I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Capeditiea
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Contact:

I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by Capeditiea » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:18 pm

i mean, just think about it, some kid walking up to you asking to see what food you have available, wearing a cat suit... minus the cat ears and weilding a huge two handed axe that is clearly a lot larger than them...
how would you react?

so now take that image and change the oversized axe with your handy little scythe. :3 *nods,

also i request for a better scythe. like a rare one at least.
AC: +5
BC: -5
AD: 3-15

and 10% of Bleeding X3 for 5-8 rounds :D


*gets down on hands and knees, please? you could even put it in Brimhaven.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 9.0 - Pie
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by rijackson741 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am

It's a farming implement. Of course, you can do some damage with one, but nobody would teach a weapon proficiency with it.
Level:68, XP:5672461, PV:497, FQ:62
HP:220, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:171, DR:3
Gold: 222889 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

rusdisas
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:32 pm
android_version: 5.0

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by rusdisas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:49 am

rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am
It's a farming implement. Of course, you can do some damage with one, but nobody would teach a weapon proficiency with it.
maybe from a skilled farmer in...very faraway place... :roll:

..like Remgard
Sydirus
Blackwater Gear + 2x ring of protector
Lvl: 30
HP: 75, AC: 130%, AD: 13-23, AP: 5, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 264%, DR: 2

User avatar
T-rex2298
Posts: 114
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:44 am
android_version: 8.0
Location: Inaroom inahouse inasuburb inacity inastate whichisinacountry inAustralia Good guesswork!
Contact:

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by T-rex2298 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 am

rusdisas wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:49 am
rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am
It's a farming implement. Of course, you can do some damage with one, but nobody would teach a weapon proficiency with it.
maybe from a skilled farmer in...very faraway place... :roll:

..like Remgard
:lol: :lol: :lol: But I like the idea. Loneford is a better option I think, its practically a farming community.
I came, I saw, I ate.
Operation Shadowslay
Maturity: 1 month
Effect Level: Massacre
Stronger, Faster, Braver.

Capeditiea
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Contact:

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by Capeditiea » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 pm

rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am
It's a farming implement. Of course, you can do some damage with one, but nobody would teach a weapon proficiency with it.
it was later idealized by farmers during the inquisitions, the originals looked similar to the much later harbred. they took the blade of the scythe and sorta made it look like this.

|(
|
|

this inspired the rich to invent the halberd.

The reason the farmers changed the scythe to be this way was because when they were going off to battle, the scythes blade would perpetually get caught in shrubery, and was not very agile.

it wasn't till much later till the spirit of death became partners with the scythe in it's depictions.
so the history and evolution of the scythe goes like this

Farming Equipment > Same Shape as a weapon (with it still being farming equipment.) > The blade being modified to use like a huge axe with some range > (after the opposing more "industrious side noticed it's effectiveness) the Halberd.

But at the time farmers couldn't keep weapons unless they were inclined to have their head on a spike or just before the epic battle of farmers vs. inquisition. So they had to ghetto rig their farming tools for a more proficient and equally powered rebellion.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 9.0 - Pie
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by rijackson741 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm

There's another new category too, the whip. There's only one of those though, and it's not very interesting. I do have a much more interesting one designed, but it's not in the game. Creating skills for these odd-ball items requires changes to the game code, as well as changes to the game content.

We could add the scythe to the "axe" proficiency, and the whip to the "blunt" proficiency.
Level:68, XP:5672461, PV:497, FQ:62
HP:220, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:171, DR:3
Gold: 222889 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

Capeditiea
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Contact:

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by Capeditiea » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:30 pm

rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm
There's another new category too, the whip. There's only one of those though, and it's not very interesting. I do have a much more interesting one designed, but it's not in the game. Creating skills for these odd-ball items requires changes to the game code, as well as changes to the game content.

We could add the scythe to the "axe" proficiency, and the whip to the "blunt" proficiency.
yay. :D this was the primary intent. :3
good thing i decided on the Axe Proficiency. :3

yeah the whip was my second choice because Catwoman, but not as fun as the scythe. :3 maybe the new whip will be interesting enough to fit into the Crazy Cat Lady Quick Moving Tank (or CCLQMT for short) playstyle i am going with.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

User avatar
rijackson741
Posts: 2684
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:04 am
android_version: 9.0 - Pie
Location: Somewhere in Dhayavar

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by rijackson741 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:35 pm

OK. I made the necessary changes to add scythe to the "axe" proficiency, and the whip to the "blunt" proficiency. You obviously will not see these until the next release though.
Level:68, XP:5672461, PV:497, FQ:62
HP:220, AC:247, AD:46-58, AP:3, ECC:23%, CM:3, BC:171, DR:3
Gold: 222889 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1

Capeditiea
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Contact:

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by Capeditiea » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:35 pm
OK. I made the necessary changes to add scythe to the "axe" proficiency, and the whip to the "blunt" proficiency. You obviously will not see these until the next release though.
*nods,
let's just hope it won't be nearly five years, maybe four this time? :D (by the way, i am nearly caught up questwise. :D i still need to get RoLS, but have one Remgard Quest to go, before i dive into
the green maze again...
i did enter because i was curious as to what my favourite character in the game would grant me
Kayla
hopefully the spoiler thing worked as planned.
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

Capeditiea
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:44 pm
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat
Contact:

Re: I humbly request a Scythe Profiecency!

Post by Capeditiea » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Capeditiea wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm
rijackson741 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:35 pm
OK. I made the necessary changes to add scythe to the "axe" proficiency, and the whip to the "blunt" proficiency. You obviously will not see these until the next release though.
*nods,
let's just hope it won't be nearly five years, maybe four this time? :D (by the way, i am nearly caught up questwise. :D i still need to get RoLS, but have one Remgard Quest to go, before i dive into
the green maze again...
i did enter because i was curious as to what my favourite character in the game would grant me
Kayla
hopefully the spoiler thing worked as planned.
:O ---edited to add,

i forgot to finish...
for the quest of Surprize. :3
Player Name: ESC LVL: 47 (ChillIin' with Kayla, awaiting next update.)
Player Name: E LVL: 28 (The Fated No IF Build)
i am spoiler happy now that i have figured it out. :3
:D

Post Reply