v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Two Year Anniversary

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Two Year Anniversary

Post by sdevaney »

Today marks the two year anniversary of the Andor’s Trail forum, and as a result, it has produced this wonderful community. In these two years the game and community have both come a long way and surpassed anything we ever imagined they would be.
In these two years we have had over 15,000 members join the forums, post over 15,000 threads, and almost 25,000 individual posts! We went from only having a couple maps to almost 300! From a few lines of dialogue about some bread and rats to over 5000 lines! From 25,000 downloads to over 400,000 all in the span of just two years.

Without all the support from everyone in the Andor's Trail community, the game would not be as great as it is today. We on the development team would like to give something back to you guys, as a token of our appreciation for all the great ideas, for all the good laughs, and for the helpfulness displayed by the community.

We'd like to give the following people our thanks, for doing one or more of the following things:
- Being extremely helpful in answering questions.
- Sharing lots of constructive ideas on ways to further enhance Andor's Trail.
- Having a positive and encouraging attitude.
- Promoting Andor's Trail. (Word of mouth is our best promotional tool.)

The following people (in no particular order) have been given VIP status on the forums:
- Sarumar
- Phydeaux
- Mino
- Samuel
- tek

So what does getting VIP status mean?
Well you get your username displayed in a nice shade of blue. Nifty!
You get access to a section of the forums just for VIP’s. (Currently exploding with content, containing a whole 1 thread and 5 posts :lol: ).
Anything else we can come up with. Let us know your ideas in the VIP section.
In our eyes every single member here is a VIP. There were a lot of other people that we considered, and it was an extremely tough choice to narrow the list down to only five.
Don’t worry If you didn't make it this time we are going to try and make this a twice a year event celebrating the community, doing it once in the winter and once in the summer.

Thank you everyone for all the support and love you guys bring to the community!

Let's continue to make Andor's Trail one of the best RPGs on Android together.
Warmest regards,
The Andor's Trail Dev Team
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Re: Two Year Anniversary

Post by Ian »

Cheers! *Takes a huge gulp of mead* :D
It's great to read that we've reached the two year anniversary! Imagine, what we've craeted in these two years, how fast AT developed to a rather popular game! And the forum is growing all the time! So many people made a contribute to AT by creating new content, helpinng other people if they needed help...
Again, I think, AT has become better and better and I wish that it'll become even more popular, has even more content...
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

:shock: ... humble thanks, I'm flattered and surprised that my small part here (with a lots of major spelling and grammar mistakes).... is noticed and rewarded like this :oops:

Long live the AT and the devs behind it !
Last edited by Sarumar on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Thank you for the VIP status.

Recently I have been busy with my 2 kids. But today I had an successful AT session in the waiting room of the doctor: 1 Legendary (the ugly to get RoL) and 2 Extraordinary items (mf2)! So my second IF-character only needs 2 Extraordinary items for the set of all items.

Looking forward for the upcomming version.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

I am honored to be bestowed with this title. I will be honest, I've wanted this ever sense the VIP key appeared at the bottom of the main page of the forum. I am not exactly sure why as I know it means so little in the grand scheme of life, but I wanted to be recognized for my contributions to this forum and to this great game we call Andor's Trail. I love this community as much as I do the game and because I have not written a single line of source code for it (and I most certainly have the skill set to) I have felt for a very long time that I needed to contribute in other ways. I have and will continue to do so. I always enjoy seeing my name in the credits list after each Google Play market release for my contributions to QA testing. This is not for the reason of self glorification but for the sense of inclusion I gain for being a part of such a great project.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

tek wrote: I am honored to be bestowed with this title. I will be honest, I've wanted this ever sense the VIP key appeared at the bottom of the main page of the forum. I am not exactly sure why as I know it means so little in the grand scheme of life, but I wanted to be recognized for my contributions to this forum and to this great game we call Andor's Trail. I love this community as much as I do the game and because I have not written a single line of source code for it (and I most certainly have the skill set to) I have felt for a very long time that I needed to contribute in other ways. I have and will continue to do so. I always enjoy seeing my name in the credits list after each Google Play market release for my contributions to QA testing. This is not for the reason of self glorification but for the sense of inclusion I gain for being a part of such a great project.
I love your posts and your attidude... becauce you say directly and honestly what you think... it is really rare nowadays...

good hunting, my friend
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

A very big congratulations to all of you. Thank you all so much for your contributions!

We are blessed to have such a great forum community!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

A big thank you to the dev team, I too am very honored by the VIP status. This has been my favorite forum to visit over the past couple years and I look forward to being part off it for years to come.

It's so fun comparing notes on strategies , equipment, and builds and helping newer players with the very questions I once had. And special thanks to VIP Sarumar for coming up with the decathalon to add extra stuff to do in the game outside of quests, searching for rare items or leveling up.

And I love the blue :D
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

I tried to be jealous ;) , but honestly I couldn't!
All of you VIPs, you make this forum a nice place to be.
And, by doing that, you make this game even more special.

There may be days when I don't play AT, but a day without the forums is really rare.
That's thanks to you, guys!
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I hope to see you added the next time possible Mad P.
your level 5 adventures were always fun to read.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18