v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Shadow Juggernaut's Set

Post by Tomcat »

Criticals are built into the combat engine. The hit probability is solely computed from the attacker's skill (which is directly in the data for a mob, computed from gear for hero), but zeroed out if the defender is one of the specific types of mobs that are immune - mostly non-corpse-based undead like ghosts, demons, and skeletons. There is no partial immunity in the equation or fraction of immunity in the data structure. Even creating an armor that gives the hero crit immunity would take extra code work.
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Grim Reaper »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:30 pm Criticals are built into the combat engine. The hit probability is solely computed from the attacker's skill (which is directly in the data for a mob, computed from gear for hero), but zeroed out if the defender is one of the specific types of mobs that are immune - mostly non-corpse-based undead like ghosts, demons, and skeletons. There is no partial immunity in the equation or fraction of immunity in the data structure. Even creating an armor that gives the hero crit immunity would take extra code work.
yes, i understood that, but what about lowering opponents crit modifier to 1 with a condition?
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

Tomcat wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:30 pm Criticals are built into the combat engine. The hit probability is solely computed from the attacker's skill (which is directly in the data for a mob, computed from gear for hero), but zeroed out if the defender is one of the specific types of mobs that are immune - mostly non-corpse-based undead like ghosts, demons, and skeletons. There is no partial immunity in the equation or fraction of immunity in the data structure. Even creating an armor that gives the hero crit immunity would take extra code work.
Understood. I was thinking, since there is crit immunity for mobs, it might be easy(er) to implement than all the other stuff. Just tried to think of alternative 'available' stats and conditions that help Grim Reaper to refine his ideas. But then again, I don't know the code itself, and only tried to go by interpretation of my observations.
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
GnortsmraSirum148
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by GnortsmraSirum148 »

WOW you must have done a lot of boring grinding to get all that @Grim Reaper
gnortsmra, lvl 52
Vaugha's Shimmering Hat, Serpent's Hauberk, Jewel of Fallhaven, Balanced Steel Sword(x2), Ring of the Protector(x2), Heavy Iron Gloves, Vacor's Boots of Attack
Grim Reaper
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Grim Reaper »

GnortsmraSirum148 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:42 pm WOW you must have done a lot of boring grinding to get all that @Grim Reaper
mhm, i did that quite a long ago, now i am just waiting for new content to experience and new legendary items to farm
  • [RoL] Rapier of lifesteal (X2)
  • [RoLS] Ring of lesser Shadow
  • [RoFLS] Ring of far lesser Shadow
  • [HoF] Helm of Foreseeing
  • [Sh] Serpant's hauberk
  • [M] Marrowtaint
  • [BoG] Boots of the Globetrotter
  • Troublemaker's gloves