v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #13

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

2012-09-23
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Matthew White(Nyktos), Brent May(Pyrizzle), Ian Hasse(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:

Matthew:
* tried to visit the chat room more often...
*we had a lot of great brainstorm ideas last meeting that are being worked on.
*and... Collaborate anyone?

2. Completed since the last meeting:

v0.6.12a released. Summarized input so far? Anything we should change?
Graphical errors on some installs.
TODO: We need to find a way to reproduce this problem. (logcat)

Matthew: Maps from the game are being brought into the Gallery on our device, they should not do this. Thank you Kruncha!
TODO: Oskar: Create a file named “.nomedia” in the same directory as the worldmap png files.

3. Things that are being worked on:

Flare - http://flarerpg.org/
Also made with Tiled and a great open-source game. Maybe we should blog and have a main page too?

Explain changes to forums.
*~Dev. Corner Thread - Made Private.
[we can talk openly without worrying about public seeing things they don't want to]
People can apply...
*~Development Thread - Kept it Public (moved relevant threads from Dev. Corner)
[people who lightly contribute, or just want to talk can browse & post here - like normally]

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:

More AI - http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2078
Check document “Split, flee & heal logic”.

People want to know how evasion will be changed in regards to new mob AI.
TODO: Oskar: Could we change the monsters that outside of combat always move towards the player into not moving towards the player based on some % chance (that is based on evasion skill)

Combat bar animation - some people seem to not like it or toolbox.
TODO: Oskar: add a setting to disable all animations.

Show magnitude/duration shown on the actor condition icons.
Magnitude is the dangerous one, and more important to the player.

5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?

Matthew: An Agenda for Ian?
Ian will continue working on the road to Mount Galmore, with a swamp region (that ties into a quest that Matthew does), and some caves.

TODO:Scott: Generate logcat for graphics glitch.

Brainstorm:

How should we show the quickslot bar? Some people want to hide/show it by just one keypress.

TODO: Oskar: Check if we can create/find cobweb tiles for Ian. One tile with a circular cobweb and one tile with cobwebs that hang from the ceiling.

Idea: can we add an item stat that reduces AP cost of using items?

TODO: Oskar: check if we can add a darkness layer to maps (caves/dungeons), so that the map files don’t have to contain shadow-y tiles.

TODO: Oskar: Check if we can add skill levels by equipping items.

TODO: Oskar: Check if we can put {playername} in the item name.

Matthew:
*Skill Categories & Skill Trainers
*Possibly eliminate : “Dagger, Sword, Axe & Bludgeon Proficiencies”?
[ just those four skills, specifically... OR double the AC bonus & add an AD bonus?]

Option: make the fighting style skills have one of the itemtype skills as prerequisite.
Option: make the item type skills as quest rewards.
Option: connect this with the item usage somehow
Option: connect this with the kill stats of monster types somehow

TODO: Scott: look into some project mgmt software. We need to keep track of the things that we are working on, and the status of each “thing”.
Kruncha
android_version: 4.0

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #13

Post by Kruncha »

sdevaney wrote:Matthew: Thank you Kruncha!
After all you've done for us, you have the audacity to thank me?

shame on you :lol:

K.
Shadow is faster than light - how else can it get out of the way?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Yes, Thank you Kruncha!

This project has been brought to you by suggestions from players like you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
serj
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by serj »

I'm quite excited about this game, I like and play it quite a bit, one of the main reasons is because it does not have magic, mana, or that kind of thing that plagues most other RPGs. I believe that magic and such is satanic and evil... so I was really excited to find your game. In this regard, I would really be pleased if this stayed the case throughout the rest of the development of this game. Also, it would be nice to be able to cancel certain quests that we don't want to do, such as "Missing pieces". Thanks and I wish you the best with your development efforts.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

serj wrote:I'm quite excited about this game, I like and play it quite a bit, one of the main reasons is because it does not have magic, mana, or that kind of thing that plagues most other RPGs. I believe that magic and such is satanic and evil... so I was really excited to find your game. In this regard, I would really be pleased if this stayed the case throughout the rest of the development of this game. Also, it would be nice to be able to cancel certain quests that we don't want to do, such as "Missing pieces". Thanks and I wish you the best with your development efforts.
Hey Serj! Welcome to the forums!

Thank you for your kind words and imput! We look forward to hearing more from you on the forums. Welcome again!

-The firebug, Pyro

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!