v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Player vs. Enemy: Some attacks only for the enemy?

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
BelaMagla
android_version: 7.0

Player vs. Enemy: Some attacks only for the enemy?

Post by BelaMagla »

Hi,

while having "fun" with unfair enemies and the random fight system, I wondered, if it possible that I can use the same attacks as the enemy. Why? To make the game more fair.

- Some enemies have the stackable blood loss feature. Although I hit every enemy with my sword and many enemies left a big pile of blood after dying, no enemies seems to suffer from blood loss while fighting.
- Snakes and some bees can poison me. This is feature is also stackable. I played other games, where I can also poison my enemies, by sticking my weapon into some kind of poison and then attack my enemy. We could use the poison, which we randomly find after killing bees, snakes... for such feature.
- Blood loss and poison are not affected by armour (that's ok). But they are also not affected by damage resistance. So an easy enemy can't harm me by normal attacks, but by poison or blood loss.
- Some enemies are immune against critical hits. Is there any item, such that I am also immune to critical hits?

BTW: How can I put my game statistics into my signature, without typing everting by hand?
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Player vs. Enemy: Some attacks only for the enemy?

Post by Schmmiiirc »

There are some weapons you can use which will inflict "conditions" on your foe, (check the directory link - top of page) personally I think they're fairly useless unless you're going to use hit and run tactics and stand and watch them bleed to death.

I'm far more merciful and just chop their heads off. :twisted:
See the puppies scatter.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Player vs. Enemy: Some attacks only for the enemy?

Post by rijackson741 »

BelaMagla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 pm while having "fun" with unfair enemies and the random fight system, I wondered, if it possible that I can use the same attacks as the enemy. Why? To make the game more fair.

- Some enemies have the stackable blood loss feature. Although I hit every enemy with my sword and many enemies left a big pile of blood after dying, no enemies seems to suffer from blood loss while fighting.
- Snakes and some bees can poison me. This is feature is also stackable. I played other games, where I can also poison my enemies, by sticking my weapon into some kind of poison and then attack my enemy. We could use the poison, which we randomly find after killing bees, snakes... for such feature.
What does "fair" mean? Yes, some enemies can do things to you that you cannot do to them, but that does not necessarily mean the fight is unfair. Typically, you can dish out a lot more damage than a monster can, which could also be considered to be "unfair".

There are a few weapons that do inflict Bleeding wounds (three of them, one of which is rather hard to get) or Weak poison (two of them). There are a fair number of weapons that inflict other nasty effects on monsters. Currently, such effects only come from select weapons. I have an inclination to change that though ;) .
BelaMagla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 pm - Blood loss and poison are not affected by armour (that's ok). But they are also not affected by damage resistance. So an easy enemy can't harm me by normal attacks, but by poison or blood loss.
That's true, but I don't see a particular reason to change it. DR reduces damage, but it does not make you immune to nasty actor conditions. In the future there will be more potions available to cure many conditions, so you will have to rely on them.
BelaMagla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 pm - Some enemies are immune against critical hits. Is there any item, such that I am also immune to critical hits?
No. You are humanoid, therefore you are susceptible to critical hits.
BelaMagla wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:31 pm BTW: How can I put my game statistics into my signature, without typing everting by hand?
Sorry, but the only way is by hand. You could shortcut it a little by copy and pasting a another signature that has a style you like, and then editing the numbers.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1