v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #45

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #45

Post by sdevaney »

Andor’s Trail Project Meeting #45
2014-03-23
Present: Scott Devaney(sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker(ctnbeh13), Ian Haase(Ian)

1. Follow-up from last meeting:
Go over previous meetings TODO’s.

2. Completed since the last meeting:
Ian: Added the “Replace” object layer to the template and edited the wiki

Status of new areas:
Stoutford - Maps, NPC, Mobs done. Only thing left, quests.
Pre-Galmore area: Maps
Mt. Galmore - In progress
Undertell - Maps

3. Things that are being worked on:
Google killed Gcode Downloads page. Will look into using Drive instead.

BB 0.7.1 save issues? - Fixed with update.

New translation software? https://code.google.com/p/narro/

Stoutford area/quests, Elythara quest, and Lodar Passage are the focus of v0.7.2

4. Discussion of some forum threads/posts that people have found interesting, or want clarification on, or maybe a question answered:
Hero banter - http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4637
That’s a nice idea. We will try to include it sooner or later.

I think we had this discussion before but we should definitely change Hard Hit:
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4437
Discussing change it to a minimum damage of 1 and a maximum of 2. Might be included in v0.7.2.

Make original mining tunnel in Prim mine walkable by using bombs or something like that?
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4438&p
Ian: Will place dynamite around the rocks blocking the path to the other side → There will be a quest in which the player has to light the dynamite. Hopefully will be included in v0.7.2.

Highwayman should hunt you down by changing his AI.
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4650
Will be included in v0.7.2.

Forum User Control Panel's Android OS version selection doesn't include Kit Kat.
http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4657
Update done!

5. Open Discussion:
n/a

6. What should we have ready for the next meeting?

Ian: Go on drawing Mt. Galmore maps
Scott: Stoutford side quests/Oasis dialogue.
Stephen: Manor quest.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #45

Post by Antison »

Looks like some really intriguing ideas are coming in 0.7.2!

Where's Oskar been for these meetings? I've noticed his absence from the last few meetings.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Flaming
android_version: 8.0

Post by Flaming »

Yay. Some of my insane asylum ideas got recognised. And I thought that I was a nut. :lol:

Good job guys. Sorry that I cant contribute. :?

Ps. I wrote this on an extremely primitave device. The nintendo dsi xl! How in the world does this work?
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
casto
android_version: 4.2

Post by casto »

Ad 3. New translation software - on the current v0.7.1 on android
- i had to change to english (don't get me wrong i have no problem with english), when i instaled, i was kinda suprised for an app to come in polish translation but it has some drowbacks - it did not translate everything, so i got sometimes one sentence in english and the anwser in polish.
For me no problem, but if you want to get ppl from around the world to play it, you should make it work more efficent, coz not everyone knows english.
Ad 4. Hero banter - great idea! Makes your hero more human ... if u know what i mean.
Hard hit - the 2 dmg points bonus is good, no chance im going to use it, if it is 1-2, skill points are too valuable to do that. Still even 2 dmg, personaly i find it week (beter use 2x lvl bonus).
Ad 5. Any chance for some "lets glue the whole story" quests? A lot of times i find myself with no idea where to go next, not with the quests but generaly, like now im on lvl 21, most of the q are done (exept the ones i saw on the forum to be uncompleted) and no idea where to go now.
And btw the q that the woodchoopers give, to kill some bees, i did it and to my suprise ... no reward :( only the option tu buy some crappy stuff. That was sad moment, coz i tried so hard to kill them (i was lvl 17 and it was tought fight).

But anyway, great game, keep the project running. :)
Lvl: 33, XP: 636505, Gold: 5462, RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 75, AC: 243%, AD: 29-35, AP: 3, ECC: 29%, CM: 3, BC: 56%, DR: 2
BillBraskeyOMG
android_version: 4.0

Post by BillBraskeyOMG »

Thanks! Found this game a couple months ago and love it :)
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Welcome to the Forums Bill! Feel free to cruise through the topics and if you have any thing to add please feel free.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
fullesky
android_version: 4.3

Post by fullesky »

Just like to say hi and thanks for a great game looking forward to next update is there any idea of timing yet
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

fullesky wrote:Just like to say hi and thanks for a great game looking forward to next update is there any idea of timing yet
Unfortunately we usually don't get a firm date on when an update will be released (especially so close to another update that was released). The Devs are not paid and build the game in their spare time. On top of that they only put out an update once it is done if it is not completed then they will not release it which can lead to longer wait times.

Welcome to the forums!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.