the person who likes to have a complete map - it gives me a feeling of sweet satisfaction :mrgreen: .)
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

T-rex2298 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am 1. The reward of a very few quests are skill points.
That's because skill points should be hard to get.
T-rex2298 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am 2. Perhaps in Nor or Feygaurd City there is a market place where you can purchase a stall (for like 50,000+ gold) after you complete a quest. At your stall you can trade with residents and get better or worse prices depending on the person you barter with. You can also get rare items from the customers. ;)
That's an interesting idea, but difficult to implement with the existing game engine, because items have a fixed cost. Each customer could have a different item, but to the player they look the same (other than price that is). But I don't see how to have different prices for your items.
T-rex2298 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am 3. Have a more diverse array of quests.
Sure. The tricky bit is coming up with them (especially given that what is possible is constrained by the game engine) ;)
T-rex2298 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am 4. Perhaps coming in contact with your brother. (Not seeing him, just hearing a voice maybe)
It would need to be in the right context, but why not.
T-rex2298 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:41 am 5. Be able to explore around areas like Blackwater mountain, Lake I forgot the name, etc. (Just saying this because I'm the person who likes to have a complete map - it gives me a feeling of sweet satisfaction :mrgreen: .)
Ultimately, we would all like a complete map. It's a question of work and time.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
T-rex2298
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!

Post by T-rex2298 »

With the markets, perhaps have customers act similar to Rorthron in Guynmart Castle where you have to be in tapping distance to trade with him. This makes it longer harder to trade. This is a simple solution to easily getting better prices. About 50% of customers will give you a lower price, 35% give same price, 14% offer slightly better prices, and 1% give you a lot of money or a rare item.

And a few more ideas. :lol: :lol:

1. Road to Guynmart Castle should be clear of monsters I think. Any wide road in the pre-update didn't have monsters, but thin ones have monsters wandering over them. Monsters on the side of the road are fine though.
Wide roads - no monsters.
Thin roads - lots and lots of monsters! :twisted:

2. Have an online save. This way you can swap phones (and the like) without having to restart your progress.
( I know it saves on the SD card, but I'm not sure that if you change phone and insert the same SD card it will have the same progress.)

4. Character skin changes with the thing you equip. This would be a cool little addition, but people might choose looks instead of stats. ( Not that I'm complaining!!)

5. Be able to start new games without erasing your previous game.

6. Have an apocalyptic event. Like the Roses quest where you go to bed when a big battle is about to happen at Guynmart Castle and when you wake up the castle has changed. But in this instance zombies, the most cliche idea, overrun the whole map after you rest (for an example). But make it a quest to get there, preferably a long one like A Lost Potion.

2 and 3 I'm not to sure about because I haven't tested them. Mostly because I don't want to risk it or couldn't be bothered. :lol:

Just remember these all all just suggestions.... :D
Everything can be solved with a quick bite to the neck.
Operation Shadowslay.
Maturity: Completed! For the one ring has been found!
Melior Futuri.
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

For #1, it makes sense. Maybe it will be the case once the fog clears...

For #2, not only can you move your saves from device to device using a SD card, but you can also email your saves, or transfer them using your favorite software, or even synchronize your saves folder with your favorite cloud storage service. We won't tie Andor's Trail to any third party service, especially closed-source ones like Google's

For #3, there's no #3 in your post.

For #4, this is very hard, as we have no dedicated pixel artist.

For #5, you can create as many characters as you want! The message when starting a new game warns you about loosing UNSAVED progress, because it will discard the autosave behind the "Continue current game" button.

For #6, we have ideas about large-scale events that can change the face of the world. This is for much much later though.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Covenant
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by Covenant »

Easter eggs?

Could we have some undocumented, unannounced Easter eggs that are hard and rare to discover? Such a a random drop item with a low drop probability from a very small group of noc mobs. Or a hidden npc that you trade with for a unique item. Just something throw in the game that is so rare or hard to get that it could be years before someone finds it and puts up a post here.

Is there one already?

Also, this is my first post since Dec 2014. It's nice to see progress made. I was happy to play through Guynmat and Stoudford (which didn't exist in my last play through). Also a fan of some of the new items. Nice touch with the NPv traveller who can't find a shortcut to Remguard... We hear you: you're not going to make a shortcut.
Nut

Post by Nut »

I like things that are hard to find too. It is just difficult to have such things in an open source game.
Let alone the translations - every new dialogue is shown immediately to all translators.

There are some items here and there to find though - no great rings of course...
Nut
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Covenant wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:13 am Could we have some undocumented, unannounced Easter eggs that are hard and rare to discover? Such a a random drop item with a low drop probability from a very small group of noc mobs.
Well, that's the L&E items to me.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2