SAVE

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
AlexisX100
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

SAVE

Post by AlexisX100 »

It would be nice if you can write a title to each slot that is saved.

Sometimes I have saved slots and I don't remember the reason.
Maybe it was to go somewhere else. Or maybe I was gathering arina from bones and I don't remember etc, etc.
AlexisX100

Re: SAVE

Post by AlexisX100 »

Sorry I'm using a translator
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

AlexisX100 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:24 am It would be nice if you can write a title to each slot that is saved.

Maybe it was to go somewhere else. Or maybe I was gathering arina from bones and I don't remember etc, etc.
You can do it.
Go to your folders
Click on andors trail
Click and hold down on the save
Click the more button
Click the rename button
Rename it
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

CUCHULAINN3 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:30 am
AlexisX100 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:24 am It would be nice if you can write a title to each slot that is saved.

Let me see
Edit
Ok there is away but I don't know if I you would be able to understand it well enough for me to explain it
1. Get a hex editor
2. Open it up and find the andor trail folder
3. Click the save file you wish to edit
4. The first line that you see is your character name.
5 change the name to what you wish for it (only thing though it is in numbers so you will need to learn the code
6 once you have done it save it
7 exit the app and open up andor trail and click the load button (you should see the save file changed to what you wanted it) but mind you if you change anything else in that file you can damage your saved file and there is no way to fix it.
I was able to do it before but let me see
Last edited by CUCHULAINN3 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexisX100

Post by AlexisX100 »

Rename the file folder successfully. But when I went to look for it in the game it disappears. Try the same with 2 folders and they disappeared.
AlexisX100

Post by AlexisX100 »

Sorry I tried without the hexadecimal editor.
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

AlexisX100 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:26 am Sorry I tried without the hexadecimal editor.
Try the hex editor,
But it shouldn't have deleted it. If the hex doesn't work, than it's your phone. I tried both ways on three different phones and it worked.
But again try the hex editor. That's the only other way I know of
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

You can't rename the folder or the savegame (except that you could, for example, rename savegame1 to savegame123). The choices you see in the "load saved game" menu are contained within the savegame files. In principle you can edit the character name with a hex editor, but that is all.

Anyway, yes, I agree that allowing some descriptive test with the save would be a plus.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CUCHULAINN3

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

rijackson741 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:44 pm You can't rename the folder or the savegame (except that you could, for example, rename savegame1 to savegame123). The choices you see in the "load saved game" menu are contained within the savegame files. In principle you can edit the character name with a hex editor, but that is all.

Anyway, yes, I agree that allowing some descriptive test with the save would be a plus.
I disagre buddy the old hex editor I had let you change the name of any mime file and when it was saved as it over wrote the file name. This was years ago so I don't know if that app is still even on the market. But I wouldn't advise anyone messing with the file. Also back then you were able to link the app to your "my folder and Visa versa" and both allowing you to do it. But it wouldn't work on online game
I'm sorry I give advice I should not at times
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

To be clear.
When loading savegames Andors Trail looks in a folder called "andors-trail". If you rename this folder you will just break things.
Within that folder are files with the name format savegameX, savegameXX, savegameXXX, etc., where X, XX, XXX are numbers. Those are your saved games. You can rename those files to anything you want, and you do not need a binary file editor to do it. However, AT will ignore files with names in other formats. What is displayed when you load a game is not the name of the savegame file anyway. It's pulled from within the savegame file.
The savegames are binary files, but they are not mime files (MIME stands for Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension). You can edit them with a binary file editor, but if you get it wrong you could cripple the file. The name of the character is in two places in the file, in plain text. You can ignore the first one, and edit the second one. The new name will show when you next go to load games. Do this at your own risk, and MAKE A BACKUP OF THE SAVEGAME BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1