v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #50

Official news about Andor's Trail.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Date: 2014-07-27
Present: Stephen Stalnaker (ctnbeh13), Ian Haase (Ian), Kevin Pochat (Zukero)
Guests: none

1. The Project
This chapter is focusing on the team, the community, the tools, the process.

The team is progressing well, while navigating recent changes. Kevin has been designing (coding) new tools and utilities for the team, to streamline and improve the development process in-house. ~ SCS

1.1 News/Events
A list of facts that occurred since last meeting. This is where we can report events like availability of new tools/processes for the dev team. The result of work achieved can be announced here.

Document template updated to be simpler. --Kevin.

1.2 Discussed in the meeting
Before the meeting we can raise the points we want to discuss in this section, eventually providing links. Below each of these points, we summarize the opinion of each present member on the topic. Someone that will miss the meeting can still provide his opinion this way so that the others know when the meeting comes. The conclusion of each discussion is given in one of the next two sections.

How about relaxing the forum rule about double posting? It’s not in the forum rules announcement anyway. I think that when someone adds useful content more than 24 hours later than his last post, seeing it marked as an “unread post” is useful. --Kevin
Kevin: add criterias in the forum rules: “A new post cannot be made earlier than 24 hours after the first, and must contain new useful information. No bumping allowed. The moderators can apply this rule at their own discretion. No complaining allowed.”
Ian: agreed
Stephen: “This change has merit!”

1.3 Questions for the community
When we decide on asking the community about something we discussed, we reference the question here, along with a link to the related topic/poll.

1.4 Open votes & decisions
In this section, we take note of “set-in-the-stone” decisions, and questions that we need to think about in order to take a decision at the next meeting.

2. The Game
This chapter is focusing on the game rules, the code capabilities... basically the game design AND the game content (quests, maps, dialogues, skills, NPCs, the storyline…). Same inner layout and function as chapter 1.

2.1 News/Events

Ian: Created Blackwater Mountain fix which makes it possible to view this area in the world map where all the other outdoor maps are displayed.
Ian: Is working on a small alignment for the mountain cave on the way to Remgard.

2.2 Discussed in the meeting

New maps made by noamik! https://github.com/noamik/andors-trail/ ... water-city http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4785
Kevin: Looking good, but maybe not quite in line with the AT style. I will reply with full comments in his forum thread.

One phrase is "That place twists your mind. I tell you, don't go there, even if you think you do!", which obviously should be either "That place twists your mind. I tell you, you don't want to go there, even if you think you do!", or "That place twists your mind. I tell you, don't go there, even if you think you want to!" IMO the first option is better.
Kevin: Agreed. I like this one: "That place twists your mind. I tell you, don't go there, even if you think you want to!"
Ian: Is going to change this.
Stephen: How about changing “do” to “must”, to read “...even if you think you must!"?

Show that a monster is inflicted with an actorcondition: (already brought up idea)
http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4783
Ian: It’s a great idea but we don't know yet how to introduce it.
Kevin: Why not, but some thoughts must be given to it as to how to design it (mockups…).
Stephen: Sounds good. Probably needs consideration for the in-game notification dialogue display to be complimentary.

Can’t download the v.0.7.0 apk from the Google Code page because of a problem with Google Drive: https://code.google.com/p/andors-trail/ ... loads?tm=2
v0.7.1 is needed there too, both APK and sources snapshot.
Kevin: Check with Scott as he is the “Owner” of the GCode project.
Scott 7/29 - Should be updated to 7.1 now.

We should add some more legendary items (about 2) which have got appropriate stats compared to the most powerful items of v.0.7
And maybe 1 extraordinary item should be added as well
Kevin: One armor and one pair of boots should be great. One legendary, one extraordinary.
Ian: We need to add items we haven’t already introduced as rare items → definitely not weapons!
Stephen: Suggested revisiting the proposal to add new equipable items to the GUI display to allow for such new items as bracers, belt, etc [(to be considered for the new GUI mockup(s)].
Ian: Generally it’s a good idea but for now we have to focus on creating content for v.0.7.2.
Kevin: ATM, I’m not for the inclusion of new inventory slots.

2.3 Questions for the community

2.4 Open votes & decisions

3. The Bugs
What we have to say about how we messed up. This is getting pretty obvious huh ?

3.1 News/Events

Attack button AP refresh bug: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4779
Fixed, pushed to Google Code.

Screen rotation in the preferences screen & localization option bug: http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4673
A bug in the current Android emulator prevents screen rotation from working in the emulator, making issue analysis difficult.

3.2 Discussed in the meeting

3.3 Questions for the community

3.4 Open votes & decisions.

4. The Rest

4.1 News/Events

Kevin working on a desktop version of the AT content editor.

4.2 Discussed in the meeting

4.3 Questions for the community

4.4 Open votes & decisions.

5. The Future
This chapter details our current roadmap, and, if nothing happens between two meetings, can be copied over from one doc to the next one.

5.1 Planned team members activities
Each team member details what his/her plans are before next meeting. Like a ToDo list.
Kevin: keep working on desktop content editor, then debug the Elythara questline, and finally write one low-level quest.
Stephen: Continue with pending quests, and new, low level ones to hopefully be available in the next release, as time allows.

5.2 Current plans for next version(s)
Details of the release roadmap. What we plan to include and when.
Still a long way to go to v0.7.2. Longer than expected, but we’re working on it. It’ll be released when it’s ready…
The maps are ready but we still need to add new npcs/ dialogue/ quests and new items.
Planned for inclusion:
- Lodar shortcut
- Elyhtara quest
- 5 or 6 low-level quests
- BWM fix
- Various bugfixes

Ian: Will share ideas for the starter quests.
Duke
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #50

Post by Duke »

Great work Devs. Thanks for the udpate.
Lvl78 XP9403007 Gold 248643 AP3 HP139 AC350 AD42-59 BC97 DR1
SP:D MC3 BC CS2 QL4 IF MF EB DW2
Rols1Rol2Elyr1Char1Golf1Shaf0Srov1Vsh1
Ozzy
lvl:47 HP114 AC254 AD27-37 BC112
SP:WA HH CS(2) CL CE IF(2) Reg
Rols1Rol0ElyR0Char2Shaf1Golf1Srov1Vsh1
ace
VIP
android_version: 9.0 - Pie

Post by ace »

and is mikhail going to be updated like in this thread http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=4743
the secrets of shadow and light
be happy :lol:
https://facebook.com/andorstrail
Eurase
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by Eurase »

...Created Blackwater Mountain fix which makes it possible to view this area in the world map where ...
Also Lodars hideaway could be shown in the world map. (currently now map available there)
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Eurase wrote:
...Created Blackwater Mountain fix which makes it possible to view this area in the world map where ...
Also Lodars hideaway could be shown in the world map. (currently now map available there)
We have decided the hideaway is currently in another realm. So it won't be displayed in the world map.
To tell you the truth the hideaway would be a little bit south the the path to Charwood.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
Eurase

Post by Eurase »

Ian wrote: We have decided the hideaway is currently in another realm. So it won't be displayed in the world map.
To tell you the truth the hideaway would be a little bit south the the path to Charwood.
Yes, I think it should be North East of Foaming Flask Tavern, Eqast of that Zombie cave. The other realm, I think, is technically not necessary.
Ian

Post by Ian »

But wouldn't it be illogical if his hideaway would be outside of his maze?
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Eurase

Post by Eurase »

Ian wrote:But wouldn't it be illogical if his hideaway would be outside of his maze?
It's the first time I think that I read it would be "Lodars maze". I always thought it would only be "Lodars hideaway". Even if it is already called "Lodars maze" I would think it funny to have the hideaway near the road. At the end one hides there where he is not expected.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Okay I think you're right. I'll set it on my TODO list but right now I've got more important things to do.