Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #11

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #11
2012-08-26
Present: Oskar Wiksten, Scott Devaney, Stephen Stalnaker, Matthew White

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Review notes and wrap up discussion on. Good points were added after the meeting. ~ SCS
We’ll revisit the summary in the next meeting also.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
Dave(Davo) DQ dungeon maps finished. Scott will share through google drive.
TODO: The new dungeon maps will need monsters and some background story. Someone could help with his. Check in with Nyktos to keep everything together. Nyktos has some starting ideas for content here.

Development Thread Access

Structure for Map Makers & Quest Writers - collaboration...

Aviod Overlapping! (NPC’s & Questlines) =)

3. Things that are being worked on:
Actor Conditions Submitted by nether: see shared google doc
TODO: Someone could help with balancing these effects and also tweaking them so that they fit the game engine. (PM sdevaney)

New quests and other content (some of which ties in with the follow-up) ~ SCS
Looks like an excellent start, and a good story to build even more quests on. Would be interesting to read more.

Taledus helping on documentation/wiki.
Excellent start! The Andor’s Trail wiki will expand more in the future, with most of the stickies from the forums, and the wiki pages from googlecode.
TODO: Oskar: Add Taledus to list of authors in the game.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:

New tiles: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1977
Nice idea! It would be worth it to use these types of transitions. Memory issues by adding more tiles is a non-issue nowadays. It would require some work to go through the existing maps and convert them to using these tiles instead (since we wouldn’t want to keep the old way).
TODO: Oskar: check how we can combine these with clutter on top of them, so that the maps overall still look good.

A very interesting idea about structuring the submitted suggestions: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1958
Good idea! Nice work Taldeus! Let’s work with this.
TODO: Scott: Get the structure fully worked out.

How does immunity vs crits work?: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1995
TODO: Oskar. Reply that there are three separate die rolls (hit or not, damage, crit or not).

Issue with description of rejuvination: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1856#p21858
TODO: Oskar: Mad P is correct. We’ll change the descriptions in game.

More design info: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1996
We’ll combine the design document with the info that gets put in the future wiki. If someone wants to help with more background story, then that’s always welcome of course :)

Sword of Shadows Rage tweak: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1862
TODO: Oskar: make sure that after combat, each round starts in exactly 6 seconds, and not something less than that.

Buy/Sell cursor placement: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1984
TODO: Oskar : sure, that’s easy (i hope).

5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
TODO: Oskar: Compile first alpha of v0.6.12

Brainstorm:
Why does magic have to be ranged?
Why not start with basic animation like what we do for conditions and regen?

{ideas for this - matthew}

Quest trigger allowed to make a mark on world map. (could also be covered during follow-up, as this was previously discussed ~ SCS)
Sure, for v0.7.0.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #11

Post by nether »

sdevaney wrote: Present: Oskar Wiksten, Scott Devaney, Stephen Stalnaker, Matthew White
Can you label these people by their forum name? The first two are easy to guess but I don't know who the others are and I'm sure some other people don't know as well. (think I remember hearing it in the public meeting on YT but forgot)

Something like this:

Scott Devaney: (sdevaney)
sdevaney wrote:Structure for Map Makers & Quest Writers - collaboration..
Where can I find this?

And how do I get to the google drive to access shared documents for AT?
Antison

Post by Antison »

nether wrote:
sdevaney wrote: Present: Oskar Wiksten, Scott Devaney, Stephen Stalnaker, Matthew White
Can you label these people by their forum name? The first two are easy to guess but I don't know who the others are and I'm sure some other people don't know as well. (think I remember hearing it in the public meeting on YT but forgot)
Stephen = ctbeh13
Matthew = nyktos
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

@nether The shared doc was in reference to the doc you sent me, it is the exact same doc you created just uploaded to Google Drive. We are still putting the polish on the structure for contributors we will make an announcement once it's finished.

@tek Thanks I will try and remember to post forum names from now on.
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

Thanks tek, and sdevaney.
Taledus
android_version: 4.0

Post by Taledus »

WOW...3 of my ideas were discussed in the meeting... :D

There is a few things I would like to address however:
sdevaney wrote: TODO: Oskar: Add Taledus to list of authors in the game.
I am going to be added as an author? :shock:
sdevaney wrote: New tiles: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1977
Nice idea! It would be worth it to use these types of transitions. Memory issues by adding more tiles is a non-issue nowadays. It would require some work to go through the existing maps and convert them to using these tiles instead (since we wouldn’t want to keep the old way).
TODO: Oskar: check how we can combine these with clutter on top of them, so that the maps overall still look good.
Tile Issues (top post of page 3) discusses some of the issues I have run into developing these tiles. I can always make the necessary tiles to fill in the corners and stuff, but it might be better for me to just create "multi-path" types of tiles - paths like the current dirt path except using other tiles for paths. All I have to do is include the dirt T-section I edited and make some additional tiles that allow paths to be expanded, then copy the layer style to any number of additional tiles to be used for paths. Also, cliff edges need work (darker bottoms) so they actually stand out a bit better.
sdevaney wrote: A very interesting idea about structuring the submitted suggestions: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1958
Good idea! Nice work Taldeus! Let’s work with this.
TODO: Scott: Get the structure fully worked out.
I thought the structure was worked out (minus any changes dev's see that are needed) as far as the categories go. The only things I would need help on comes from the people that implement the ideas (quests/items/etc), or people that actually have created ideas, on a list of stuff to include so I can format an example sticky for clarification.
phydeaux
VIP
android_version: 5.1 - Lolipop
Location: Gargoyle cavern, blindly hacking mobs to pieces till I find a rols!

Post by phydeaux »

Btw, for oskar, and tek, for that matter, I think the cursor placement thing is a problem in the droid ui... Now that I've been paying attention to it, that happens in every app I've used that has an existing value when the input box opens...
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

phydeaux wrote:Btw, for oskar, and tek, for that matter, I think the cursor placement thing is a problem in the droid ui... Now that I've been paying attention to it, that happens in every app I've used that has an existing value when the input box opens...
Yeah it seems to be the way everything runs on my phone now that I'm looking for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison

Post by Antison »

phydeaux wrote:Btw, for oskar, and tek, for that matter, I think the cursor placement thing is a problem in the droid ui... Now that I've been paying attention to it, that happens in every app I've used that has an existing value when the input box opens...
I am going to take this conversion to the bug I reported as we are off topic here.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"