v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Show Hero's level in main UI

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Show Hero's level in main UI

Post by Soullessktty »

It's little thing, but it helps when I have several different heroes I am playing. If possible, showing the hero's level in the main UI similar to the image I attached would be nice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Osho
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Re: Show Hero's level in main UI

Post by Osho »

I'd say change those horizontal bars (health and xp) to numbers and remove that middle space completely. Only the icons at lower corners of both sides should be visible to maintain a minimalist UI experience. Even better to provide another option to remove them too - only the HP and XP should be allowed on screen.

Not sure if it's practically possible to change the UI but it'd be a great improvement

EDIT

Just to clarify - By both hp and xp, i mean, in numbers only should be visible - if an option is available to remove everything on screen except these two indicators
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

The better option is, and this has been talked about on this forum in the past, to move all of these UI elements off of the playable map region. In other words, make it behave like it is when you shut off the full screen feature. It creates an opening at the top where your phone's taskbar shows up. This way the UI elements don't impede your ability to move around the map.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

What's wrong with just turning off the full screen option now?
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Nothing. I was just using it as an example. Creating an opening at the bottom of the screen, similar to that opening created by shutting off fullscreen, would create a place to put these UI elements w/o covering the map
"A home without a beagle is just a house"