v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Changes in the AT development team.

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Changes in the AT development team.

Post by Zukero »

As you may have read before elsewhere, this year has started out as one of change for many of us. Oskar has decided to delegate more of the responsibilities involving development and production to the rest of us on the team, allowing him to concentrate more on his own efforts.

As the development is a process of a group effort itself, when life presents additional challenges and/or responsibilities for us, a fluctuation in our individual productivity naturally occurs. This has attributed to nyktos' involvement and availability, which led to Pyrizzle taking the Lead Moderator position, and Kevin (Zukero) volunteering to help with forum moderation in addition to his services on the development team, as well as taking up the reigns to lead in coding/programming Andor's Trail. Pyrizzle has also received a promotion where he is employed, and (for those of you who monitor such things) will consequently be adjusting to the additional responsibilities associated, leaving a little less time available for forum presence.

sdevaney, Ian, ctnbeh13 and Zukero have continued to hold and attend regular team meetings, and will continue to do so, working together with the community, and those committed to specific elements of content, towards 1.0. We have received Oskar's confirmation to keep moving forward, and ensure Andor's Trail continues to thrive, with updates and new content. It is our goal and intention to do so.

These are the highlights of significant changes, but they will not detract from the production, nor the quality of the future of Andor's Trail and its development.

Yours Respectfully,
The Development Team
Tulkas
android_version: 4.0

Re: Changes in the AT development team.

Post by Tulkas »

So does this been that Oskar is moving on (passing the torch) and no longer developing the game?
Lvl: 196, XP: 13,700,094, Gold: 1,447,699, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 12, VSH: 6, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
HP: 1081, AC: 400, AD: 106-122, AP: 4, ECC: 39%, CM: 5.75, BC: 213%, DR: 4
ctnbeh13
VIP
android_version: 11 - Android 11

Post by ctnbeh13 »

Tulkas,

I believe the best way to express the situation is to describe it as a hiatus. People sometimes return from one, sometimes they don't. Only time will tell...
One of even fewer...
gjw
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by gjw »

I know from experience how much developing a game of this nature can impact and take over your real life. Taking a break when you need to is much better than letting the game break you!

With a good rotation of the dev team and a strong audience of many new players as well as a huge number of experienced players the game in my mind is still in good hands for the future and for me is still one of the best mobile games around (and i have seen a few!).

I wish Oskar the best of luck as well as the new team!
Barracuda777
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Barracuda777 »

I don't care who is developing Andors Trail to be honest.

I just care that the snails pace speeds up a little and Blackberry 10 gets a little more love!
Flaming

Post by Flaming »

Barracuda777 wrote:I don't care who is developing Andors Trail to be honest.

I just care that the snails pace speeds up a little and Blackberry 10 gets a little more love!
To be blunt,

MOAR CONTENT!!! XD
Im joking, take your time.
RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0, SRoV: 0, VSH: 0, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Barracuda777 wrote:I don't care who is developing Andors Trail to be honest.
I very much do! Oskar has proven quality over the 3+ years of this project.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Well, Antison, I hope that we will be up to your expectations !
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

I'm sorry to see you go, it is a loss for AT. I also want to thank you for the contributions you have made to the game though. You helped create, IMO, the best rpg on Android :)
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

Sad news :(. Thanks you for all.
I hope that AT doesn't die slowly.