v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Update your bookmarks

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Update your bookmarks

Post by sdevaney »

Hello everyone,

With the release of 0.6.10 fast approaching, our download count at 250k+, and someone releasing a poor copy of Andor's Trail on the market. I figured it was time we took another step forward in our project evolution. So we now have our own domain.

For now you can access the forums directly by going to http://andorstrail.com Eventually there will be an actual project site.

I posted a while ago that I wanted to create an actual website for AT and this is the start of it. If anyone is interested in helping design and develop the new website contact me via PM so we can start the collaboration. Even if you only have ideas and zero coding knowledge I am still interested in your ideas.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Re: Update your bookmarks

Post by ctnbeh13 »

sdevaney,

Any idea as to when the original forum site will be deactivated? Currently, the very annoying issue exists, as a result of having a mirrored forum with different domains, of where when logged into one domain (and having selected "Log me on automatically each visit"), and someone posting to a topic that you are subscribed to is doing so from the other domain, the email you receive announcing a new post has been made contains links to the mirror site. So, by selecting to view the latest post by using the link in the email, you now have to login again to access and view the new post. :|
One of even fewer...
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Is there a reason why I shouldn't be able to log into the old site ?
Ha Ha, Made you look.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

kabbie1882,

You and all forum members currently can, which is part of why the problem I mentioned earlier exists. There are a number of ways to address this issue, none of them are allowable for me to execute. At this point, I can only speculate that a full transition from the original domain to the new one hasn't taken place yet, is due to concern that there are forum members who haven't taken notice of sdevaney's post of "Update your bookmarks", read it, and done so.

Personally, what I would do to get things started down the road to transition would be to set the original forum established at the domain of "http://andors.techby2guys.com/" to redirect to "http://andorstrail.com/index.php". This would place all activity on one site, and should offer forum members who are subscribed to receive email notification of new posts to whatever they're subscribed to, an email containing links to the content which is on only one domain. This is only one approach to alleviating the, "Log me on automatically each visit" issue.

There are benefits to having a mirrored site(s), but also can offer additional challenges and maintenance responsibilities. Anything I can offer as to what's taking place in the background to establish change, migration, and the overall desired outcome, would all be speculation on my part.

I would just like to receive an email that contains links to the content I wish to view to be the same domain I am currently logged into, on a consistent basis.
One of even fewer...
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

ctnbeh13 wrote:kabbie1882,

You and all forum members currently can, which is part of why the problem I mentioned earlier exists. There are a number of ways to address this issue, none of them are allowable for me to execute. At this point, I can only speculate that a full transition from the original domain to the new one hasn't taken place yet, is due to concern that there are forum members who haven't taken notice of sdevaney's post of "Update your bookmarks", read it, and done so.

Personally, what I would do to get things started down the road to transition would be to set the original forum established at the domain of "http://andors.techby2guys.com/" to redirect to "http://andorstrail.com/index.php". This would place all activity on one site, and should offer forum members who are subscribed to receive email notification of new posts to whatever they're subscribed to, an email containing links to the content which is on only one domain. This is only one approach to alleviating the, "Log me on automatically each visit" issue.

There are benefits to having a mirrored site(s), but also can offer additional challenges and maintenance responsibilities. Anything I can offer as to what's taking place in the background to establish change, migration, and the overall desired outcome, would all be speculation on my part.

I would just like to receive an email that contains links to the content I wish to view to be the same domain I am currently logged into, on a consistent basis.
Indeed the old site will be down in a few hours and a redirect will be put up.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

has the eMail / old domain issue been resolved?
i keep the page up & refreshing all day...
so i can only speculate.

this was brought up again recently in the Highscore thread.
i took a mental note (because functionality is crutial) but didnt i respond.
i was tempted to make a thread for the new topic, and now its gone.
again, i dont subscribe or use bookmarks...

but im assuming quite a few users do!
if there are users logging into the old site,
and this is causing unwanted problems for those of us logged into the proper site...
then maybe another friendly reminder is due?

----EDIT----
when you google AT, about half of the results are the old page. =(
[thx logopile]
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

There is a redirect up, emails should be fixed, and as far as Google goes, eventually those should go away as more links are made to the main domain.