v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #38

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #38

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting 38
2013-10-20
Present: Oskar Wiksten(oskar.wiksten), Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Ian Haase(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Go over previous meetings TODO’s.- Almost all completed.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
TaskFreak up and running - Everyone (dev group) check your logins.

Russian translation guidelines:
http://www.andorstrail.com/wiki/doku.ph ... guidelines

Bugfix: partially black screen in combat after visiting hero overview screen

Bugfix: combat hangs after accessing combat log during monster’s turn

3. Things that are being worked on:
Priority survey results organized and posted.

Start of Winter 2013 Community VIP selections.

Elythara quest is playable! (several bugs left though)

Ian: Mt. Galmore maps are being worked on.

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
New early stage healing:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4297
Option 1: add more NPCs that can turn monster ingredients into beginner potions
Option 2: add a small initial hp boost to beginner “heal-over-time” items, in addition to their heal over time capability.
Option 3: Meat cooking
Option 4: Add more new beginner items that can give instantaneous hp boost.
TODO: Scott: do a poll about these options.

Zukero proposes AT scripting language:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4315
Very interesting!

5. Open Discussion:
Version 0.7.1a release “soon”.
TODO: Oskar: Compile and release to forums (even before Elythara quest is completed).

6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?
Ian: Working on Mt. Galmore

Scott: Get with Oskar about the priority survey.

Stephen: Continuation of Laeroth Manor area content & forum material.

Oskar: Release v0.7.1a1 to forums. Supporting more upcoming poll requests.
TODO: Oskar: Send Brimhaven maps to Ian.
cccd3cpt
android_version: 4.2

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #38

Post by cccd3cpt »

sdevaney wrote: Zukero proposes AT scripting language:
Very interesting!
Just a heads-up Scott, general public can't view that thread.
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Greetings all,

The "Developers" section of the forum is viewable to all who visit the forum. The "Development Corner" is only accessible to forum members who are logged in and also have requested, and been added to the "Developers" group.

If you enter your "User Control Panel", you should find "Usergroups" under the "Options" heading. It is from there that you may request access to the "Development Corner" section of the forum. It is intentional that this area is reserved for limited content and access to help keep the section more organized (for one reason).

Although the meetings follow an agenda of outlined material and ideas to cover at each meeting that are usually added to by the participants prior to the next meeting, there is also a fair amount of discussion that develops throughout our exchange of information and ideas. Many topics, either out of respect for privacy, or may be contingent upon further research, and therefore pending, are not items of information shared publicly.
One of even fewer...
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Yeah I posted that in the dev corner because I wanted the opinion of active contributors. It can be moved in the developers section if desired...
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
tom1250tom
android_version: 4.3

Post by tom1250tom »

When can we, the general public, be expecting new quests to be playable?
GO FORTH AND GROW STRONG!
Lv:60
Hp:158
Exp:3949999
AP:3/12
AC:263%
AD: 27-44%
ChS:20
Block:134%
Dr:8
RoLS:2
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

We are working on the next update (When we find free time to do so) but at this time there is no set date for release.

Happy hunting adventurer!
-Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Zukero I can't wait to see where you get with this scripting engine! Very exciting stuff :)
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

uzahoor10 [SA] wrote:
sdevaney wrote: Zukero proposes AT scripting language:
Very interesting!
Just a heads-up Scott, general public can't view that thread.
Everyone should now be able to view the Development Corner, just not post in it.

If you don't like spoilers, read at your own risk.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Post by Zukero »

Ouch. Would it be possible to add a VERY visible notice about spoilers on this section ?
I'm afraid some people will be heavily spoiled by the content of this section regardless of precautions. ..

About the scripting engine, I posted a first proof of concept version in my github repo for those interested.

Edit. : I noticed some people posted more or less personal info on the dev corner (G+ profile & real name for example), and I think it would be a bad privacy practice to make it publicly viewable again. Actually, I would post my G+ profile too in there if it were to turn private once and for all. However, I have no objections to my thread being moved to "Developers" instead of "Dev corner".
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
cccd3cpt

Post by cccd3cpt »

Zukero wrote: About the scripting engine, I posted a first proof of concept version in my github repo for those interested.
Yeup saw it there (Github) that's why I'm so excited. Looks very legit. Can't wait till you have it up and running. And as pyro said in the reply, I'd also be willing to learn and add to my programming knowledge.
Zukero wrote: Edit. : I noticed some people posted more or less personal info on the dev corner (G+ profile & real name for example), and I think it would be a bad privacy practice to make it publicly viewable again. Actually, I would post my G+ profile too in there if it were to turn private once and for all. However, I have no objections to my thread being moved to "Developers" instead of "Dev corner".
Haven't really had a look into the 'Dev corner' but maybe people how have access should take a vote? I was just pointing out that we couldn't see the thread (lol, I wanted to read in because it sounds super interesting) and as Zukero suggested maybe you guys should just move the thread. Then again, even that's not really that necessary, esp. if you follow Zukero's work on GH.

Once again love the idea, shoot me a PM Zukero if you need testers\guinea pigs ;)