v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Boost up immunity, rejuvenation

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
airdrik
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Boost up immunity, rejuvenation

Post by airdrik »

I recently played to builds back-to-back. Both focused primarily on bc.
The second build focused on getting taunt and weapon & shield in order to generally avoid getting hit very much when clearing a room.
The first followed the more regimented path through immunity to get rejuvenation (after spending his 1st 3 skills on dodge, increased fortitude and regeneration) finally at level 52. Developing this build was definitely a struggle as he had to spend all of his skill points on skills which currently provide marginal benefit, all with the goal to get a final skill which also provides close to negligible benefit.

First investing in dodge provides much larger benefit that investing in immunity as quite simply getting hit less also means getting inflicted by anything less. Thus each point in immunity needs to provide much higher benefit to be considered worthwhile. I think 20% each with a cap at 80% (or maybe go all the way to complete immunity) would be a much more reasonable rate.

Second rejuvenation feels all-but-worthless. It only triggers about once every 5 rounds, by which time most effects have worn off naturally or otherwise taken their toll. I think that skill needs a significant increase in trigger rate in order to become worthwhile.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Boost up immunity, rejuvenation

Post by rijackson741 »

I agree that those need rebalancing. To max them out and get Rejuvenation requires 22 skill points, which is ridiculous. What about 30% per skill point, capped at 60%? So you can only invest 2 kill points in each, and you can never be completely immune. Then it would take you 24 levels to get those skills, and another 4 levels to get Rejuvenation. Also make rejuvenation wipe an actor condition completely, rather than just lowering it by 1.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1