v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Food for thought... - Vol 2

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Fallhaven Sentinel
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Food for thought... - Vol 2

Post by Fallhaven Sentinel »

Antison wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 pm I think this whole conversation stems from the need for the long trips to Remgard with no sign of health aids after the Spider Cave.
Embrace the difficulty and enjoy it. Look for Andor. Not berries!
I don't know about everybody else but I kept a stack of up to 100 loaves of bread (in my bottomless backpack, I guess) and typically had around 30 cooked meat, plus the other stuff that just accumulates, raw meat, raw perch, izthiel claws, a stack of antidotes. (Not to mention the bonemeal stack and accumulated health pots.) Personally, I'm fine!

More "dangerous" food could add to the variety and excitement. At higher levels it's relatively easy to move through low-level areas, but eventually the mobs will make a dent in your HP bar anyway. And then you find some "interesting"-looking wild food and you're like, "I wonder what happens when I eat this?"

From wild, non-meat food I'd expect statuses that are not regular food-poisoning (since players are already used to that!), something like Dazed, Internal Bleeding, Minor Fatigue, maybe some new condition (I still like the thought of "Seeing Things" >.> or some other such mental condition). Then you've either got the specific antidote for that with you (I already forgot where that one merchant is with the specific cures) or you'll just have to suffer. Maybe a small chance of a positive condition would add to the fun. (Small, because then it wouldn't be a reliable buff when stepping into a tough battle.)
~x
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:51 am
Urbain wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:03 pm And someone mentioned the Evil Bakers maybe not being all that truthful about the ingredients.
Unfortunately, this is something we can't hide. You can look at an item before you buy it, and see all the properties, both good and bad. To hide properties would mean a change in the game engine, and that is probably not worth the effort.
This is right. But it could be like raw meat - you can see a chance of food poison, but you can't know if your meat is really poisonous before you eat it.
Nut
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

Antison wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:19 pm I think this whole conversation stems from the need for the long trips to Remgard with no sign of health aids after the Spider Cave.
Embrace the difficulty and enjoy it. Look for Andor. Not berries!
To be honest I wasn't even thinking about that trek. After doing that run the first time I always make sure I'm well provisioned before heading in.

This just seems like a nice little depth piece to make the world a bit more interactive. Beyond the usual killing of beasts :)
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
Urbain
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Urbain »

rijackson741 wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:51 am
Urbain wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:03 pm And someone mentioned the Evil Bakers maybe not being all that truthful about the ingredients.
Unfortunately, this is something we can't hide. You can look at an item before you buy it, and see all the properties, both good and bad. To hide properties would mean a change in the game engine, and that is probably not worth the effort.
That's too bad. Ah well. It was a good idea while it lasted.
Andor's Trail on a Samsung Galaxy Tab4
rigger
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by rigger »

Hannah's lunch is the best food in the game, too bad you only get one, and can't order more... After all, if the castle owner(s) are so grateful to $playername, they could give him such food for a suitable compensation. :P
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

Maybe the guard at the garden gate should go to another part-time job:
* Hannah's-lunch Take Away *
only 200 gold each
:lol:
Nut
rigger
android_version: 8.1 - Oreo

Post by rigger »

Nut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am Maybe the guard at the garden gate should go to another part-time job:
only 200 gold each
but ONLY after you complete the Roses quest, of course. Maybe buyable from the cook, as the guard is a known scammer, it scammed you when it offered a tour of the castle. Besides, the Hannah's lunch is an exclusive food, served to VIP clients only.
Otherwise, the price looks reasonable. (well, except that bonemeal is an extremely good deal for its price).

Almost forgot: not more than ONE is for sale at any given time.
CUCHULAINN3
android_version: 13 - Android 13

Post by CUCHULAINN3 »

rigger wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:54 am
Nut wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:01 am Maybe the guard at the garden gate should go to another part-time job:
only 200 gold each
but ONLY after you complete the Roses quest, of course. Maybe buyable from the cook, as the guard is a known scammer, it scammed you when it offered a tour of the castle. Besides, the Hannah's lunch is an exclusive food, served to VIP clients only.
Otherwise, the price looks reasonable. (well, except that bonemeal is an extremely good deal for its price).

Almost forgot: not more than ONE is for sale at any given time.
Ah but bonemeal is forbidden and shouldn't be used lol
Sinn Féin~~~saighdiúir éireannach