v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #37

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #37

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #37
2013-10-06
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Ian Haase(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Go over previous meetings TODO’s. - Yay all done.

Perhaps until the forum login and/or member posting issue is fully resolved regarding being blocked by reason of a member having an IP address that has become associated with spamming, we could offer the members the option of learning more about the issue, as well as the opportunity to help resolve it. One method might be to share the following link on the forum?: http://www.projecthoneypot.org/search_ip.php (SCS)

2. Completed since the last meeting:
Ian: Creating transition updating tilesets for more variation. Looks very nice.

Tom: Working on Stoutford area and tunnel to Mt. Galmore

3. Things that are being worked on:
switching AT email to Gapps for a test to see what all we can benefit from the apps platform.

Russian translation at 100% ! Awesome work by dromoz and Paul Sulemenkov.

TODO: Oskar: Send Russian translator’s emails to Scott
TODO: Scott: Set up ACL on wiki so that the Russian translation guide can be handled by dromoz and Paul.

Zukero added some excellent code to make key areas use the same requirement types as we have in conversations, instead of just allowing quest progress.

Scott: Working on ‘not a spammer’ help for people’s IP who get blocked. In pre-alpha testing.

Stan working on finishing the last few parts on the Elythara quest.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:

Good points about releasing translations: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 750#p41750
Anything else we should squeeze into a minor release?
TODO: Oskar: Check with Tom about map alignment stuff that we should include

Ian:
Bug about combat log: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... =10#p41814
Monsters might get double attacks?
Might be fixed in Git master right now.
TODO: Any developer: Investigate/reproduce it

What about a strong poison or major fatigue actorcondition?
In the future we will have stronger actorconditions.

Android Studio: Some people like me are struggling with the tutorial + launching the emulator takes ages
Tip: Try deploying to your actual device instead, they’re much faster. Otherwise, there’s something called “native images” in the Android SDK that should speed up the emulator a lot.

I have produced two logcat outputs for the unable to attack bug:
https://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/ ... %20Summary
Might actually be fixed already in Git master.

5. Open Discussion:
I was wanting to start a topic/thread on the forum titled something like "Photos of Your Local Area" to instill a greater sense of community within the forum. As the players are from all over the globe, it's hard to believe that the members don't have something beautiful to share from the area around which they live. Preferably, I believe it would be nice to see images that the poster took themselves. :-D (SCS)

6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Oskar: Get Zukero’s latest pull request merged (replacing object areas).
Oskar: TODO: Compile and distribute v0.7.1a1 (contains only translation updates).

Ian: Some work on Mt. Galmore

Scott: Getting TaskFreak up on the new server. More work on the spamming detection.

Stephen: Compare notes with Ian, and/or review current map content for Laeroth Manor and surrounding area. Catch up with Matthew regarding reorganizing forum content that pertains to content submission to be located under one heading. Alternatively, reach out to Brent regarding the same.
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #37

Post by tom1250tom »

Hi I am so greatly in love with andor's trail it's not even funny! I am a canadian originally from b.c. But am in ontario now training in the canadian military as a materials technician (welding, sewing, fabrication, exc.) I love the game!
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Thanks for sharing your appreciation of the game. While many may mock the Canadian military forces, it's most likely due to their ignorance of its training and weaponry. Your government probably has the most advanced high-tech ship afloat. Glad you're one of our allies. :)
One of even fewer...
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Thanks for sharing your appreciation of the game. While many may mock the Canadian military forces, it's most likely due to their ignorance of its training and weaponry. Your government probably has the most advanced high-tech ship afloat. Glad you're one of our allies. :)
Canada has also made some amazing contribution to the International Space Station as well.

Back on topic, looking foward to seeing the Eylthara questline put in (it looks/sounds interesting), Mt. Galmore sounds like it is going to be challenging and fun, but I don't know much about the makings of Stoutford, is there a link or project page I can look into it more? Overall nice progress, looking foward to reading report #38!
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

sdevaney wrote:
5. Open Discussion:
I was wanting to start a topic/thread on the forum titled something like "Photos of Your Local Area" to instill a greater sense of community within the forum. As the players are from all over the globe, it's hard to believe that the members don't have something beautiful to share from the area around which they live. Preferably, I believe it would be nice to see images that the poster took themselves. :-D (SCS)
Then you might enjoy this thread sir.

Link: The View
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Yes, this was pretty close to what I had in mind. I brought it up in the meeting today before posting so that I had a chance to get the details regarding any limitations on the new server, and verify that it wasn't restricted in terms of bandwidth or storage, as a server set up at someone's home might encounter. Since this is not the case (no limitations), then this will not pose a problem. I don't think anyone was aware at the time that the topic you provided the link to existed. Thanks for that.

I will follow up with you one way or another regarding the other matter, at some point in the near future. Until then...
One of even fewer...
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

ctnbeh13 wrote:Yes, this was pretty close to what I had in mind. I brought it up in the meeting today before posting so that I had a chance to get the details regarding any limitations on the new server, and verify that it wasn't restricted in terms of bandwidth or storage, as a server set up at someone's home might encounter. Since this is not the case (no limitations), then this will not pose a problem. I don't think anyone was aware at the time that the topic you provided the link to existed. Thanks for that.

I will follow up with you one way or another regarding the other matter, at some point in the near future. Until then...
You are very welcome my friend, but i cannot take all the credit. The wonderful Boots-nz was the one who started the thread. ;)

I'm am here to guide people along their way. =)

Happy hunting everyone!

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!