v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Combining NPC's line for less clicks

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Soullessktty
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Combining NPC's line for less clicks

Post by Soullessktty »

IMG_20210223_111540.jpg
If we look at the conversation above, it takes about 4 clicks just to get the line where the hero needs to give respond. Why not make it simpler like the following:
Gael: Hi, kid. I am Gael, son of those people in the house over there. I moved out here because I couldn't stand the suffocating smell of mushroom soup anymore. Or, vegetable soup for that matter.

I like meat. Wolves, boars, dogs, puppies. Any kind, really. And snakes, of course. They give the finest meat of all. Cooked, grilled, baked, fried, stewed... Ah, snake meat - nothing compares to it!
It's not like we can skip the conversations, or there is a reason to leave in the middle of the conversation. At least I don't think of any reason.

A lot of other conversations can be compressed like that. Less click, quicker reading and gameplay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Re: Combining NPC's line for less clicks

Post by rijackson741 »

This is to not present the player with a wall of text (usually). The conversation is delivered with pauses effectively inserted where you go from one dialog to the next.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1