v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

REST OPTIONS

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

REST OPTIONS

Post by Osho »

Hi all!

Just joined the forums.

Enjoying the game so far. Though 1 big issue with the game is the lack of REST options on the map.

I would like to request for more additional points to rest on certain locations so that the player doesn't have to run back and forth between areas on the map.

If the developer can't add RESTING places then at least add teleporters that connects every area to quickly reach them. Similar to the teleporters seen in 'Arx Fatalis' game

The overview map is excellent for teleporting from one area to another at a press of a finger.

I hope my suggestion is given a chance to look into the possibility of making the game better

Thank you for reading 🙂

An excellent game overall 👍
Schmmiiirc
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: REST OPTIONS

Post by Schmmiiirc »

Osh wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:54 am

Enjoying the game so far. Though 1 big issue with the game is the lack of REST options on the map.
Do you have any skill points in Regeneration?

Teleporting has often been requested, and the answer from above has always been that it's not going to happen.
See the puppies scatter.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by Osho »

Schmmiiirc wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:48 amDo you have any skill points in Regeneration?
No. Just came to know about it now. I'll check it out.

Thanks for the response
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

With one exception (a bug that I have never bothered to fix, because if you can get there it doesn't matter anyway) the entrance and exits tiles of a map are safe from monsters. You can heal there either using food or the Regeneration skill (or both).

Be careful sleeping in beds. The last bed you slept in is where you end up if you "die" (unless you are playing in permadeath mode, in which case the place you end up when you die is the title screen :lol: ). Some beds are not in very good locations. You shouldn't rely on them anyway, because when you "die" you lose XP.

There will be no teleporting. There are a couple of exceptions, but they are exceptions. You can teleport by dying though, which takes you back to the last bed you slept in (see above). To avoid XP loss, get just enough to level up, and after leveling up get yourself killed.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
CKork
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by CKork »

rijackson741 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:44 pm You can teleport by dying though, which takes you back to the last bed you slept in (see above). To avoid XP loss, get just enough to level up, and after leveling up get yourself killed.
Wonder if I should try this "teleport" cheat for my lvl 80 PD character :D
Andor's "Vanilla" Bro
:ElyR x1:RolS x2:RoflS x1:RoL x2:HoF x1:ChaR x2:GoLF x1:ShaF x2:SRoV x1:VSH x3:WMC x1:GoW x2:BD x1:HS x2:
LVL 35 (+24 dmg, 2x IF, next to no quests & unique bosses, xp saved 2get2 lvl 80 straight)
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

You'd gain many XP - not your pd hero, I mean you yourself :lol:
Nut