v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Ghost dagger of Curse

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
The Gray
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Ghost dagger of Curse

Post by The Gray »

What about adding a dagger that is called the "Ghost dagger of Curse", it will have high CM (maybe x4?) and increase CHS (maybe 10?) reasonably high as well, however, with these Critical hit and multiplier advantage's I thought it would be good to balance it with a negative condition upon equipping it, kind of like black water gear, the condition I thought would be applicable, if you haven't guessed it already, would be maybe a chaotic curse x1 (the X should be changed for all the upcoming positive things about this dagger for balancing) upon equipping the dagger. This I thought would be a rare dagger that can only be looted by ghosts, but I thought just any ghost would be unbalanced, so I was thinking about this being a very rare drop from the Charwood mine ghosts (Ash spectres). Also, considering this is a GHOST blade, I thought it would be appropriate to add a reasonable base BC% increase as well, lets say... 10%? And the AC% perhaps 30%, considering it a rare dagger. The Attack cost I thought of would be 4 AP per strike. And for the Attack damage, I'd say 2-4.

So, this is my idea of a dagger, keep in mind I have never used a dagger only character in this game EVER, so I really don't know if this is good or bad stats that I made the dagger have, I did most of my research and brain storming for them by finding a balance between all daggers on the Andor's Trail Dictionary for reference, so, development team, feel free to alter any of the information that I presented, but I hope the developer's find some sort of relatable idea with the concept I proposed! :)

Gl on the game, development team :)
:D
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Ghost dagger of Curse

Post by Voom »

Interesting thoughts. We could have the Ghost dagger of Curse be the only weapon in the game that can do crit damage to 'uncrit-able' enemies. The catch is it couldn't do crit damage to 'crit-able' enemies. It could give super high crits like you mentioned, but have a negative condition like Chaotic grip.
Voom
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

What term would coin the opposite of critical hits, with effects similar to critical hits? Banishment Multiplier ? Dispersion Chance ?
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
The Gray

Post by The Gray »

Voom wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 pm Interesting thoughts. We could have the Ghost dagger of Curse be the only weapon in the game that can do crit damage to 'uncrit-able' enemies. The catch is it couldn't do crit damage to 'crit-able' enemies. It could give super high crits like you mentioned, but have a negative condition like Chaotic grip.
Yes, that is exactly what I was planning lol, having a high C* and CHS, and with this advantage along with being the first dagger that could have block chance I thought you should have some sort of disadvantage, so a negative condition I thought would suit well.
Last edited by The Gray on Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gray

Post by The Gray »

Zukero wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:37 pm What term would coin the opposite of critical hits, with effects similar to critical hits? Banishment Multiplier ? Dispersion Chance ?
Are you adding a new type of hit? In my opinion then, I think Dispersion Chance.
Asmodee

Post by Asmodee »

In D&D when you equip a cursed item you usually can't remove it without some help. Maybe a Remove Curse potion or spell or some help from a priest, which may or may not destroy the item or render it otherwise inert or less powerful. This game is all about choices with effects you can't take back. Why not a cursed item that, once equipped, becomes a "use it or lose it" proposition?
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

So is the case with Rogue and most of its derivatives, including the recent Pixel Dungeon and its own derivatives.
It won't be easy or natural to include this in the Andor's Trail engine. I'll reserve my vote for later, much, much later.
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Voom
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Voom »

Lol, I played Pixel Dungeon like 20 times and beat it. Boss wasn't as hard as I thought. There is only one viable build in that game.
Asmodee wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:29 pm In D&D when you equip a cursed item you usually can't remove it without some help. Maybe a Remove Curse potion or spell or some help from a priest, which may or may not destroy the item or render it otherwise inert or less powerful. This game is all about choices with effects you can't take back. Why not a cursed item that, once equipped, becomes a "use it or lose it" proposition?
That actually sounds like a legit idea. Have a priest break the curse and chance at ruining the weapon.
Voom
Capeditiea
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by Capeditiea »

Voom wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:42 am Lol, I played Pixel Dungeon like 20 times and beat it. Boss wasn't as hard as I thought. There is only one viable build in that game.
Asmodee wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:29 pm In D&D when you equip a cursed item you usually can't remove it without some help. Maybe a Remove Curse potion or spell or some help from a priest, which may or may not destroy the item or render it otherwise inert or less powerful. This game is all about choices with effects you can't take back. Why not a cursed item that, once equipped, becomes a "use it or lose it" proposition?
That actually sounds like a legit idea. Have a priest break the curse and chance at ruining the weapon.
sigh... here i am with my top 2-6 ranks as level 17 or 18 huntress on floor 16... but i have made it to floor 20 level 22 with the warrior.

but to get back on topic... i would probably use Ghost Dagger of Curse (at least in one hand. left.) due to my recent obsession of Ghosts... (which i still have dreams about once a month about the ones in the game. *nods, i am starting to think they are haunting me...)
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3