Andor's Trail v0.6.12 is now released to Google Play. Please note that it might take several hours for the app to be propagated through the Google Play store to your device.
Compared to previous releases, this release does not add new content, but instead focuses on improving gameplay overall. One of the most requested features from you, the players, has been an in-game map of the world, and this release brings the first version of the new dynamically created worldmap. Additionally, UI animations and changes to the combat system are some of the highlights in this release. See below for a complete list of changes.
Changelog for v0.6.12:
- In-game worldmap.
- Actor effects are now triggered every combat round, and not just outside combat.
- New toolbox in lower-right hand corner.
- Magnitude displayed on active actor condition icons.
- Unarmed attack cost changed from 3AP to 4AP.
- Regeneration skill only applies when not adjacent to a monster.
- Inventories of vendors are maintained until the map respawns.
- UI animations (combat bar, toolbox, actor condition icons)
- Lots of conversation and fixes to misplaced tiles on maps.
- Lots of bugfixes!
- Added Japanese translation! (thanks surgecurrent!)
- Added Brazilian Portuguese translation! (thanks Mauro Carvalho Chehab!)
- Updated translation tool to accommodate in-place translation of strings. Major thanks to surgecurrent for the code!
- Updated Italian translation. (thanks Joker!)
- Updated Russian translation (thanks konstmih!)
- Updated German translation (thanks Samuel, Phoenixor and Tutar!)
Full changelog of things not mentioned above:
- Initial work on item categorization.
- Trigger actor effects every combat round.
- Displaying an actual worldmap in-game.
- Automatically save screenshots of maps to sd-card when visiting them.
- First version of replacing the hero icon with the toolbox drawer.
- Changed some UI icons to being color-indexed png files instead of rgb. (saves some bytes)
- Display magnitude on condition icons.
- Changed default unarmed attack cost to 4AP.
- Regeneration skill only applies when not adjacent to a monster.
- Added named areas (towns, taverns) to worldmap.
- Persistent inventories of vendors in savegame file. Restock merchants when map respawns.
- Provide whole stacktrace in log when a savegame fails to load.
- Use animations when changing visibility of the combat bar.
- Provide setting to disable UI animations, such as the combat bar.
- Move toolbox to lower right hand corner, replaces old "toggle quickitems" button.
- Refactored how item stats are applied to actors, in preparation of fighting style skills.
- Added sign areas to all graves, with a short message describing each tombstone/cross.
- Sell 50 bonemeal potions at a time, instead of 10.
- Smaller maps are now centered on the main view.
- Provide setting to disable confirmation dialog box when overwriting a savegame slot.
- Show slot number when prompting for confirmation about overwriting savegames.
- Bugfix: Populate the combat view correctly when loading games where the player has selected a movement destination in battle.
- Bugfix: do not start a new player turn when returning from inventory and AP=0. (Thanks to Drizzt for finding it!)
- Bugfix: do not move monsters around unnecessarily when loading savegames.
- Bugfix: more fixes to movement of blocked monsters when loading savegames.
- Bugfix: reset spawns on maps that have not been visited recently. This will shrink the savegame size to about a fifth of the previous sizes.
- Bugfix: do not give out rewards from conversation phrases when returning to the conversation activity. Rewards should only be applied when first visiting a phrase.
- Bugfix: do not reset NPCs on current map when resting.
- Bugfix: only parse maps on worldmap that are actually present as maps.
- Bugfix: respawn all maps after resting. (Thanks Nyktos for finding it!)
- Bugfix: Only add conversation phrase to conversation dialog once. (issue 317) (Thanks nether!)
- Bugfix: make sure that new rounds start at 6s after a combat has ended, and not something less than that.
- Bugfix: Make sure that all areas are respawned on the map where the player ends up on after getting killed.
- Minor spelling correction.
- Minor map and spelling corrections.
- Spelling correction to Talion's dialogue. (thanks Mino!)
- Several conversation spelling corrections (thanks Mino, Elyon, fiernaq, ctnbeh13).
- Lots of spelling corrections (thanks to Rtoo, and major thanks to Elyon!)
- Bugfix: Change places on the quest log rows for buying Lyson marrow, so that the price is stated correctly in the quest log.
- Updated description of rejuvenation skill to indicate that it only affects temporary conditions (thanks Mad P!)
- Updated conversation text for Umar in Fallhaven (issue 316) (thanks bluers0)
- Updated content editor so that it may use the new item categories.
- Updated TMX worldmap according to new maps in v0.6.11.
- Added "Connections" layer to TMX world map (thanks TheGleep!)
- Display images in lists in AndorsTrailEditor.
- Update image icons in left list when icon changes.
This release has been made possible by all of the hard work from both the development team and from the players that help alpha- and beta test and suggest improvements. I want to give out a very big thank you to everyone involved in making this release happen:
(in alphabetic order)
- Ian Haase
- Mad P
- Mauro Carvalho Chehab
- Everyone else that have commented on small or big issues in the alpha- and beta versions.
- Everyone that have suggested improvements that you would have liked to see done to make the game even better.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone that answered the public survey that we did a while ago, about what features you feel are important. The outcome of your answers have greatly helped shape the contents of this release, with the worldmap being the most popular request.
Given the popularity of both Android and Andor's Trail, we can safely say that this game is a huge success, and that what we do is greatly appreciated by a lot of people around the world. With this version we will likely see a lot more new players reach this forum and the project page. Not just from the new features, but also from the updated and new translations which enable even more people to have access to Andor's Trail in their own language. I am so proud to have the priviledge of being a part of this community on the forums. The energy and the amount of clever ideas that spring up on these forums is one of the major driving forces for the success of this project.
Let us now look forward on to what we can do in v0.7.0! We developers are really excited to start working on new content and additional features to further enhance the enjoyment for you players!
Let's make Andor's Trail one of the best RPGs on Android together.
Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ndorsTrail
Google Code Link: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list
Thank you all yet again!