Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #16

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #16
2012-11-04
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Matthew White(nyktos), Brent May(Pyrizzle)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Come and join the IRC channel.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
Celebrate v0.6.12 market release!

3. Things that are being worked on:
Go through issue list, forums, priority survey, etc. get a good idea of what all we want to include in v0.7.0 added and labeled in the task manager.

All changes need to be added to their appropriate documentation area. e.g. when using a grave marker it can now have a message.
TODO: Oskar & Scott: Go through the wiki pages and see what update relevant documentation.

Oskar is working on refactoring all properties that we store on actors - to allow future features like items that temporarily give you certain skill-points, or items that, when worn, affect the AP cost of using other items.

Matthew: Spiderwebs done.
I posted about half of them to get Ian’s opinion...http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2221

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
Quickslots close on screen orientation change.
TODO: Oskar That’s a bug. Create issue in issue tracker (on googlecode) about it. Look into a fix.

AT in Minecraft! - http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2205
Really cool! Will be interesting to see the next few maps!

[displaying AC & BC in %] ~ brought up again in forum
The attack chance roughly corresponds to the actual percentage of hitting a monster that thas 0% block chance. If you attack a monster that has a non-zero block chance, you’ll need more attack chance to hit it - hence the need for AC values over 100%.

tek wanted Oskar’s opinion on displaying monster’s current AP - http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?p=24781#p24781
TODO: Sure. We’ll show the monster’s current AP in the info dialog.

5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Stephen: Dialog/questlog for entrance for Laeroth.
Matthew: Plotpoints for garg-cave quests & alynddir. Collaborate with Brent on the dungeons.
Oskar: Finish actor refactoring. Finish thoughts on how we introduce weapon type skills.
Scott: Submit some more dialog. Work on more documentation.

Brainstorm:
Give maps an “area” property to break up world maps by some predetermined area so big places like BWM or other large structures can be viewed. Maybe only after finding the map of that area or exploration based.
There is a variant of this implemented in the game at the moment:
http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/s ... rldmap.xml
Would be cool to have buyable maps in the future, so that you can get a whole map section in advance (or require you to buy the map instead of visiting it, to view it)

The map issue seems to be a matter of geometry. Standardization of map sections, in a similar manner that the tiles are comprised of, could be established. Additionally, more than one screen that displays the current world map, should be possible to add, to display content that exists, but doesn't now fit. ~ SCS

Public dev hangout after 0.6.12 market release?
Prepare a list of topics that we can discuss. Both list of things that we want input on and things that we want to explain.
Preliminary the 25th Nov.
TODO: Dev group: get back to Scott about whether you are available on the 25th or not.

Have a meeting the Sunday following a release even if it is not the regular rotation.

Repeatable Quests - Keep finding Orimir for Leta?
The further away he is, the more XP you get...
We’d have to implement the possibility of affecting spawns and other NPCs in dialogue for this to work.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #16

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Stephen: Dialog/questlog for entrance to underground cavern ot Laeroth manor.
Matthew: Plotpoints for garg-cave quests & alynddir. Collaborate with Brent on the dungeons.
Oskar: Finish actor refactoring. Finish thoughts on how we introduce weapon type skills.
Brent: Work on creating more mini maps, comming up with ideas for Legendary & Extraordingary items, status effects, NPCs, etc. ( will be in touch with Matt on these)

Got a whoooole bunch of random notes and doodles for you guys at the next meeting (Ps next meeting i am having a coffee first so i'm not so sleepy :lol: )
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Pyrizzle wrote:
sdevaney wrote:5. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Stephen: Dialog/questlog for entrance to underground cavern ot Laeroth manor.
Brent: Work on creating more mini maps, comming up with ideas for Legendary & Extraordingary items, status effects, NPCs, etc. ( will be in touch with Matt on these)

Got a whoooole bunch of random notes and doodles for you guys at the next meeting (Ps next meeting i am having a coffee first so i'm not so sleepy :lol: )
Sorry! I blame it on not proofreading my post. :oops: Won't happen again.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:Sorry! I blame it on not proofreading my post. :oops: Won't happen again.
I can feel the love :lol: ;) :lol:

No worries. I'm here to help when i can. :)

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!