v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #33

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #33

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #33
2013-07-28
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Ian Haase(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Go over previous meetings TODO’s.

TODO:Oskar: Send calendar invite for preparing a prio list. Friday/Saturday/Sunday?

2. Completed since the last meeting:
v0.7.0 released. Code pushed to Google Code & Github.

Online translation website available:
https://translations.launchpad.net/andors-trail/trunk

New features since last meeting:
- Add quest "Taste is everything" for making antidotes
- Map tile alignment tweaking (thanks Tomcat!)
- Change hard hit to 0-2 dmg instead of 1-1.
- Changing all const ints to enums, making the json resource files much easier to read
for example, actorconditions
category: 1
is now represented as
category: mental
instead.
- Minor bugfixes
- Slightly shorter setting names for "Show loot dialog" (thanks Tomcat!)
- Add bars to the Charwood mine entrance when the player first visits (Thanks Pyrizzle!)
- Update v070 maps & conversations after the Hirazinn has been killed (thanks Ian & Tom!)

3. Things that are being worked on:
Tom: Worldmap alignment
Tom: BWM alignment & Stoutford
Ian: Mount Galmore & Undertell

Oskar: Would like to finish maps for Brimhaven

Status of Elythara quest?
Let’s try to finish the content parts that are left, so that the players can see this nice new quest soon. Input from Meirerion would be nice, but might not be needed.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
There might be a bug that makes you unable to attack sometimes. It turns out that nothing happens when you click the screen? Very hard to reproduce?
TODO: Oskar: Investigate

Might be a bug where you get 0 hp but not die. Might be caused by an actor condition at the same time that you get hit by a monster.
TODO: Oskar: Investigate

Somebody should update the wiki concerning mapmaking(old screenshots, old links):
https://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/w/list
Maybe connect wiki with googlecode wiki by links to AT wiki? + add
http://andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... map_editor
to googlecode wiki
TODO: Ian: Update the wiki on at.com
TODO: Oskar: Redirect / link to at.com wiki from googlecode wiki

Item categorization/grouping: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3942
New features requested in list of items:
- Sort items by alphabetical name
- Group items in list by type
- Expandable list (like the questlist) grouped by different headings
- “Favourite” items
Nice ideas! Would be awesome features to have.

Activation tile: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3984
We can do quests that aren’t shown in the questlog today. We could use one of those hidden quests for a tile like this. Even today, we could implement this as a tile with a “sign” area , that pops up a dialog saying “haha, you stepped on a trap!”, which in turn gives a quest update that also updates the map.

Would like to be able to give actor conditions from tiles, without having to pop up a conversation.

Please update content more often, not just right before release. (Like it was done in the past)
We’ll try to update as soon as things are done. Some things are still works in progress.

Change the format of sourcecode download? maybe to 7z or zip or tar but not tar.bz2
Github actually offers on-the-fly zip file downloads:
https://github.com/oskarwiksten/andors-trail
(click the “download zip” on the lower right hand side)
.tar.bz2 can handle chmod permissions on unix-files, which zip cannot.

Project is hosted through Git now, so we need to edit the subversion tutorial: no svn needed anymore?
We should really update that. We should probably also update the tutorial to show “Android Studio” instead of Eclipse.

Inventory management: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3985
Would be nicely handled by the ideas mentioned above in “Item categorization/grouping”.

6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Oskar: Gather gross list of features that we can do in the future. Prepare for player survey. Playing around with code for making one-time offensive items.

Ian: Update “new maps” topic. Update wiki pages (mapmaking first, then other pages as well probably).
Thystonius
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #33

Post by Thystonius »

The amount of different potions I have is making every potion maker jealous! I'd love to have a sable pouch (and why do we still have no belt, grrrrrr) so I can stuff away all potions in one container.

But if we can sort our inventory, that's already a major improvement. Everytime I find some R/E/L item that I want to keep I am placing a load of items piece by piece to the top to keep my inventory sorted :-)
Lvl 74|XP 7,280,442|€ 364,324|2013.08.27
HP 229|AC 238%|AD 46-55|AP 3|ECC 25%|CM 3.0|BC 140%|DR 10|SR
RoLS 2|ElyR 1|RoL 0|ChaR 0|GoLF 1|ShaF 1|SRoV 0|VSH 0|WMC 0|GoW 0
WA 1|HH 1|Clv 1|BS 5|CS 2|CE 1|IF 5|Reg 1|DPS 1|DP 1|SP 2|LAP 1
sorrow
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by sorrow »

I brought this idea up in a topic but get yelled at because it was for temporary organization of the inventory and my idea was a permanent fix. I proposed that the inventory be made up of drop screens holding different items example on screen label weapons contain only weapons another potions containing all potions food under food ect. The way it would work is you select lets say weapons then a.menu will pop up or drop down a list of.all weapons you have.

Could this be possible to add to the game?

Edit…………

Can what is being talked about in this topic be wanted or.even added in the game?

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4018

Sorrow
Lvl:80 XP:9214038 Gold:1mil Hp:243 AC:301 Ad:28-49 Ch:21 Cm:2.0 Ecc:15 BC:148 Dr:3

skills:
WA:2. HH:2. CS:2. TH:2 QL:2 IF:2 REG:2 MF:5 DBS:1 2HSP:1 LAP:2 HAP:1 SREG:1
L/E
CHAR:1 ROLS:1 ELYR:1 GOLF:1 SHAF: 1
nether
android_version: 3.1 - Honeycomb

Post by nether »

sdevaney wrote: Status of Elythara quest?
Let’s try to finish the content parts that are left, so that the players can see this nice new quest soon. Input from Meirerion would be nice, but might not be needed.

On the topic on Elythara, do you remember a PM I sent you a while back sdevaney about a quest idea I had? It wasn't fully fleshed out, but now that I'm back I'd like to finish it soon with hopes that it could be implemented. I looked at Merierion's quest and I thought that the two could fit together nicely. I can send you the message again with the quest details if needed, or make a seperate thread for it.
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

nether wrote:

On the topic on Elythara, do you remember a PM I sent you a while back sdevaney about a quest idea I had? It wasn't fully fleshed out, but now that I'm back I'd like to finish it soon with hopes that it could be implemented. I looked at Merierion's quest and I thought that the two could fit together nicely. I can send you the message again with the quest details if needed, or make a seperate thread for it.
Make a thread, looking forward to seeing how they can come together.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Post by cccd3cpt »

One thing about the github over google code. I find the new repo hosting a lot nicer. Plus the project page maker is really useful.

Maybe Scott or Oskar would want to look into making a project site (aside from the forums) for the repo for android?

Here's what we've made for the BlackBerry source:

http://uzahoor10.github.io/andors-trail/
sdevaney
Site Admin

Post by sdevaney »

Hmmm I will look into that, thanks.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

nether wrote:

I look forward to seeing the light that you bring upon this land which has been lost into a permanent shadow. +1 if you need any help fleshing the quests out just ask! =)

May Her light guide you adventurer!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------