Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #6

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #6
2012-05-27
Present: Oskar Wiksten, Scott Devaney, Stephen Stalnaker, Matthew White

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Summary of players’ feedback from alpha so far. - Very few bugs, overall positive.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
Implemented the Vacor/Unzel continuation quest.

GUI updates when no movement occurs: If no movement happens on a round, then the code for refreshing the UI was never called. (Fixes splatter and HP redrawing issues).

Keyboard navigation in conversation GUI bug fixed.

Fixed long-time bug of duplicated or missing NPCs while loading game!

3. Things that are currently being worked on:
Beta Release as soon as possible. If there are no major issues, then we release to Google Play; maybe even this week.

Additional conversations for previous NPCs? (Minarra still talks of a disease in Vilegard, etc.)
Low priority but on the list. Need a list of all of these types of situations.

Dragon Quest - scottdog(Scott H.) - doc/brainstorming started, slated for release v0.6.12 or after.

Dark Castle Quest - nyktos - early: just notes & 1 map so far.

Labyrinth Quest - Pyrizzle - A nice chunk of convo and things done.
TODO: Share some labyrinth maps from before for Labyrinth Quest.

TODO: Summarize all content (conversations and such) in a Google docs-document.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
Good ideas from DarkSavant13 - about an in-game “instructions” section. Re: Topic
Will work on adding a few of these suggestions, most likely not before v0.6.11 market release.

Actor conditions stay in effect when shouldn't: Topic
TODO: fix before market release!

Is there a way to auto end a round?: Topic
Maybe a setting for choosing whether to auto end turns when using items. Most likely v0.6.12

Display stats even when they are 0? (such as critical skill). - Would also affect all item stats which might seem very confusing.
TODO: Make it more clear that you can only cause critical hits when having equipped an item that can actually cause critical hits, regardless of the value in “critical skill”.

5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
A list of suggested ideas that have been denied posted in the forums.

Beta release this week.

Questmaking tutorial

Start working on outlines for quests for v0.6.12 (Duleian road, Lodar’s)
TODO: start a doc with the main outline for Lodar’s.

Gauge interest in a public meeting in the near future.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #6

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote: Labyrinth Quest - Pyrizzle - A nice chunk of convo and things done.
I'm not sure if i can create a good series of map tiles myself but i can start drawing up blueprints. I don't have my phone with me today at work so i don't have A.T. to distract me from getting stuff done.

How would you like the Googe docs document page? Would you like me to set one up with a copy of the info i have already put together or is there another format i should be using?

i will get more work done on it and post it for you guys asap.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Pyrizzle wrote:
sdevaney wrote: Labyrinth Quest - Pyrizzle - A nice chunk of convo and things done.
I'm not sure if i can create a good series of map tiles myself but i can start drawing up blueprints. I don't have my phone with me today at work so i don't have A.T. to distract me from getting stuff done.

How would you like the Googe docs document page? Would you like me to set one up with a copy of the info i have already put together or is there another format i should be using?

i will get more work done on it and post it for you guys asap.
The first TODO is to remind Oskar to share the maps he said he had for a labyrinth. The second TODO is for a different subject not including the Labyrinth quest.

Just post it up on google docs and share it, we can deal with formatting later.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote: The first TODO is to remind Oskar to share the maps he said he had for a labyrinth. The second TODO is for a different subject not including the Labyrinth quest.

Sure thing! I'm working on a few ideas now.

--------------------Addition-----------------------
I found some of the maps and info i had for the Labyrinth Quests. Not sure if you guys would like to take a look at them or if you already have something you guys wanted to use instead.

sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Pyrizzle wrote:
sdevaney wrote: The first TODO is to remind Oskar to share the maps he said he had for a labyrinth. The second TODO is for a different subject not including the Labyrinth quest.

Sure thing! I'm working on a few ideas now.

--------------------Addition-----------------------
I found some of the maps and info i had for the Labyrinth Quests. Not sure if you guys would like to take a look at them or if you already have something you guys wanted to use instead.
Did you get the chance to look at the maps Oskar sent? They include a decent maze and an interesting "ending area". They need finished but they are a good start. They were contributed by Dave Stanley ("Davo" on the forums).

Send what you have and maybe they could be combined, because the bigger maze the better I suppose. :twisted: Or maybe yours work better and we can use these for the "Dragon Quest".
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

I didn't see the maps, where are they posted? I will see if i can take a pithcure of the maps i have plotted out with my phone and then post it for you to see. I have been working on Floor #2, after deciding that one floor wasn't confusing enough. :lol:

I'm pretty sure there would be a easy way to combine the maps (Davo's) and mine, hopefully the style of designs will fit together easily. :) I will continue to work on floor #2 and post it when i think it's worth posting (might be on the next draft).

DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Maybe a poll to gauge public interest in the meetings? Would be a quick and easy way to do so. May be a good idea to sticky it. ;) Then, unsticky the poll at the next meeting and put up a new one, ie. Public Opinion Poll: AT Meeting #6, Public Opinion Poll:AT Meeting #7, etc.. Maybe put a link to the poll at the bottom of the initial post in the thread.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

DarkSavant13 wrote:Maybe a poll to gauge public interest in the meetings? Would be a quick and easy way to do so. May be a good idea to sticky it. ;) Then, unsticky the poll at the next meeting and put up a new one, ie. Public Opinion Poll: AT Meeting #6, Public Opinion Poll:AT Meeting #7, etc.. Maybe put a link to the poll at the bottom of the initial post in the thread.
So what would we poll people about?
DarkSavant13
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Well,the poll would be to get the basics but it would get people to post their thoughts. The poll would be something like this...
What are your feelings on AT Project Meeting #6?
* I love what was talked about
* I would have liked to have seen more talked about
* I disliked the way the meeting went
* I have no opinion on the meeting.

Please explain your answer in the poll, it could affect future meetings. We always want to know what people think so that we may improve upon things in the future. :)

Whatcha think? :D
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

DarkSavant13: interesting idea. :D

Sdevaney: If you would like to do this i will gladly set up a poll for you. Just let me know what you want boss.