v0.8.9 (Bugfixes + translations) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.9) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Andor's Trail Project Meeting #55

Official news about Andor's Trail.
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Date: 2014-11-02
Present: Stephen Stalnaker (ctnbeh13), Ian Haase (Ian)
Guests: none

1. The Project
This chapter is focusing on the team, the community, the tools, the process.

1.1 News/Events
A list of facts that occurred since last meeting. This is where we can report events like availability of new tools/processes for the dev team. The result of work achieved can be announced here.

Ian: Continued writing on the main quest. This is a difficult task because all guilds/factions have to be better described, defined, and created. Besides, the newly invented content has to align with the existing ideas Oskar developed. My current approach is reading through the whole dialogue of AT and analysing it. Then, I am going to write down ideas related to the still undeveloped content of the main quest. Finally, the puzzle pieces need to be connected but that will be the easiest task (I hope). And then, we need to consider drawing focus to, and merging with, the main quest already in progress in-game. We need to know when we want to give the player clues where Andor may be found, and how much the player will learn about the growing conflict in AT during a certain conversation or point of progress.

1.2 Discussed in the meeting
Before the meeting we can raise the points we want to discuss in this section, eventually providing links. Below each of these points, we summarize the opinion of each present member on the topic. Someone that will miss the meeting can still provide his opinion this way so that the others know when the meeting comes. The conclusion of each discussion is given in one of the next two sections.

Discussed the development of the main quest and wrote down more ideas in it’s document.

What about the missing images in the forum? - Still unresolved.

We need to refine and update the dialogue of some NPC’s. When having finished a quest, some of these characters remain unaffected: For example, if the player has helped Prim, the people of BWM should all dislike him or her, and not socially acknowledge them anymore. Minarra in Crossroads Guardhouse is still talking about the disease of Loneford after this mystery has been solved (besides the citizens should be healed by the player, perhaps in a brief followup quest to restore health to those are critically ill, and/or near death).

Ian: I will refine all existing maps so that every one has the same amount of detail. Especially; forests, clutter, borders, shadows, vegetation and other landscape, need to be changed.

What's the general feeling about posting a list on the forum with all of the independent game reviews that have been offered on Andor's Trail? ~ (SCS)
Ian: I like it! It would definitely help encouraging the dev team!

1.3 Questions for the community
When we decide on asking the community about something we discussed, we reference the question here, along with a link to the related topic/poll.

1.4 Open votes & decisions
In this section, we take note of “set-in-the-stone” decisions, and questions that we need to think about in order to take a decision at the next meeting.

2. The Game
This chapter is focusing on the game rules, the code capabilities... basically the game design AND the game content (quests, maps, dialogues, skills, NPCs, the storyline…). Same inner layout and function as chapter 1.

2.1 News/Events

2.2 Discussed in the meeting

2.3 Questions for the community

2.4 Open votes & decisions

3. The Bugs
What we have to say about how we messed up. This is getting pretty obvious huh?

3.1 News/Events

3.2 Discussed in the meeting

3.3 Questions for the community

3.4 Open votes & decisions.

4. The Rest

4.1 News/Events

4.2 Discussed in the meeting

4.3 Questions for the community

4.4 Open votes & decisions.

5. The Future
This chapter details our current roadmap, and, if nothing happens between two meetings, can be copied over from one doc to the next one.

5.1 Planned team members activities
Each team member details what his/her plans are before next meeting. Like a ToDo list.

The team: Continue to write and develop the storyline of the main quest.

5.2 Current plans for next version(s)
Details of the release roadmap. What we plan to include and when.

New build/version still needs to be tested.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
noamik
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Andor's Trail Project Meeting #55

Post by noamik »

I would like to attend one of the next meetings, if my time schedule permits and if you are willing to allow my presence.
chanki
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by chanki »

this means new update is not so far
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

Unfortunately, we still need to test the new version. But we are in the process to do so. :)
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
DanielS
VIP
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by DanielS »

Great news! Does it means a new content to translation near in the future?