v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #53 and #54

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Date: 2014-10-12 & 19
Present: Scott Devaney (sdevaney), Stephen Stalnaker (ctnbeh13), Ian Haase (Ian), Kevin Pochat (Zukero)
Guests: none

1. The Project
This chapter is focusing on the team, the community, the tools, the process.

1.1 News/Events
A list of facts that occurred since last meeting. This is where we can report events like availability of new tools/processes for the dev team. The result of work achieved can be announced here.

Continued discussion and updating of the main quest document and everyone’s ideas.

We have got a document (already 10 pages long!) and two mind maps with which we try to write a full storyline for the main quest.

1.2 Discussed in the meeting
Before the meeting we can raise the points we want to discuss in this section, eventually providing links. Below each of these points, we summarize the opinion of each present member on the topic. Someone that will miss the meeting can still provide his opinion this way so that the others know when the meeting comes. The conclusion of each discussion is given in one of the next two sections.

We continued discussion of the main quest storyline and available material to be near ready to compile in a new build.

There are some altered versions of Andor’s Trail again, for example on the Amazon Appstore and Google Play. Scott will try to delete them.
Some copies even have ads inserted to make money from an open-source game, besides most of them needing additional permissions. Our version only needs access to “Photos/Media/Files” in order to save game progress and read it.

1.3 Questions for the community
When we decide on asking the community about something we discussed, we reference the question here, along with a link to the related topic/poll.

1.4 Open votes & decisions
In this section, we take note of “set-in-the-stone” decisions, and questions that we need to think about in order to take a decision at the next meeting.

2. The Game
This chapter is focusing on the game rules, the code capabilities... basically the game design AND the game content (quests, maps, dialogues, skills, NPCs, the storyline…). Same inner layout and function as chapter 1.

2.1 News/Events
Ian is still working on the “whitecabin” quest (house southwest of Fallhaven)
Then, I’m going to work on Mt. Galmore again and finally finish these maps (already 70% done).

Enhance Mikhail’s dialogue and role in the game:
http://www.andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?t=4743
His dialogue will be enhanced in an upcoming version. He will act a lot more like a father who offers his information acquired from experience and insight, but he shouldn’t be an all-knowing guy guiding you through the entire game.
What about adding some more personal thoughts in the quest log: If you have found an interesting item/ finished a quest, you should go back to your father. Maybe he can give you some advice?

Deciding on what method to implement to trigger the event should prove helpful. A popup message indicating that you have entered an entry in your journal? A popup message of what is added to your journal? Update the journal transparently, simply allowing the player choose to review his or her journal for information at their choosing?

2.2 Discussed in the meeting

2.3 Questions for the community

2.4 Open votes & decisions

3. The Bugs

What we have to say about how we messed up. This is getting pretty obvious huh?

3.1 News/Events

3.2 Discussed in the meeting

3.3 Questions for the community

3.4 Open votes & decisions.

4. The Rest

4.1 News/Events

4.2 Discussed in the meeting

4.3 Questions for the community

4.4 Open votes & decisions.

5. The Future

This chapter details our current roadmap, and, if nothing happens between two meetings, can be copied over from one doc to the next one.

5.1 Planned team members activities
Each team member details what his/her plans are before next meeting. Like a ToDo list.

Ian: Finish whitecabin quest and continue with his work on Mt. Galmore.

Scott: Look at the missing images issue.

Kevin: Will continue working on moderating the forums and coding the desktop content editor.

The team: Restructure the main quest document and narrow the ideas down so that we have a general idea as to what parts of the storyline we’ll be focusing on. (I’ll get my notes transferred over and updated into this document. ~ SCS)

5.2 Current plans for next version(s)
Details of the release roadmap. What we plan to include and when.
Ian

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #53 and #54

Post by Ian »

I don't want to spoil a lot about the main quest but I can assure you: Feygard and Nor City are not the only factions trying to rule the world... :twisted:

Currently I have written down the story of Andor's journey but the decisions the player will have to make are still uncertain.

Will keep you posted.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

:shock: It sounds mysterious and scary ...
Ian

Post by Ian »

Hello this is a small update on my progress (or rather a TODO list ;) ):
-I need to look at the current dialogue and extract all important stories and relations states there
-Then I need to ask and answers questions referring to the main quest
-And finally I need to combine all the puzzle pieces and write down the whole storyline.

Btw, the document we are using is already 19 pages long. ;)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1