v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

What about Vacors rift spell???

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Shadow Slayer
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat
Location: Vacor's Hideout (Temporarily Retired)(Real Life Location, I WILL NOT TELL YOU:))

What about Vacors rift spell???

Post by Shadow Slayer »

I just noticed how there is no topic or even suggestion on continuing the quest with Vacor, I mean, if you kill him than yes, you are done with the quest, but if you don't kill him he is still making the rift spell that is threatening the existence of the Shadow itself. I think there should be a quest given by Vacor that lets you to enter the rift or be able to be in some way involved in the end of the Shadow or to be able to stop Vacor. After the quest you either get a huge reward from Nor City (Destroying the Rift Spell) or Feygard (Killing the Shadow (If that's possible)) :?: :!: :?:
They called it the Shadow, and started creating a small cult around it, Only the smallest core of the cult actually knows that this power comes from the Kazaul-era dark arts...
Asmodee
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: What about Vacors rift spell???

Post by Asmodee »

Interesting concept, killing the Shadow. Mainly because of the ramifications it would have. The description of my Dark Blessing of the Shadow skill would change to, "Doesn't do anything". The Sword of Shadow's Rage description for "On every kill" would change to "100% chance of doing nothing", other stats may be decreased and it would change from "Extraordinary" to "Extra Ordinary". It might be amusing just for that "What the hell did I just do???" moment.

EDIT: Oh, and the description for Bonemeal potions might change from "Restores 40 HP" to "Tastes really icky". And Lodor's Bonemeal potions may turn into a slow poison. And the next time you go to buy some he may try to kick your butt. And every priest may try to kill you. And religious nuts may start hunting you down. Hell, I would do it just to see what all changed if that much happened.
Shadow Slayer
Location: Vacor's Hideout (Temporarily Retired)(Real Life Location, I WILL NOT TELL YOU:))

Post by Shadow Slayer »

I haven't actually thought of that, I agree that it would be fun to have all these changes after killing or ending the shadow but unfortunately I have used ATCS a lot already and know that it would probably not be possible to change all these stats and effects of bonemeal and weapons unless someone creates new code outside of ordinairy editors, it would be possible to change your current items you own like the sword of shadows rage or bonemeal to worse versions and have people like priests or shadow followers attack you or not trade with you. (Oh and just to say, Finally somebody noticed this topic :lol: )
They called it the Shadow, and started creating a small cult around it, Only the smallest core of the cult actually knows that this power comes from the Kazaul-era dark arts...
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You can't kill the Shadow, although, in principle at least, you could destroy it.

We have not decided what to do with Vacor and his rift spell. Oskar may have had a plan, but Oskar is gone. So ideas are welcome, but do not assume anything. Maybe Vacor does not know as much as he thinks he does, and his spell will blow up in his face? Maybe many things :D
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Shadow Slayer

Post by Shadow Slayer »

Now that's a way better idea, all this time Vacor acts like he knows all and can do all but then he is laughing and the rift spell blows in his face, that in my opinion would be worth adding to the game, maybe for once something hilarious will happen...

:o :?: ...And then everybody in fallhaven talks about Vacor's big failure, and Vacor hides in his hideout and doesn't want to come out because of shame :!: :o
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Blowing up to his face doesn't mean that it doesn't blow up to yours too... Who's laughing now! :twisted:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
Asmodee
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Asmodee »

The Shadow is one of the things that bug me about the game. No, I don't want to join your cult, but yes, I do want to kill the guard for you. But it gives me Bonemeal potions and a blessing that boosts my resistances a little, if I destroy a one-of-a-kind helmet. But hey, the helmet seems kind of crappy anyway. Still, I'm sure it was a mistake. After all that talk about it making the wearer powerful there has to be more to it than just trading a little HP for a little damage and block, though the DR is nice. Dammit! Now I want the helmet back!

Vacor seemed a little shady anyway. I was never actually convinced that what he told me was really his true intention in the first place. Maybe the Rift Spell wasn't even about destroying the Shadow. Maybe it was about gaining power for himself instead. Kind of the impression I got. So who's to say that the Shadow wouldn't be fine, but Vacor won't just siphon off some of its power to become Vacor the Magnificent, possessed (perhaps literally) of all the power of the Shadow. The blessing, the sword's abilities, the Bonemeal effect EACH TURN, etc. And, of course, he would remember your help in getting there, so long as you were willing to go full on Vader with the new tasks he has for you.

And if you vanquish him, perhaps the Shadow would be thankful...or perhaps the Shadow would see it as cleaning up your own mess...or perhaps the Shadow, now free of Vacor's enslavement, would blame you, leading to yet another quest to make up for it. Or maybe Vacor will eventually pull a Victor Kiriakis (soap opera character. Came back from the dead, like, a million times) later on. Or maybe, since you gave him all the parts of the spell before challenging him, he'll just pull a Victor on you anyway, even though you dispatched him, because he already did something with the spell. Something bad. Who knows?
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

This has started some interesting discussion recently. Certainly something we would like to revisit in the near future.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Maybe Vacor and Unzel are the same person? You think you killed Vacor, but that was actually a body double that was drugged into cooperation. The whole thing was an elaborate plot to get the parts of the rift spell back, and which ever "side" you chose, you fell for it. :mrgreen:
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Shadow Slayer

Post by Shadow Slayer »

Zukero wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:35 pm Blowing up to his face doesn't mean that it doesn't blow up to yours too... Who's laughing now! :twisted:
:cry:
Asmodee wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm Vacor seemed a little shady anyway. I was never actually convinced that what he told me was really his true intention in the first place. Maybe the Rift Spell wasn't even about destroying the Shadow. Maybe it was about gaining power for himself instead. Kind of the impression I got.
hmm... He did suggest, sometimes he forgot himself and said stuff he didn't want to say and then corrected himself like when he said "the power will be mine!"(At the end of the second quest).(accidentally apparently) So maybe he made up all the killing (Destroying, whatever you call it) the Shadow stuff to cover up what he was really doing, (I wonder what) but in the end, it blows up in his face, and no cause for concern.
Asmodee wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm The Shadow is one of the things that bug me about the game. No, I don't want to join your cult, but yes, I do want to kill the guard for you.
The Shadow bugs me too, but more so Kazaul, and the weird mentions of Elythara and its complete disappearance, And I dont like to call myself a cult, I think of myself as a follower of Elythara dedicated to discovering what happened, I call the Shadow a cult and Kazaul the origin of it(That is what I think anyway), they seem to appear in the same places, and where there is a Kazaul mystery there is bound to be a sneaky Shadow Priest somewhere near doing shady stuff, My goal is to expose the Shadow and Kazaul and Destroy them! :twisted:
rijackson741 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:54 am Maybe Vacor and Unzel are the same person? You think you killed Vacor, but that was actually a body double that was drugged into cooperation. The whole thing was an elaborate plot to get the parts of the rift spell back, and which ever "side" you chose, you fell for it. :mrgreen:
Err... I think I prefer your Idea about Vacor's spell blowing up in his face(Cant let go of that idea :lol: Maybe it will happen in the game?)