Too late! It's already the best!oskarwiksten wrote:Another major milestone on the road towards v1.0.0 has been reached today!
Andor's Trail v0.7.0 is now released to Google Play. Please note that it might take several hours for the app to be propagated through the Google Play store to your device.
This is by far the largest updates to-date, with new specialization skills, NPCs and long awaited changes to some core features. Almost one and a half thousand lines of new dialogue and several new major quests are some of the highlights.
In addition to what's visible for the players, this release also contains some undoubtedly positive major changes to the backend code and game engine, in switching from our previous custom resource format into having resources as json, and translations as PO files.
Changelog for v0.7.0:
Full changelog of things not mentioned above:
- 95 new maps, up to a total of 379 (Major thanks to Ian!)
- 9 new quests, including an update to the main story-line
- 167 new monsters & NPCs
- 97 new items
- ~1500 lines of dialogue, up to a total of ~7500.
- 16 new skills
- Certain NPCs that can teach skills
- Dual-wielding weapons
- Two-handed weapons
- Fighting style specialization
- Certain monsters that can move towards the player during combat
- Scrollable combat log
- Increased exp reward for most quests tenfold. (thanks to jrozek!)
- Food now heals more in total, but does so over time instead of instantaneously.
- Show quest progress updates in conversation.
- Resource files as json instead of our previous custom format.
- Translations now use a standardized format.
- Major overhaul to the content editor.
- Lots of fixes for tiles and alignment issues on worldmap. (thanks to TomCat!)
- Lots of gameplay bugfixes!This release has been made possible by all of the hard work from both the development team and from the players that help with testing and with suggesting improvements. I want to give out a very big thank you to everyone involved in making this release happen:
(in alphabetic order)
- Ian Haase
- Everyone else that have commented on small or big issues in the alpha-versions.
- Everyone that have suggested improvements that you would have liked to see done to make the game even better.
Given the popularity of both Android and Andor's Trail, we can safely say that this game is a huge success, and that what we do is greatly appreciated by a lot of people around the world. I am so proud to have the privilege of being a part of the community that we've built up on our forums. The energy and the amount of clever ideas that spring up on the forums is one of the major driving forces for the success of this project.
Let us now look forward on to what we can do in the next version. We in the development team are really excited to start working on new content and additional features to further enhance the enjoyment for you players!
Let's make Andor's Trail one of the best RPGs on Android together.
Google Play Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ndorsTrail
Google Code Link: http://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/downloads/list
Translations on Launchpad: https://translations.launchpad.net/andors-trail/trunk
Code on Github: https://github.com/oskarwiksten/andors-trail
/Andor's Trail dev team
A big cheers for the awesome development team! I love you guys! Interesting that there are 379 new maps as I've only found 377 so far. Hmmmm, interesting.